Human-pig

So, the first human-animal hybrid fetus as been created. According to the researchers, they hope to breed them in order to become organ factories for people in need of transplants.

Opinions on the topic? How ethical is this?

It depends on how complex the brain is.
can it pass the mirror test?
will it show reflective behaviour?

just human cells is not enough, see how liberals kill babies without care.

I think its great.

We are getting closer to making Cat Girls real.

highly unethical
10/10 would do again.
I want to buy a female with blue skin and red hair.

>The team then took stem cells from rats and injected them into pig blastocysts. This version failed—not surprisingly, since rats and pigs have dramatically different gestation times and evolutionary ancestors.

>But pigs have a notable similarity to humans. Though they take less time to gestate, their organs look a lot like ours.

>Not that these similarities made the task any easier. The team discovered that, in order to introduce human cells into the pigs without killing them, they had to get the timing just right.

>“We tried three different types of human cells, essentially representing three different times” in the developmental process, explains Jun Wu, a Salk Institute scientist and the paper’s first author. Through trial and error, they learned that naïve pluripotent cells—stem cells with unlimited potential—didn’t survive as well as ones that had developed a bit more.

Not unethical at all. Adult stem cells were used with pig embryos. No human organism is being harmed.

This is amazing.

Regardless of the fact that no human it's been harmed, the issue with the ethical experimentation of human + thing hybrids, lays on the rights of the creature itself.

It's abortion discussion at exponential, wich rights does an entirely new type of human has.

>ethics

mfw people mention ethics

>first

Nope. First public maybe.

>First public

I only know of the Hwang Woo-suk clonning experiments.

Any others that went public?

I suppose it depends on if we can scientifically define a human-animal hybrid (that was created from the initial embryo of the animal) as a human organism.

If it half looks as a human, I believe people will consider it a human.

Specially if it move, eats or starts to talk.

scientists produce a furry

>C
>U.
>C
>K

I T B E G I N S
T
B
E
G
I
N
S

This is a pig-human hybrid though, it's human cells inside of a pig embryo.

Isn't this just one step towards being able to grow an isolated human organ? I didn't think the plan was to literally breed pig men for organs

Pig man, baby, pig man!

We Hideauze now?

Full support from me

Yas

Screw ethics, I want organs on demand.

"Cat girls make it extra sophisticated."

Just make it a white male brainlet and libs won't give a shit about it.

Source or it's bullshit.

it's literally a pig with a human liver or kidney and could save thousands of lives each fucking month, how could it even be considered unethical, a human liver won't make a pig stand up and talk, it's literally in every way a normal pig

the worst part is that the same people screaming bloody murder at this are the same people that support abortion

>hybrid organism
>without GENETIC mixing

It may be a hybrid in the colloquial sense (in the same way a bloody mary is a "hybrid" of its ingredients) but not in the literal sense (like how mules are horse/donkey hybrids), i.e. the one that matters.

This. Livestock where you transplant the organs rather than eat them, whoop de fucking doo.

Ctrl+F: Bullet
I'm losing faith in you Veeky Forums

ABSOLUTELY HA-
MHH

>the one that matters.

That's not for you to define, even the rat with a human ear caused controversy.

Imagine a pig with a human heart, if they stop at that.

Actually I very strongly doubt that anyone that supports abortion would not support this. Only someone that considers a handful of human cells inherently 'special' would care about implanting them in another animal. And for vegetarians, this is surely at least a vastly more ethical use of an animal's life than mere consumption for protein.

The ultimate goal is still lab-grown organs of course, not just for the sake of the animals but for a much more controlled growth environment.

genetically engineered moth girls when?

Most illness and disease can be prevented by eating nutritiously. Society consumes sugar, fat and salt. The science way: deal with the symptom and not the problem.

You mean the profitable way.

Why spend money devloping human-pig hybrids when there is already a country full of them?

ava?

We could breed the man-pigs to work in factories too. Slavery laws only apply to humans.

If you used a jews dna for that would it be a sin

Now splice a bear in as well.
> ManBearPig
> 50% man, 50% bear, 50% pig

I don't think that's how percentages work, Mr. Gore

The problem with Frankenstein science like this is that people who disagree with it don't have a say in the matter and there's no fucking way I would ever let my tax dollars go to this. This is clearly playing god and breaks ethical and moral guidelines. I think all citizens, not just scientists should have a say in what research is done and I vote no on this.

One of the next steps would be creating pigs with human brains

it would be the polar opposite of a person with Down syndrome

Who cares what you think senpai.
If the universe doesn't want us doing something, it'll be a physical impossibility.

That's like, your opinion.

>dom't have a say
politics? cloning humans is banned even though it's literally no issue at all.

to all the people saying "it's literally just a pig: Where is the exact border between a human with pig cells and a pig with human cells? this is onviously no question here, but it might be one in the future?
And please don't try to distinguish by the presence of consciousness. Consciousness is not a discrete property unless you are talking about the only reasonable definition of consciousness: you are conscious and no one else.

So is it possible for them to create a true pigman, half human stuff and half pig stuff?

Could they select only particular traits, like have an otherwise normal human fetus grow pig ears?

If not, how far off is stuff like this?

I want to get my own pet catgirl with an obedient, dog-like brain, but some faggots think that'd be immoral.

It's funny, cause we don't want our tax dollars paying for 90% of these political agendas that do nothing to benefit mankind, but they take them anyway and pay a fat fuck to preach something stupid anyway.

Next up:
Catgirls.

literally 3d pig disgusting

Wouldnt these hybrid organs be vulnerable to diseases that target animals but not humans?

They'd presumably have human DNA and cellular structure, so no.