Engineers, how many credits did you usually take per semester? The internet tells me it should be around 17...

Engineers, how many credits did you usually take per semester? The internet tells me it should be around 17, but I seem to need to take around 20 this semester to stay on track. (I've never fallen behind either).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Credit_Transfer_and_Accumulation_System
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In Europe the recommended credits are around 30. I usually take 20 if I want a lighter load.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Credit_Transfer_and_Accumulation_System

i took 16 every semester but my last where i took 12. did 6 credits the first two summers and did internships my last two.

also dual enrolled at my local community college because they had 3 week, weekend classes which allowed me to blast through a bunch of bullshit humanities courses. look into something like that near you because goddamn am i glad i didn't have to put up with that shit for a whole semester.

>30 credits
>in a semester

Okay either that is some euro bullshit or your credits are worth less than ours. Post an example of a 30 credit courseload.

See:

You're either bullshitting or your credits are worth shit.

it's true, 4 years is usually 240 credits, so 30 per semester (5 courses, 6 credits each)

I posted a link to the ECTS. Try to read, people.

>One academic year corresponds to 60 ECTS credits that are normally equivalent to 1500–1800 hours of total workload, irrespective of standard or qualification type.

Databases 2+2 = 4
Algorithms and Data Structures I. 3+1 = 4
Analog Electronics 3+4 = 7
Signals and Systems 3+2 = 5
Numerical Methods 3+1 = 4
Programming II. 2+2 = 4
Social Psychology 2+0 =2
Total 4+4+7+5+4+4+2 = 30

Something like what you would call EECS, 3rd semester.
You also need to take some electives so you can easily go above 30 with ~3 credits. 28-33 is good recommendation.

1 European Credit coresponds to 30h of work load, courses + excercises are included. and it's 30 per semester if you wanna get your degree in a reasonable time, for an eg. Linear Algebra I in Germany, where I study, is 9 Credits, other courses from other shit faculties are usually 6 Credits, like Macroeconomics, Accounting and stuff.

and In many countries you also need a cetrain number of points(eg. 48 a year) to be able to continue studying or keep your right to free Uni(gov. budget)

Indeed. Here (Hungary) it's 30. Basically you need to do a minimum of 30 credits in the last two semesters. Basically 50%.

It depends how your school does credits. At my school engineering college only allows 18 credits max, doing it right now to work towards physics minor.

I did around 21~27 but I took a lot of extra classes.

It's true what and are telling you.

See pic related. 'LP' are 'Leistungspunkte' what's basically 'Credit points'. 1 Credit is ~30 hours. You're supposed to take 30 Credits/Semester (1 Semester here is 4 months) to complete your studies in the regular period of time (mostly 6 semester, sometimes 7 semester). That's what 'fulltime' is meant to be here.

Nevertheless to say some people don't take as many due working part-time or w/e. But some Universities are kicking you out after a while when you don't have n amounts of credits in your m'th semester or you're taking too long.

Every STEM class I had so far was between 6 and 9 credits.

Full time in US (for my uni and a few other public unis I know of) is about 12 credits which can be 3 or 4 courses. Most STEM majors have to do 15-18 credits per semester (4 months) to graduate in four years.

Most stem majors will take 5 courses a semester. Because science and maths tend to have labs and discussion periods, this may up the load to to 17 credits some semesters. You definitely should not have to take more than that, though - unless you're like a double major.

how the hell is he going to drink that beer

Is Veeky Forums that stupid? Different school and countries obviously have different scaling of credit points.

Around 25 credits here. And 1 credit = 50 minutes of class/week.
Also a good student is expected to do 20 hours/week of undergrad research. And you have to do 30 hours/week of internship for at least one semester in order to graduate. But everyone tries to get 1-2 two years of internship to not fall behind in the job market after finishing their major.

I took 4 to 5 classes and worked 30 hours a week because I was a poorfag.

Not Europe or the US, but we do something similar in NZ/OZ. BA students do 3 papers per semester whilst BSc do 4.

I was doing ~5 on average, higher level math courses.

didn't finish this. Higher level math courses tend to be ridiculously demanding though so i cut down.

>to stay on track.
don't fucking fall for this meme.

take only as many as you can while still managing to keep a good GPA. even if thats only two or three classes. finishing in 4 years is not worth graduating with a shit GPA.