Can you be Chad AND good at maths at the same time?

Can you be Chad AND good at maths at the same time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Urschel
ww.youtube.com/user/professorleonard57
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No you mongoloid

Yes, but you need hell of a determination.

Yes, maths can be learned, actually anything mechanical can be learned by anyone. There is no reason to think that you need to be smart in order to finish any scientific course.
Most people in my class are dumb as fuck but they spend tons of time with their heads in books just learning to repeat stuff from them or by learning the logic/mechanism behind similar problems presented in tests.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Urschel

No famous mathematicians have been chads. But they can still get pretty good at math, enough to impress most people.

Maybe not a mathematician but Heisenber and Feynman were pretty chadish.

I got called a chad on /r9k/ on a face rate thread, and I study physics, so yes

>study physics
>good at math

Yes.
>pic related

physicist brainlets blown the FUCK OUT HAHAHAHAHAHHA EPIC

kek, this.
I have met physics major chads but I have never met a math major chad.

A better question is why is it so uncommon.

My theory is that it is by definition uncommon to be exceptionally good at something. Be it math or getting mad pussy. So being exceptionally good at both is exceptionally uncommon.

This is physics.
Also prove that that guy didn't just wander up to that whiteboard and grab the pen off a gaunt bespectacled autist before pushing him over.

Proofs: 0
Rings: 0
gtfo with your pet niggmatician, he's not fooling us

Nigga that's Professor Leonard, man teaches calculus like it's basic algebra.

That's not proof user and you know it.

>he doesn't know about the ol' leanard
ww.youtube.com/user/professorleonard57

>basic calc
>mandatory for all stem majors
>good at math
I guess it depends on what you mean by good at math though. Calc is seen as genius level stuff by most people. For example the Jacob Barnett videos where retards compliment his ability to read a textbook. But it's literally nothing to actual mathematicians or physicists.

He has a masters in math.
Definitely smarter than half of Veeky Forums, and that's iff most people on here aren't lying about their credentials.

>iff
that's not how it's used user
you are implying that if leonard is better than half of Veeky Forums then Veeky Forums isn't lying about their credetentials

I see. Chad just needed some glasses!

>Thesis Title: Postsecondary agricultural education instructional delivery
methods in a Chinese university
His masters was done so that he could teach math. You can teach calc without being good at math, this occurs in most highschools across America. I can't find any evidence he is good at math beyond calc. But I do agree he is still smarter than half of Veeky Forums. All these /pol/ bait, evolution, and singularity threads have long since convinced me of that.

I think you parsed his sentence wrong.

If (and only if) people aren't lying about their credentials -> he's smarter than only half of Veeky Forums

Otherwise, he's smarter than all of Veeky Forums

Yeah you're right, I meant to say at least half of Veeky Forums and that's if people aren't lying, else if they are lying then smarter than 80%

You mean "calculus" with "reals"?

Literally me.
>Win silver and gold in National physics olympiad
>Fucked 9 girls in senior year at highschool(could have fucked more)

Not 'murican btw

I'm sort of chadish and one semester away from getting my mathematical physics masters degree

>Competed in national junior maths olympiad 3 times
>Always finished top 50% at least
>Played top junior basketball in my state
>Played semi-professional baseball
>Surf, skate, ski, snowboard
>Drink and had sex with ~25 girls
>Had 2 long term girlfriends.
>1st class honours average in my applied maths/mathematical physics degree.
>Thesis is on symplectic/complex geometry and applications to integrability.

I'm trying at least.

just be the normie with good grades and people will like you
if you´r having bad grades but are a sport chad
people will like you
if you have bad grades and suck in sports but you have a handsome face and are charismatic
people will like you

if you are stupid and fat or ugly they will not
if you´r an asshole they hate you

>he calculates the curl as a determinant
OP said good at maths, not US-tier brainlet using disgusting as fuck informal notations.

yes

t. chad irl

on the contrary user, the ability to do math is correlated with intelligence which in turn is correlated with the ability to get pussy.

Beautiful women, through generations, have seeked smart husbands that could provide and such. In fact, being smart (not a nerd in case you are already confused) is probably the most desirable trait (along with height, highly correlated to IQ too) they see in a man.

Therefore intersection of the sets
[eqn]\lim_{t\to\infty} (S_t\cap B_t) = S_t = B_t[/eqn]
where
[math]S_t = \{p\ |\ p\text{ has IQ over 130 at any given time (or generation) } t\}[/math]
[math]B_t = \{p\ |\ p\text{ is considered desirable at any given time (or generation) } t\}[/math]

inb4 le iq is a meme meme

>mathematical physics
OP asked for mathematicians not plug and chug apes

When did Eminem get buff?

>those arms will never gently cradle me against the world
feels bad man

talk about moving the goalposts.

huge faggot detected

He looks nothing like m&m. M&m is ugly as fuck with his bulgy ayy lmao bug eyes.

Feymann? Von Neumann was apparently a womanizer as well. And Galois was quite the guy.

There's this guy in my PhD program who's doing algebraic topology and squats 400lbs, I wish I had his time management.

what method do you use then? genuinely curious

yes, but you have to give up Veeky Forums and video games

My physics instructor is a Chad. Not dissimilar from the Chad in OP's pic, actually.

The term "Chad" is interpreted in a million ways.

Sporty dudes are rather rare among any profession that's not sport related itself, or where physical appearence is a clear bonus. There are not many Chads who drive buses or lead stores. Of course, a topic that's as much a joy as math will find it's practitioners to be doing it in learning also in their free time, so those guys are often occupied. So it's even rarer in that profession.

I've noticed that most super smart dudes are relatively small guys. like 5'8"

I guess you have a couple lanklets like Andrew Wiles, but they seem to be the exceptions.

>tfw 5'6''

If it makes you feel any better those are bad biceps insertions

>There's this guy in my PhD program who's doing algebraic topology and squats 400lbs,
>squats 400lbs
yes, everytime he painfully gets off the chair to grab a new doritos industrial-sized sack.

Dunno if this is enough math for you guys but

>5'10, 195
>squat 400+, bench press almost 300
>have fucked 40ish girls
>drink, but quit pot
>math major taking real analysis, just finished all lower divs, have a 3.7gpa

Why ???

wtf why is this guy not my husband yet? I'm in love

If you know what opportunity cost is and how to properly divy up your time to developing both body and mind, yes.

ita caone foa vais

A lot of engineers and comp sci guys I know are Chad's and they have good GPA's like around 3.8, and my gf is a Stacy who's a math major with a 3.5

Sounds like Stacy is going to hook up with a Chad.

Not If im a Chad. Besides, all the other Chad's have gfs and the rest of STEM at my uni is beta manlet asians and indians

>Not If im a Chad

If you are Chad, Stacy would still hook up with Chad...

Yes, if you get a good stat roll you'll have enough for both INT and CHA

>t. engineer

>tfw 6'5''

statistician :(

Decompose vectors into linear combination of basis, expand with distributivity and apply cross product on basis vectors, which involves rules as simple as [math]\vec{e}_1 \,\times\, \vec{e}_2 \,=\, \vec{e}_3[/math] and [math]\vec{e}_3 \,\times\, \vec{e}_2 \,=\, -\vec{e}_1[/math] (i.e. result is the third vector with a minus if the two operands are given in indirect order).

>5'10
sorry user, you didn't quite make it

>plug and chug apes

Mathematical physics is literally trying to make theoretical physics rigorous you mongoloid.

You are still a lardass, sorry.

>undergrad
>manlet
kill yourself

absolutely.

Yes look up Connor Murphy

Yes, rare but yes

this is because their blood has to travel a shorter distance from their hearts to their brains

wut that was my old roommate

he was pretty Veeky Forums and got laid but was also a nerd and a soc major

He's apparently doing a math/econ program at southwestern(?)

>tfw you failed his calc 2 class
it was a 7am class. am i brainlet for not being to do math at 7am?

No
You can be Veeky Forums and good at math though
But being Veeky Forums does not make a chad

If chad spent as much time studying mathematics as the average overcompensating incel he would be tremendously successful and likely discover many historically-significant theorems.

What is 'chad'? Being handsome and charismatic? Just being buff? Being all three? You've gotta work with what you've got - can you really make yourself 'chad'?

It's something you're born with. Maybe that's not fair, but life isn't fair.

Take comfort in the knowledge that intelligence is something you're born with as well. I know Chads who think that isn't fair.

I remember my calc 1 teacher was this huge fucking nerd. Wore cargo pants/shorts, hiking boots, half life shirt, braces. Literally couldn't contain himself when he would show us proofs. He would drone on about math history and famous mathematicians. Given that you have some mental image of him right now, right? Wrong image.

The guy was 6.5, shaved head, and facial structure which made him look like he was a hardened skinhead. I'd be willing to bet his benchpress range was somewhere in the 300's. His hands were like bearclaws they were so large.

Nice guy. Acted like the stereotypical nerd who would push up his glasses, clear his throat and say, "well actually."

Fucking anomaly that guy was.

oh and also forgot, he was a vegan. I'm still bamboozled on how he could bodybuild to that level and be a vegan.

"chad" is a blanket term used by fat undesirables who can't talk to women to describe otherwise attractive guys who can entertain female company (read: get laid)
It's thrown as an insult but in reality it's rooted in jealousy.

kek

>the mathlet COPING

What do you mean by "good at maths" and "Chad"?

>engineering
>good at math

some people can, but you can't

He said in a video he was doing Computational Math (Math and CS hybrid) and had like a 3.7 or 3.9 gpa I forgot what he said. Was he lying or are you?

Yes, this is a terrible question.

A deeper question, why is this the default representation of "Chad?" my brother is named Chad and yet he is a Gamestop manager, /v/-fag. When does the stereotype end and the reality begin?

read: go back to fucking reddit

I like your spirit mate, and yeah you can't be a total fuckwit but physical ability, not just size, is more important, ie, getting shit done

Niel Degrasse Tyson was a Chad back his college days.

epik
simbly epik

Tldw: i know a guy, yes

>ITT: Veeky Forums discoveries that stereotypes aren't necessarily true.

the determinant formula is probably the most convenient definition for the higher dimensional equivalents of the cross product

>intelligence is correlated with the ability to get pussy
>Beautiful women, through generations, have seeked smart husbands
>Being this much in denial

>Win silver
>literally argumentum ad argentum
nice try but you're obviously not good enough at maths if you ever score below gold
also I fucked millions of women before I even hit puberty, get at my level

Yes.

John Cameron Urschel (born June 24, 1991) is a Canadian-born American football guard and center for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL).[1][2] He was drafted by the Ravens in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Penn State.

Urschel has bachelor's and master's degrees in mathematics from Penn State and is pursuing a Ph.D. in mathematics from MIT.[3][4] He has published peer-reviewed articles in mathematics.[5][6][7] He is also an Advanced Stats Columnist for The Players' Tribune. Urschel is a rated chess player with a provisional USCF rating of 1601.[8]

>he will never be my husband
why even live

> are you gay ?
>if not u can have me