Hey user, can I borrow your notes? I was out at a party and skipped last lecture

>hey user, can I borrow your notes? I was out at a party and skipped last lecture.

What do?

tell them to take a photo or write it fast down and give it to you after or to fuck off.

Let her see me notes, what the fuck kind of question is that?

are you really such a selfish self-important prick that you wouldn't share when it costs you absolutely nothing?

>haha sure, here you go
It's not like she'd outcompete me anyway...

if i didn't know em and that was their excuse, i probably wouldn't share

I thought this was /r9k/

>"Sure, but I write my notes in Sumerian. You /are/ literate in cuneiform, right?"

Here you go
OOoohh mmmyyy gaaawwwdd user you have such pretty handwriting

Like clockwork

>here you go
>actually i'll ask someone else, thanks
like clockwork

having ugly handwriting is pretty fun

>ugly handwriting

Post an example

Sure here you go,just make sure you return it tomorrow morning.

Depends on the class. My school heavily prosecutes cheaters:

>math
Yeah sure no problem

>organic chemistry
Yeah no problem

>organic chemistry LAB
Sorry, but no. Ask the TA for help.

>English writing class
Fuck off, read the prompt.

Friend of mine worked with her lab partner in an analytic Chem lab, and when they submitted the report, her IDIOT partner also sent the notes to her boyfriend, who copy pasted them.

They all got zeroes and a mark in their permanent record. My friend filed an appeal, and managed to walk away with a 70% for the lab and JUST a verbal warning.

Fuck cheaters. I'm not sharing shit.

>"oops, I thought that was my scrap paper and shreded it all, sorry."

Sure, but you give me a blowjob first.

>not having a PDF online with the notes for each lecture
What's it like going to a third world tier university?

This is the only acceptable answer

Wow seriously?

I will probably turn my back by this point and abandon the conversation.
Then never trust a word she says and get notes from someone else and make photocopy of them.

This. Also
>taking notes
I'm just shitposting on Veeky Forums all class and I'm graduating in a couple months.

I'd give her the notes, then tell her to get off Veeky Forums or make better threads

Tell that bitch to drop out.

kek, no

Veeky Forums is filled with high-ego STEM students. anything "feels"-ish here gets yelled as off topic beta garbage

except for
>tfw math major
>$300K starting
>any job i want

She doesn't really look like a party girl, it's probably just a plot to get your attention. You know what you have to do

Give her five dollars and wish her luck?

>cheaters
>copying notes

What? also her boyfriend is retarded

I would except my notes are indecipherable garbage.

See, but that's why you *should*.

> May I borrow your notes?
> ftw

Depends on how competitive the class is and how smart the person is.

She/he is obviously not that smart, so I would give them the notes.

Devilish.

I was trying to think back to a time that this happened to me.

I realized that my handwriting is so bad that often I cannot read it.

So, my shit handwriting saved me from most of these experiences.

"Sure, but only if you invite me to the next one."

You fags have no game.

>when it costs you absolutely nothing

It's a competition for grades. If everybody else gets worse marks than me, the curve benefits me. So you can see how giving notes does have a cost. What it doesn't have is a benefit. Because you know this bitch will never give you anything useful.

Sure, you can make a xerox copy if you like but you cant take it home with you.

'no.'

kek

>taking notes
Is this actually a thing people do?

no wonder you're still sexless, betacunt

If it's a memorization course like bio then you have to take notes because the professor doesn't put all the testable material on the slides. Taking notes for math classes is stupid as fuck though and I don't get why people do it. Or even go to lecture for that matter.

But even then, that's what the textbook's for, isn't it?

Nah, because there's a limit to how much your brain can store at any given time. It's not possible to memorize half a textbook for a test unless you're supremely autistic.

"I feel you. Sure, let me take some pics and I'll send them to you."

Why is this a question you autismo.

"I was out partying too, didn't you see me?"
"Oh sorry i thought you were-"
"Wow i guess i wasn't in your radar. no notes for you. to make it up ill give you my notes but you'll have to come to my friends party with me."

when in reality i wasn't there.

>taking notes

I'm embarrassed for you.

>not taking notes

you have to be a retard. you're basically wasting your university tuition if you don't take prof notes that aren't uploaded.

I don't speak uggo

Underrated

This

>curve
Oh -- for a moment I imagined you were in an education program, rather than a formalized dickwaving competition.

are you actually implying there are programs that don't bell curve? lol you're delusional.

>Sure, just take a photo if that's okay, I hope the handwriting is not too terrible.
Wow, big deal

You honestly just sound like a huge, salty cunt. It is not just a competition for grades. The truth is, nobody gives a fuck about grades. What people really give a fuck about is whether you are compatible with other people. Getting an autistic seizure because of some mislead sense of fairness is certainly not a sign of that. Stop taking these things and yourself so seriously.

In Europe we have academic honesty. We do not have curves

I wish we didn't have curves in America. It just rewards failure.

>nobody gives a fuck about grades

This only applies if you're in a job-training major where you can get a job right after a bachelor's. Everybody else needs good grades to get into grad schools and whatnot.

If you are sarcastic, not funny user.
If you are not.
> Welcome to Spain's engineering
> 85% fail rate in freshman classes

Just download the lecturer's slides

Consider a situation where there's a terrible professor and the class average is 40. This is not the students' fault. That's why curves exist.

and what about stuff he said thats not on the slide you brianlet?!?!?!?!?!

>The truth is, nobody gives a fuck about grades. What people really give a fuck about is whether you are compatible with other people.

No. If you believe that, then you are wasting the $10,000's that your parents saved up to give you to pay for school.

Sorry, forgot that America has this weird system with grad schools being strictly separate from your majors or however that works. Here in Europe you pretty much always do your master right after your bachelor's, usually without further qualifications necessary.

Are you taking notes or making dictation?

>Consider a situation where there's a terrible professor and the class average is 40.

Then it will be obvious that the professor should not be teach the class.

Or teaching might not be the goal. In some cases, that might be perfectly fine.

you make notes of what he says that is not written down or conventionally found in the textbook/uploaded notes. this is common sense. what do you think notes are? just copying whatever you want? that's idiotic.

I never really took notes, so she can try to do something with what I have if she can.

Every time I hear about European education, I imagine I was born into a place that was not America.

Ah, nice...

It doesn't matter whose fault it is. Bad professor or not, if the students didn't master the material, they should not pass the course as they do not have the expertise the degree embodies. If that's the case because of a dreadful professor, that does not change the fact that they do not have the expertise the degree demands. All it means is that if a class average is sufficiently low, the university should ensure the students get further opportunities to master the material. But the university should NOT give out degrees the students do not deserve, and thereby sacrifice academic honesty to satisfy some misguided idea of fairness.

As a student, you have a right to (and have paid for) an opportunity to learn the material, and assuming you did master the material, a piece of paper saying that you did. You do NOT have a right to a shiny piece of paper as long as you did what you are told no matter your mastery over the subject. That's putting the cart before the horse. You are there to get an education which in turn leads to a piece of paper; you are not there to jump through hoops to get a piece of paper, which may or may not have anything to do with an education.

Or at least, that's how it works in the civilized parts of the world where academic honesty is an actual thing.

>Then it will be obvious that the professor should not be teach the class.

It would be nice if professor's were scrutinized and fired if they suck, but that never happens. Even if a professor was fired, you'd still have to correct the grades for that class.