Is there such a thing as photographic memory?If yes,can it be "learned"?

Is there such a thing as photographic memory?If yes,can it be "learned"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Price
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidetic_memory
scientificamerican.com/article/i-developed-what-appears-to-be-a-ph/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wouldnt say an exact photographic 'sherlock' memory nor deny its existence but I would argue that its all about the 'knack', when a person is very interested or is very in tune with that particular subject then he could recall more so than the ones whos not

Eidetic yes, photographic no, and eidetic memory is still fallible.

I worked at a grocery store for over 7 years. While there, I had to stock the shelves with different flavors of things. Making a list was inconvenient because gloves.

With pizza, for example, I could look at several brands aND all of their flavors and consistently pull enough product to stock them. I did this by looking at the "holes" on the shelf and assign a symbol to it. A whole section would take about 3 minutes to look over.

god fucking damn that is the cringiest image i've seen in a while

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Price

Some gaslighted people develop eidetic memory for conversations.
You can listen to perfect music in your head while you dream, if you cannot already do it while awake.
Your mind can create perfect images as well but it could be more difficult to summon useful information.
You should:
>Experiment with different drugs.
>Learn to lucid dream.
>Train your rote memory obsessively.
>Meditate.
Meditation helps you *relax* and tap into those abilities you have when you dream.
Lucid dreaming offers unfiltered, unlimited eidetic images, sounds, flavors, etc... but I haven't been able to look into real life information in my limited experience.
If you have the money you can spend them on nootropics. You can read about a handful of successful stories.
Then, say you have thoroughly understood and memorized a few books from cover to cover and can rehearse them in your mind while you do pushups.
Never done it with a whole book but in my case rote memory rapidly enhances my visualization abilities.
With meditation I can get into psychotic dream-thoughts after like an hour; very difficult practice.

Eidetic and photographic memory are two names for the same thing, so where do you see the difference?

>Eidetic and photographic memory are two names for the same thing,
Brainlets OUT.

kinda curious now
>had an exam today,
>went through my notes a couple days ago
>go through a specific piece of info, find it non essential
>get a question relating to that non essential info
>remembered it half way
what would you call this?
it was a formula about toughness, but didnt think much of it, but could see it, at the top of my notebook as if I were looking at it

is this something or do i just have muh snowflake syndrome?

>but could see it, at the top of my notebook as if I were looking at it
That's how eidetic memory works I guess.
I can see crisps images but not when fully awake.
You could train it.

>two names for the same thing
that's not true at all

what is with the people that got photographic memory after bad head injuries like car crashes

maybe you could reproduce this

t. Walter Freeman

So what is the difference? Even googling it the results tell me they're two terms for the same thing.

>Von Neumann was reportedly able to memorize the pages of telephone directories, entertaining friends by reciting the names, addresses and numbers.[17][169]
>On his deathbed, Von Neumann entertained his brother by reciting, by heart and word-for-word, the first few lines of each page of Goethe's Faust.[5]
Does this count?

>Does this count?

No he likely had a system. As far as I'm aware even those with the best memories use some sort of technique like a memory palace, I'd say that von Neumann used something like that.

Memory palace, mnemonics, and association.

Hardly "photographic memory", though.

A photographic memory in the strictest terms has yet to be proven, but they are terms that are usually used interchangeably.

>first line of the wall of text mentions a tulpa
Should I really read this?

Tulpa is borderline mental illness.

>Should I really read this?
No. That post is shit.
tl;dr relax and use mnemonics.

>Tulpa is borderline mental illness.
Mathematics is borderline mental illness.

>Spell casting
Welp guess I'm not reading that shit.

Agreed
t. Math major

You can use your favorite anime to memorize everything you want.

>Spell cast

The closest to having a photographic memory I can think of is Stephen Wiltshire.
A savant who draws whole city skylines from memory.

Everyone has moments like these. If you have a lot of them, you probably have an eidetic memory. If you don't, you just got lucky.

>Is there such a thing as photographic memory?

It's been studied. The current consensus is no for adults and kinda for around 10% of kids under 12.

From what I have heard (from other people) Stephen drew it a lot more accurate from what is shown in the picture. I can't help to be a little dissapointed. :(

>no I haven't looked at any of his artwork.

Studies also say 99% of statistics with no citation are made up.

No, not really
Except maybe in children under six

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidetic_memory

scientificamerican.com/article/i-developed-what-appears-to-be-a-ph/

TL;DR use your mind's eye :DDDDD

No wonder i have bad memory and require a fuckton of repetition, you phantasic fags can practice anything at anytime anywhere.

I have what some people call " photographic memory" but its hardly a rare skill. Just like speed reading, or drawing, or learning a second language, its just a natural skill you can learn and hone.

I reccomend starting with simple number games, and memory games, then moving up to memorizing phonetic phrases, then you may be able to jump up to entire chapters of books or entire books.

Do women read these images to feel better about life? Should I make an image like this to make women feel better about themselves?