How do you get /good/ at Algebra?

What are steps to go from knowing 0 algebra to being a good mathematician in Algebra? I don't mean autistic advice like "Chapter 0" recommendations to someone that literally doesn't know what a group is, but an actual progression from learning Algebra for beginners to becoming advance but in a series of steps tat make sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/math/algebra-home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

use a calculator

Enroll in the 8th grade.

Work through Chapter 0.

I doubt a high schooler could make it through that book alone.

I'd recommend Pinter & Conceptional Mathematics (Category theory), then move to something like Chapter 0.

khanacademy.org/math/algebra-home

learn basic group theory (armstrong's 'groups and symmetry' is a nice intro). start learning the basic finite groups like cyclic groups, dihedral groups, symmetric groups

understand that algebraic objects aren't that interesting without studying their homomorphisms

key theorems: lagrange's theorem, sylow theorems,

learn some basic ring theory (first few chapters of hungerford's "abstract algebra: an introduction" is nice), starting with the integers and basic polynomial rings and moving towards studying fields like the rational numbers and its extensions

eventually learn some galois theory which connects field theory to group theory

also once you learn group theory you can learn representation theory which is basically a very powerful way to study groups using linear algebra (which is easy)

also homological algebra which studies certain sequences of homomorphism

OP here, thanks for this well written reply.

The book is definitely not easy, but it technically does not require any prerequisites. So if one really wanted to, they could jump right into it.

Although the categorical abstraction would initially be unmotivated (if that matters).

oh man that girl is very gorgeous
i need more pictures

BUT DON'T MAKE HER A SLUT

>can't get good at algebra because of ADHD
JUST KEK IT ALLLL UP
If only adderal wasn't so dangerous.

thanks man if you have more it will be appreciated

she resembles the natural beauty *_*

Euler's Elements of Algebra
Chrystal's Algebra: An Elementary Text-Book
Smith, Eggen, and St. Andre's A Transition to Advanced Mathematics
Carter's Visual Group Theory
Treil's Linear Algebra Done Wrong
Meyer's Matrix Analysis and Applied Linear Algebra
Shilov's Linear Algebra
Artin's Algebra
Herstein's Topics in Algebra
Roman's Advanced Linear Algebra
Jacobson's Basic Algebra I&II
Lang's Algebra

How is Adderall dangerous user?

It's an amphetamine.

it's an r9k attention whore

REALLY !!

Haven't you seen how batshit insane college students have been in the past few years? I'll give you 3 guesses on which drug that exploded in popularity recently that is causing it.

yes they could, easily

it's worth it

Conceptional Mathematics is superior.