What has this man done for engineering yet? Has he put his degree to use?

What has this man done for engineering yet? Has he put his degree to use?

He only has a BS in it so he's full of bullshit

Probably more or less as much as the average engineer drawing lego manufacturing plant tools in auto cad

he's a communicator
he does nothing for the theory, his job is literally to communicate it to laymen

>drawing lego manufacturing plant tools in auto cad
You sure know engineering stuff

>Probably more or less as much as the average engineer drawing lego manufacturing plant tools in auto cad
Design "engineers" BTFO!

then how is he one of the world's top scientists?

He's not.. hes a meme celebrity with a bachelor's in engineering.

that's all engineering has ever been. except it used to be fags with rulers n sheit and was just as easy and gay

hes not, just a bunch of edgy atheists think his opinions are gospel

He's helped engineer a new generation of Engineers by showing that science is cool

The wiki's say he did some work with Boeing and occasionally does class lectures at his college.

People like Nye play an important role in making scientific studies more mainstream, but otherwise he's nothing special.

So you might say he does social engineering.

pretty much this. we don't have to shit all over him since he's not making once in a generation breakthroughs in science, simply inspiring the next generation is more than what scientists do.

I have heard he is an insufferable asshole, sadly.
Feels bad man.

Yeah he was kind of a jerk when I met him one time, I saw Bill Nye at a grocery store in Los Angeles like 3 days ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

old stale copypasta is old and stale

What has this man done for archaeology yet? Does he even have a degree?

Engineering is still the same with whites and asians and now some nigerians. All male still.

>milky ways
not slide rulers or some shit
you fucked up

He's not a scientist, he's not an engineer, he's not even a top engineer.

Have you got any idea how hard it is to build some of these damn things? Pic related I couldn't finish this one until I was 25.