Tfw MSc in physics but hired as an engineer

>tfw MSc in physics but hired as an engineer

At least you got a job.

Are you their boss?

No. I just install equipment.

>I just install equipment.

Holy fuck. Okay, it's fine. Tell me what is the title of your job? Please tell me it is something like: Senior Equipment Physicist.

Looked into doing a PhD?

t.Fellow Physicist

Cryo engineer. I have to install, test and calibrate equipment, sometimes at customer premises. These premises can be anywhere. Hello lurking co-workers.

>Cryo engineer.

Ok, that at least sounds kinda cool. Whenever people ask you what your job is don't fucking tell them "I install equipment". Even if that is true, you want to hide that truth. Simply say "I am a Cryo Engineer" and they will quickly scan their recent reddit popsci threads, realize that they don't know what you are but they should pretend to know and then they'll say "Wow, cool!".

That is how this world works. You don't install equipment. You are a Cryo Engineer.

I chose money. Didn't feel like studying anymore.

This.
/Thread

Is it better to say "I install hi-tech equipment internationally"

No the word install implies low skil, use job title and then if they ask further then try to make install sound really good by making what you install seem complex.

>being angry at how the world works
hello lebbit!

Yes but what I install is very complex.

>"I install hi-tech equipment internationally"

No. Because you know who installs shit? Everyone. Everyone with a computer installs things. They will see you as a fucking dirty technician. Now, you may or may not be a dirty technician but if you are then pretend really hard you are not.

By the way, how much green do you make a year?

>angry
I am not angry, I am just telling it how it is.

>what I install is very complex

Yes but if you say "I install complex things" that will not cut it. It still sounds shit. You need to say

"Oh, I manage cutting edge internal technology".

I guess around 40k €

>I guess around 40k €
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! That is more than twice the average salary of the european union.

Be sure to tell this to EVERYONE who asks what your job is. Don't hide a single penny. You are now, my dear friend, a succesful physicist. Congratulations.

you're a technician not an engineer.

Yes I also might need to travel up to around 4 months a year.

I am certainly not an engineer.

>dirty technician
I'll fucking wire your circuits in a loop, you stupid dweeb

Don't be salty. Look, if you get a 2 year degree to be a technician and you become a technician then that is fine. Be proud! That is great! You achieved your goal.

But if you get a 4 year bachelors degree in physics and then get a 2 year masters, also in physics, to become a fucking technician then you should consider suicide. That is why he shouldn't say he is a technician.

Look, he will most likely be talking to his friends of university. In 10 years some of them may be CEOs, full time professors and researchers or other succesful thing. OP better fucking pretend he does some top tier important shit or else they will laugh at him. You do not tell your researcher friend you are a technician, you tell him that you do industry research as a Cryo Engineer!

Yes but I won't probably do much research but the equipment is top-tier in the field of low-temperature physics.

Yes, just don't call yourself a technician around anyone but your mom.

Is cryogenics expert better than cryo engineer

Defi-fucking-nitely.

Expert sounds so pompous.
Might as well go full retard and call yourself cryogenics guru

Why don't you just say you're a physicist?

That's what I do.

how much do you make?

This. Manage is a much better word than install.

Top lel I make 120k€ a year.

i make -10k a year :(

I didn't even major in physics or anything. Just got some networking certs, and I'm really good at programming, and packet inspection. Got hired as an analyst.

Nobody asked you lol. Do the insecurities come as a bonus from 120k salary or were you born with them?

Added bonus you salty wagelet.

How about maintain?

>got a good job that's somewhat relevant to what I trained in as
Why are you complaining? That's literally the best anyone could hope for. Real life doesn't go anything like:
>omg I got 3 Nobels now right out of grad school
Be glad you have a good career ahead of you.

I'm not really complaining, I find it somewhat funny actually. I might have picked wrong pepe for op. All the other "engineers" at work are basically physicists as well. In fact a MSc in physics was required for this job.

kek at you for bragging and making it seem as cause for suicidal thought.