ITT: lab fuckups

ITT: lab fuckups

Other urls found in this thread:

lintvkhon.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/hfd-uh-post-explosion-report.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol is that blood?

Where's the body?

it imploded according to buzzfeed

I assume this happened in a slavic shithole yes?

>Honolulu Fire Department

this was the hydrogen tank that exploded due to a faulty regulator that leaked and somehow a spark was generated, right?

i remember getting a notification about this in my lab 2 years back or so. hits close to home since we use hydrogen daily and we have in next to a bunch of electrical equipment.

No body, surprisingly. Just a severed arm. Google Thea Elins-Coward.

*Ekins

>hits close to home since we use hydrogen daily and we have in next to a bunch of electrical equipment

RIP user.

I once spilled sulfuric acid on my hands.

happened to me once too
not a big deal, really. concentrated acid is very dense and viscous, so I only felt a burning sensation after a couple of seconds after I spilled it, then I swiftly washed it with cold water.
skin on area of contact was dry and yellow for couple of days, but in general no damage was done. even the hairs remained intact

I almost glued my fingers together with epoxy one time. Also spilled concentrated NaOH on my hand, and I accidentally splashed horse manure into my nose and mouth. Accidentally ingested dilute calgon because I was mouth siphoning.

My advisor shocked himself while working on electrical equipment that was still plugged in.

I almost burned my hand adding 10M sulfuric acid to a test tube full of water. Oops

I dropped a fractional distillation tube once trying to set the rig up. A $30 mistake

Nothing terrible so far thank fucking god

There seems to not be a lot of blood for a severed arm.

Have you ever taken all of the blood out of someones arm? Its lots.

That's what I'm saying you fucking retard. Try reading my post again, dumbass.

Damn almost got him nice try user

Regulator burnout, RBO. Happens with all types of compressed gas systems. Essentially an errant piece of dust or fleck of paint can find its way into the diaphragm and cause an explosion due to the high pressures within the regulator. Causes my asshole to pucker every time I crack the valve on an oxygen tank open.

>mouth pipetting
Are you a time traveler from the 60s?

everyone in my lab got shocked, even a visiting student we had.

it's quite a weird sensation. feels like arms are frozen for a split second.

lintvkhon.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/hfd-uh-post-explosion-report.pdf