How do you memorize stuff Veeky Forums?

How do you memorize stuff Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21252317
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The best way to memorize stuff is make sense of it. otherwise, trying to keep in mind a lot of stuff will make you forget it quickly, as seen when you study just for the test and then forget the whole thing.

write it down time and time again and study day before examns with rigour and calmness.

First, when given material I need to memorize I never study directly from that.

I read it once and as I go I summarize it into neat self contained bullet points.

Then after I have my list I start reading one bullet point. Then recite it from memory.

Then read the second bullet point and then recite bullet point one and bullet point 2 from memory.

If I don't remember or make a mistake then I will re-read the bullet point I fucked up and then repeat until I can recite.

Then I go to the next bullet point, read it, and then recite all bullet points I've read so far. Do the same in case of mistake.

Basically

Read bullet point N
Recite bullet points 1 to N.
Read bullet point N+1
etc.

Retrieval practice my man. I don't even read my notes anymore.
Really gets the neurons firing.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21252317

Associate the memorize phrase with something stupid

For example

The square root of 4 is 2.

So visualize an image that is this sentence and your brain will actually remember it better because this primate meatbox sucks.

This made me realize I'm a brainlet and that Veeky Forums has a lot to do with it.
I mean scrolling for hours which is literally the opposite of active retrieval is probably detrimental to memory skills.

try to structure the information. For example if you have 10 points about some political stuff you might be able to structure them into 3 groups: related to the people, the state or the economy.

>The ABC Song

I use the method of loci, works great

stop being a brainlet.

There's no trick - just be genuinely interested in the subject matter. If you're not, then tough shit.

I pinch myself in a specific part of my body repeatedly as I try to remember a new concept, formula or something else. When the time comes I just pinch myself in that specific part of my body and it comes back. I just have to remember where to pinch myself.

For me, it just kind of happens. A difference I noticed between me and some coursemates/friends is that I generally don't view information I recieve as stand-alone, if that makes sense. Information almost always relates to something else I know, and that makes it much easier to remember imo.

This

Though I will say that for generic definitions Anki is probably the best

Otherwise you just need to understand, practice, and use the material

You most be a brainlet to not have some suspicion of this superior teach method when it comes to actually understand it.

Just straight up rote memorization? I make flash cards and practice them right before I go to sleep and then immediately turn the lamp off and close my eyes. Don't look at your phone.

A math professor who expected you to memorize 7 pages of formulas for his diff.eq class (not relating to the content being taught, but previous material to caught down on time) taught me this method and it works really well.

Learn the basics, re-derive everything from first principles as you need them.

Memorization is for pussies.

remember a tree of concept and link the new knowledge to related stuff that have already been in the tree.

Kek

Its genetic.

I'm in Calc 1 and equations from algebra just decay out of my mind after a few months.

I heard to focus on stuff we don't find interesting.

This.
Memorizing isn't learning, its remembering. And that won't help you solve problems what willbis learning, so you can adapt variable around the basic pricniples you've learnt.and not just recite formulee you've memorized