Infinite Energy

So what do you think governments and leaders, society and the people would do with infinite energy (without any pollution or radiation) if we magically found it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikiversity.org/wiki/Natural_electric_field_of_the_Earth
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardenclyffe_Tower
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>magically find it
The Earth is negatively charged, carrying 500,000 Coulombs (C) of electric charge (500 kC),[2] and is at 300,000 volts (V), 300 kV,[3] relative to the positively charged ionosphere. There is a constant flow of electricity, at around 1350 amperes (A) [approximately 1100 A][3], and resistance of the Earth's atmosphere is around 220 Ohms.[3] This gives a power output of around 400 megawatts (MW), which is ultimately regenerated by the power of the Sun that affects the ionosphere, as well as the troposphere, causing thunderstorms. The electrical energy stored in the Earth's atmosphere is around 150 gigajoules (GJ).
en.m.wikiversity.org/wiki/Natural_electric_field_of_the_Earth

Immediately patent it and bury it.

Is there any way of tapping into that?

Sadly, I think you are right. Or they would patent the tech and then sell electricity. The Comcast of power.

Depends on who harnesses it first, if its the government gets it they are going to charge people for it at a rate slightly less than electricity, put all power companies out of business effectively taking the right of energy away from the people and likely bolster their militaries, if not simply annihilate every other soverign state and gain power over all people. If the people or a corperation get it first, the people will become infinitly self sustainable leaving the government to gradually dissolve, space exploration will explode and we'll be reaching intergalactic travel in several dozen generations, colonizing and mining everything in between. The apex of mankfest destiny.

Unless it was discovered/created by a benevolent independent entity (similar to the internet), it would be used to make an unholy amount of money while keeping the source of it's energy secret for as long as possible. Although, I believe the information would be leaked eventually.

In a perfect world we would utilize the tech to sew our wretched interstellar seed across the cosmos, or create an equally infinite simulated universe and become God ourselves.

>not infinite
who cares

Same way you tap into any power source, just 'put a probe' in two points of potential difference in the desired direction of flow.
Easier said than done but basically a network of resonators placed straticgically around 'dense points'/places of high activity, in the ionosphere, connect them all through a common, lets call it earth. Now one only need apply a load between the resonance device and the earth and you have a means of spending the stored capacitances. Its just knowing specific wavelengths and corresponding windings in transformers that becomes the big issue and this will differ greatly depending on where you are. And most would argue the need for use of superconductors to have any measure of efficiency.
>TLR
>stepdown cuircut from 300,000v 1100A DC at an highest oscolation of 65herts to [insert countries voltage, amperage
, and frequency].

It would however lead to the source of energy through gained understanding by practical experimentation of large scale charged particle/bodies suchxas the one we inhabit and can apply this practical knowledge gained to theory. There is no energy present in any body or mass other than that gained from its environment. EMR radiates from beyond even the fabric of space, if one can conceive a method of synthisising this radiation you have zero point energy.

That's gonna be one hell of a transformer

Didn't Tesla design something like that? He wanted to give free electricity to the world?

Maybe I am mixing up stories/info that I heard, but isn't there a conspiracy that there is also a weather agency that is supposedly using Teslas tech to effect the weather around the world?

>but isn't there a conspiracy that there is also a weather agency that is supposedly using Teslas tech to effect the weather around the world?
You're thinking of the HAARP.

I found the project again. In high school I found the history of this project and had always wondered why it had not been revived,

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardenclyffe_Tower

Tesla was a real mad scientist. Death rays, weather machines, and pulling electricity from the sky.

He even showed up in those really old superman cartoons as an evil villain.

That was one of my first realizations that most people do not relate to scientists.

Ah! Yes! That is right. Thanks! No wonder we are getting such weird weather lately. It has been HAARP all along ;)

Well considering your substations are upward of 11000 volts (depending on your country, so its not actually that big a stepdown, it's just it would require a much higher frequency than the 50-60hertz. The magnitude of which would depent on the overall spread of networks connected as loads, so without an estimatate output coverage one could only throw numbers around based on our current electrical networks.

He is actually where I have this knowledge, I've been studying what is left of his papers and works, and have also conducted some small scale.experiments in the hopes of reproducing some of his debated inventions/discoveries

leave this fucking planet

a guy named dalek14mc made a 30 minute video in detail explaining and debunking HAARP but his channel was deleted.

War, war and moor waaar !
It's not about energy, resources or whatever, but how many skulls one step upon !
Since the first rock in the hand, until the last unbroken bone.

Get pissed that not only me has infinite energy and use it to destroy everything.

Is there any hypothetical problem or science experiment we have now that could be solved by generating enough energy?

interstellar flight

funny thing is all that stuff is publicly available, you can take apart a microwave and create Tesla's so called "tower of power", or at least a mini version of it.

Sustainable industry.

Through quantum H-theorem we shall obtain infinite energy.

With infinite energy you can utilize anything, no matter how energy-inefficient.
So make your enemy's ears ring at 130 dB, somehow. I'm sure there is some contraption with which you can do it.
Sure would have changed ww2 if you could have done that to Hair Fewer.

Pepe found it

>light travels instantly in a void
F A L S E V A C U U M

How do you think lightning works

tapping this would be a bad idea
it would weaken out magnetosphere and ionosphere leaving the earth vulnerable

>Main sources: Charges/Interactions/Electromagnetics/Electric fields/Earth (page does not exist)

Hopefully implement a universal basic income and usher in a post scarcity era where human necessities are produced entirely by machine. Basically star trek next gen

the big problem with that is that it takes a fuckload of time
nobody wants to spend billions of dollars today on a scientific project that won't pay off for a hundred years

So much utopia "angst"