Who /regret maths/ here?

>you chose maths instead of a social life or trying to find a girl
>you love it so much
>there will always be somebody better at it than you
>you will never prove a groundbreaking theorem, and stare into the great abyss alone, knowing you are the only one who understands it before you share it with the world

There is no winning. I either get cucked by chad or cucked by the unabomber.

Or you could just do something cool. Life doesn't only have to be about one thing.

>There is no winning. I either get cucked by chad or cucked by the unabomber.

Well you're in good company user.

>>you chose maths instead of a social life or trying to find a girl

Fun story happened to me

>Got qt gf but be finishing high school.
>Decide I want to major in pure mathematics and become a logic monk, proving theorems a la Perelman
>Even before high school ends I am already reading advanced calculus and linear algebra text books to get introduced to learning through proofs instead of the usual memorization methods taught in school
>Get so into it
>Buy a whiteboard for my room and use it every day to solve new problems
>But my girlfriend stays at my house every weekend
>Everytime she is here I get distracted hanging out with her and I am too ashamed to just tell her to shut up so I can continue doing whiteboard shit
>When we have sex I unironically think about the current theorems I am trying to prove.
>As the year was coming to an end I decided that it was better to just end the relationship and focus on my mathematics.
>Remember that before her I thought women are inferior subhumans and that needing women is actually a trap made for them to divorce and take half your shit. I used to watch a lot of MGTOW philosophers on youtube.
>Accept that and break up with her. Continue with my adventure.
>University year starts and I do great but by my second semester start feeling really lonely
>Start using tinder and then after a while find a match with whom I had sex with.
>That afternoon, I still remember, I felt so empty inside after cumming. My chest almost hurt. I wanted to cry. How could sex be so meaningless? That reminded me of the passionate sex I had with my gf
>Contact her
>Take her out
>Get her back
>Now learning how to healthily balance pussy and mathematics. Maybe pussy = mathematics.
>Right now she is downstairs making me dinner.

If I could give anyone advice I'd say that at least if you already have a gf then DO NOT break up with her to focus on mathematics. It gets lonely.

Damn that 5 year old's life was ruined before it even got started.

So many people don't even get a chance. Sheesh.

This is the typical Veeky Forums user in 2017

what do you expect would happen to kids growing up with a website like this

some of us have been having this website tug at our brains from middle school through grad school

pretty sad. he should fuck off to facebook.

normies reeeee?

Really, I don't think anything could make you anons happy for other anons.

Veeky Forums is like a blackhole of broodiness, jealousness, and anger. I mean, I think it is in the slogan.

In a way I admire you mathlords. I know computer programming but out of interest of the more science and theory side of CS, machine learning, etc, I browse through textbooks and wish I could understand those moonrunes of equations.

Are you fags really angry that instead of becoming a lone math monk I decided to get a portable vagina with me? Fuck you. I know way more mathematics than all of you salty faggots. Git gud.

I'm happy for you. A balance is important in life - just don't let pussy become the centre of it.

Sort of. I only did undergrad so I'm not in too deep. The plus is that I can understand the hot "mathematical" stuff in my field (tech) very easily, and this is an advantage since software & computer people suck at math. The downside is that I neglected my health and relationships to achieve this, and also could have made stronger career moves earlier if I hadn't spent so much time studying during my undergrad amd had done more career research and networking. I'll say 4/10 with potential to be upgraded if more of it turns into a competitive advantage in the future.

Perelman is a geometer not a logician

>having a relationship
>twice
>any Veeky Forums user
No

Do you know about Veeky Forums? Even /pol/ posters get laid

>If I could give anyone advice I'd say that at least if you already have a gf then DO NOT break up with her to focus on mathematics. It gets lonely.

Needing women for self-validation means you are weak.

t. sauce fellow non-virgin mathematician.

Everybody knows that. I mean in his style. Working underground in my mom's basement on any problem I care about.

It is not self validation. It is company and sex.

I know that if we already had semi-sentient catgirls or sexbots then I wouldn't even have bothered to get a gf in the first place. Blame the game, not the player. Sex is a biological need.

You wont find happiness in trying to be the best, only to be better

i feel you. i just jack off and do math. i match with really hot girls on tinder but i never bother messaging them. maybe i should

Jacking off is good. I have found that the orgasms that I give myself are way better than the ones girls can give me, but the road to orgasm is better in sex.

This is because hands are shit but when you cum you can really optimize feeling so that the orgasm feels really strong. Girls pussies and mouths feel way better but when it is time to cum, if they are sucking, they do not feel where they should touch more. And when you are fucking them it is hard to really make the orgasm better other than just thrusting more.

So what is the answer? You need both. Sex and masturbation. Go talk to those tinder sluts.

i start to regret it sometimes but then i think about categories and stacks and geometry and it snaps me right out of it

i made the right choice, mathematics is far more beautiful than any man or woman or lizard

you will die anyway

life is but a brief moment in the sun and then it's over

so don't worry about it