How do you feel about hyper competitive classmates?

I'm in top ranked school. Students here are hyper competitive. Our professor released an assignment last night and students are posting on piazza that they submitted it already but have not received a grade yet and wondering when they will receive a grade, that they been waiting for 2 hours. They post non-user so everyone can see them. I see this more as "attention whoring" than an actual concern. These projects take 10+ hours to complete on average, so these kids must have spent all day working on it and are non-trivial.

stop being a pussy and work on your shit.

I'm 75% done. It was released yesterday & not due for a week. I have other shit to do than one class.

It's pathetic

those people need to fuck off

This is perfectly healthy behaviour. Survival of the fittest necessitates organisms competing amongst each other for superiority and dominance.

These individuals excel and stand out from the crowd because of their own achievements, and have greater worth than the conformist sheep that want everyone beaten down to be as worthless as themselves so they don't feel inferior.

If these individuals are getting better marks than everyone else, and are able to complete the designated task in a margin of the time it takes yourself, maybe you're just shit OP; maybe you're just SHIT!

I'm not shit because last class I completed every assignment 1st with perfect scores on nearly everything including exams. I'm doing the same in this class so far, but I don't feel the need to post on a for 400+ students, TAs, and professor can see. Plus it's obvs he isn't concerned about the grade, more about his appearance.

So what if this person is Peacocking? There's nothing wrong with boasting. I'll tell you something, it's sure worked because this person is so rooted in your subconscious for domineering that you felt like you had to vent about it. The jokes on you bud, because you've given this person exactly what they wanted. Admit it, you're envious of the attention they're garnering.

This person has already gone down in your history book, as well as all the other classmates who have seen this as being the one who excelled, the one who achieved, and the one who wasn't ashamed of their accomplishments. Years from now when you look back on this you will remember that person and very few other people will remember you - because you never stood out. That's what your thread is really about.

>op getting rekt by competitive individuals

This is not science.
This is not math.

This is just you being a pussy bitch.

Also sometimes they will grade on a curve and it makes sense for them to be hyper competitive.

and the professor read it and say under their breath "god fucking damnit i dont want to deal with this until its actually due, fucking kids only care about their grade not actual learning"

>
This person has already gone down in your history book, as well as all the other classmates who have seen this as being the one who excelled, the one who achieved, and the one who wasn't ashamed of their accomplishments. Years from now when you look back on this you will remember that person and very few other people will remember you - because you never stood out. That's what your thread is really about.

I already published as an undergrad. Years down the road no one will remember his post.

You're fucking pathetic OP, why did you make a thread to begin with if you weren't a little jealous and hating bitch? If you're so proud of your own accomplishments why must you try and knock others down, over a fucking submission of assignment. YOU ARE PATHETIC.

>I'm a published....
MAKING PERSONAL CLAIMS ON AN ANONYMOUS BOARD, OOOOOHHH BIG MAN, WATCH OUT! WHY DON'T YOU TELL US YOUR NAME, AND LINK YOUR ARTICLE IF YOU'RE SO PROUD?

Did you know I'm Albert Einstein?

Kill yourself OP, thus eternally removing yourself from the genepool. Humanity needs less regress left conformist, anti-competition attitudes like you've displayed here.

>MAKING PERSONAL CLAIMS ON AN ANONYMOUS BOARD, OOOOOHHH BIG MAN, WATCH OUT! WHY DON'T YOU TELL US YOUR NAME, AND LINK YOUR ARTICLE IF YOU'RE SO PROUD?

>post a bunch of autism shit no one will read

Kill yourself.

>post a bunch of autism shit no will read

But you read it OP, you read it because you crave the attention from anyone who is willing to give it to you, even if it's self-deprecation. You omega cuck ;D

survival of the nerdiest

>continues to post
kill yourself beta

OP, I can practically taste your salty tears as you cry your bleeding heart into your keyboard.
> How does it feel well you come to a board that congregates autism at its finest and you get shot down for complaining about not being autistic enough?
> How does it feel that no one gives a fuck about you in real life, that you have to whore for attention ANONYMOUSLY on the internet?
> How does it feel that you're wasting your life reading my shit posts, laughing my sides off at your inferiority?

won't bother reading that
>kill yourself

kill yourself

i dont think ive seen a topic go down the shitter this fast in a while, good job you two

My prof puts slides up before each lecture. Today he asked a question along the lines of "what is wrong with this code?" A regular person would've taken 10 seconds or so to read through everything, but this guy answered immediately, and without raising his hand. He clearly read ahead and figured out the answers already. Nothing wrong with that but I don't get why he felt the need to ruin it for the rest of us.

I'm usually an overachiever but I don't like to screw up lectures like that. I just do my work ahead of time and keep quite. Or I only answer one question per lecture, etc.

You can say I was a little rustled.

yeah, when you do shit like that it starts to leave a bad impression rather than a good one to professors. what leaves a great impression is to be the guy who always answers questions when nobody else does, and to be actively engaged in the lecture so the professor looks at you and thinks theyre doing a good job.

OP, you know you can tell how many unique posters there are on a thread, right? *pic related, it's 7*. , now 8 thanks to

All these posts of you spamming your braindead retort is just sad. Anyone reading this can tell you're just trying to make it look like people are actually siding with you.

It's time for you to log off the internet, hit the books hard and make a name for yourself. I actually feel sorry for you at this point. Like maybe your mother was exposed to heavy metals like Lead during her third trimester and it irreparably fucked you up, causing you to be socially mal-developed.

kill yourself lol

It's not really healthy especially to the extent asians will do it.

Then again I've been removed from it for a while since I taught myself most of my core classes and actually enjoyed my studies, which made them very easy.

Need attention. Is all desu yo ne.

No need to mind them - unless they directly challenge you, which rarely happens since most are brainlets who only focus on their own pieces on the board and are hence too afraid to engage with others.

>ask question on Piazza with user to all on
>reply to self with name activated
>TA marks my response as correct

simple

Yeah, that's how real life works.

Top ranked people are top ranked for a reason. They are voracious, ill-mannered sharks.

Play the game or be played OP.

Those people will either be brilliant and successful (if they learn to control this behaviour in a focused manner), or it will let their vices and instability catch up to them and they will crash and burn dramatically and drop-out as they take too much on at once and overload themselves.

Sometimes the tortoise really can beat the hare. You dont have to be the best, just the one with the best grip road.

Just worry about your own hide. Hell if you are as good as these guys, then you should find some like minded peers just below your level and group with them. You'll always have a way to teach and cement your learning and have some people that will have your back when you need help.
You guy might even end up top of the class eventually by the ens of it.

I ignore them.

Why even pay mind to these people? None of them hold up to the image they try to present, and an adult will realize different people live different lives and *when* you turn in an assignment says nothing about your ability to do it.

Just focus on your studying, hit your marks, and let morons be morons. They'll be around for a while, so you better get used to ignoring them now.

goddamn, do these kids go right home and do the assignment right then as soon as they enter the door?

lmfao im an instructor at a college and i feel this way. i feel so bad about when ive been hyperautistic about grades and shit. such a huge fag man. ive learned to relax a lot since then though, maybe a bit too much.

I am hypercompetitive with my friends to the point that we don't even share solutions to practice problems for the exams.

You've never taught a class, have you? These students are the most annoying little faggots to deal with with them trying to jump down your pants for validation.

>This person has already gone down in your history book
>as that one fag that shows of how much free time he has
wow how devastating will user ever recover

>
These individuals excel and stand out from the crowd because of their own achievements, and have greater worth than the conformist sheep that want everyone beaten down to be as worthless as themselves so they don't feel inferior.
Yep, nothing conformist about letting your life revolve around doing tasks dictated to you by a professor and begging for the approval of your classmates.

>How do you feel about hyper competitive classmates?
They are cheaters,every single one of them.
They told me and are open about it themselves and I have no business with them.

See, I have a real dilemma. I was raised as a "saint".

In the household that I grew up in, no lying was permitted ever, parental ratings on movies were taken seriously, I only said my first swear word because people started making fun of me for not swearing when I was about 12 or 13, etc.

However, the further I get involved in circles of successful people, I see the exact opposite behavior seems to work much better.

Doing as your told or straight out corruption gets real poor results. However, the most clever people seem to easily hide corruption or use it in a way that makes other people happy.

So, now I have to figure out how to retrain my mindset to become a little more shrewd and clever. I have to figure out how to compete without having to sacrifice too much of who I am.

>I have to figure out how to compete without having to sacrifice too much of who I am.
You simply do as other do in the given environment.
It is that simple,corruption and nepotism is core of every professional world dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
If you are offered a shot for this be that to make you easy for something lest say exam questions,or close relations with a professor take them and don't look back.
it is all and I mean all acceptable and you will see soon enough that people will do everything to lick your ass and be on your good side knowing that one day you might help them out.

>People work hard to get the best out of their lives
>People sperg out at this

Why don't you try to imitate them instead?

I'm not sure why but I felt the need to comment.

I've never understood this phenomena OP is describing. Attentionwhoring, envy, or the implied damage that comes from competitiveness.

Ever since i was a child, it was always like this. And I never got it. Sure, I compete like anyone else, and I've done very well for myself. But there have always been and will always be other priorities, and there will always be people who are smarter, luckier and / or work harder than myself, who will reap more fame and benefits for it. I don't see anything wrong with that.

This kind of reminds me about the area I live in. Used to be everywhere I was, people were so focused on their perceived privileges, envy, and malicious intent towards anyone who did well for themselves. Currently I live in an area where people openly drive around in expensive sports cars - those who can afford them -, and nobody gives a damn. You can just go chat with them and have a great time, or never even make eye contact. There's no envy there, just a sort of appreciation that these people all work really hard, and some of them got a better payoff than others due to whatever reasons. The people around here appreciate that, they value the entrepreneurial achievements and character of others, without feeling less about themselves.

Why can't all people just think like that? I don't get it. In my work, I have a very respectable position, even though I've turned down 3 promotions now due to being happy where I am. But nobody seems to look up or down on anyone else. We just all progress - or not - according to our own abilities and personal needs.

... Anyway I guess my point is, if you're lucky and keep associating yourself with educated, hard working people, there's a good chance you can end up in a work environment where people are smarter and have better things to do than focus on childish fights regarding their pecking orders in their social hierarchy.

this is what cheaters actually believe
this is what they tell themselves

It's a zero sum game

If people had better attitudes, maybe we could just focus on gaining knowledge and solving problems instead of getting a 90% instead of a 87% so that we can have an A- instead of a B on our transcripts

let the computer scientists fool around on computers and the electrical engineers play with electricity once in a while

"Doing as your told" is never good, because if you require regular direction it sounds like you're following orders without understanding.

You should want to proceed honestly because the alternative is ultimately harmful to yourself and others. Find your own way, sure. But don't pretend like you have to be immoral to get anywhere. That's what shitty people believe, and they use it as justification for being shitty to others around them.

Well, I am out of college and now having these thoughts, so that's probably the best time to become corrupted anyway.

Only genuine response in /thread

Being a narcissistic idiot has nothing to do with competitiveness but a need for attention and approval, specially of the loftier, holier-than-though types a bit like yourself.