If I can graduate 3 semesters early as a math major, would that look good or bad for grad school...

If I can graduate 3 semesters early as a math major, would that look good or bad for grad school? Or would it be irrelevant?

A math major is bare bones as fuck. Either double major, take a lot of electives (and a few physics classes), and/or try a few graduate courses. Also see if you can set up an undergrad directed reading program where you independently study advanced/nontraditional subjects with the help of a professor or grad student mentoring/supervising you (great for getting recommendation letters).

My (upper level) courses would be Analysis 1&2, Linear Algebra, Abstract Algebra, PDEs, Differential Forms, and Complex Analysis (graduate).

Only one semester of Abstract Algebra and no Topology? Yeah, that's not going to look good for graduate school.

a better question would be "can I afford it"

I can't believe people think performance matters. Assuming you're in the US that is.

>a better question would be "can I afford it"

afford what?

How is linear algebra an upper level course?

he is not talking about intro linear algebra freshy

It is the abstract proof based version.

What the fuck is intro linear algebra then?
You mean you take a math course WITHOUT proofs?

>What the fuck is intro linear algebra then?

Matrix Algebra

>What the fuck is intro linear algebra then?

Focused on calculations.

Matrix operations, Solving linear systems, Basic properties of vector spaces, eigenshit, various decompositions of matrices

Not that guy but some university's spilt it into two courses where the first one builds intuition and techniques specific to R3 and the second one generalizes to vector spaces, algebras, and in some cases module theory and some babby spectral theory. The idea is that retarded non math students only take the first course and are well prepared for the babby tier engineer math they do in their degrees. The second (and third in some cases) course(s) is aimed at actual math students.

>You mean you take a math course WITHOUT proofs?

All you need is faith.

grad school is usually free for math majors.

So I can replace the semester of undergrad abstract algebra with the year long graduate algebra sequence and add on undergrad topology. Still graduate 2 semesters early.

Aren't vector spaces like, the actual core essence of linear algebra though?
I mean, I'm a biofag who took linear algebra for fun and I can't imagine how you'd teach it based solely on R3.

Intro Linear algebra at my school teaches vector spaces, but only over R (and finite dimensional of course). And that is pretty much equivalent to just teaching Rn.

>for grad school?
im assuming this means phd?

it would be irrelevant unless you can make a stronger thesis in those 3 semesters.

if you cant then just graduate early as it looks way better.

No, it's usually "free" and you get paid a small stipend plus grant money and possibly a TAship.

That doesn't answer user's question whether or not you can afford it. If you think tuition is relevant and you don't realize how difficult it is to live off a small stipend then you have obviously never paid for your own living expenses so maybe your daddy is willing to pay to put you through grad-school too.

For most people they need to start working full time right after graduation.

This.

Don't, take as many difficult courses on your way as you can.

But what is the point of paying for an extra year of undergrad if I am just going to spend it taking all grad classes. Why not just go straight to grad school?

Taking grad courses in undergrad looks good to grad schools. You could just graduate as soon as possible, but when applying to grad school you would be competing with others who have taken grad courses. You will certainly reduce your options for grad school.

Explore difference branches of math:
Number Theory, Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Probability Theory, Dynamical Systems, Optimization, Fourier Analysis, Logic and Set Theory, Modern Geometry, Numerical Analysis, etc.

Graduate schools won't let you stay their forever. If you're not making progress towards a thesis, they will eventually kick you out.

Explore different branches of math: Number Theory, Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Probability Theory, Dynamical Systems, Optimization, Fourier Analysis, Logic and Set Theory, Modern Geometry, Numerical Analysis, etc.

Graduate schools won't let you stay there forever. If you're not making progress towards a thesis, they will eventually kick you out. Undergrad is the time to find what you're into.

This. Most math programmes expect you to have taken at least a few grad courses.