How will our new policies affect our scientific and technological development, Veeky Forums?

How will our new policies affect our scientific and technological development, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/samsam_86
google.com
scholar.google.com/citations?user=6RAl95sAAAAJ&hl=en
ch.linkedin.com/in/samira-asgari-8978a9108
researchgate.net/profile/Samira_Asgari
bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/01/28/told-him-have-valid-visa-but-told-that-doesn-matter/yttREc10s5cc7yjX3d48hJ/story.html
twitter.com/samsam_86?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
commonsenseevaluation.com/2013/06/03/muslim-behaviorterrorism-correlated-with-population-size/#sthash.zIVNKz44.dpbs
travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/employment/temporary.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pic makes my dick hard as diamonds

Please source for pic because that sounds like the most made up Shillary cuck sob story.

>How will our new policies affect our scientific and technological development, Veeky Forums?

>waah waah, now we can't hire immigrants

Lol americans. Don't you have the "best" universities in the world? Here is a pro tip: Hire people from your own fucking country, retard.

>everything I don't like is fake
Literally 5 seconds on Google, man: twitter.com/samsam_86

source or fuck off

>ask for source
>get a statement saying "oh no trump is bad"
source for an actual case, you faggot

The desires of politicians and capitalist always seem to conflict with science based progress, we need technocracy.

>google.com
>Samira Asgari
>scholar.google.com/citations?user=6RAl95sAAAAJ&hl=en
>ch.linkedin.com/in/samira-asgari-8978a9108
>researchgate.net/profile/Samira_Asgari
>bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/01/28/told-him-have-valid-visa-but-told-that-doesn-matter/yttREc10s5cc7yjX3d48hJ/story.html
>twitter.com/samsam_86?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Wow that was sooooo hard. Kill yourself cuck.

Yeah, yeah. I just wanted the source, faggot. Is that too hard for you? You gotta even act cocky for that? Lol. I already read it. I believe it. I am not like you. It's true.

Well, there is the thing. We no longer live in a perfect world. We no longer have the privilege of allowing muslims into our countries. We know from statistics from europe that the moment you increase your muslim population, so do your terrorist attacks.

Source: commonsenseevaluation.com/2013/06/03/muslim-behaviorterrorism-correlated-with-population-size/#sthash.zIVNKz44.dpbs

It is honestly sad that this scientist was affected by this executive order. I really wish she was allowed to do her research and it pains me that she was left without a job (never mess with someone's livelihood) but unfortunately we don't have the privilege of just trusting muslims anymore. It is the world we live in.

Stop muslim terrorism and then we can ease our laws again. I don't care about immigration, as long as it is not correlated with terrorism.

>Doesn't post source
>LOL. How come you couldn't google my shit for me? I should never post source. Everyone should just be obligated to google my sources for me or else they are cucks

Holy shit. This is top cringe material. This is Veeky Forums man. I am not obligated to do your job for you. If you want to bring a story into discussion then you find the fucking source. I don't care about googling your shitty sob stories.

>Get presented with a story thats ostensibly true.
>"Eh, I could take 5 seconds out of my day to verify it...but I'll just shitpost instead"

I want faggots like you to leave.

>boo hoo I had to actually present evidence, how dare you

fuck off, retarded faggot

on the case: heartbreaking. hope he can make exceptions for people who have already secured jobs and have valid visa's, it's ridiculous

it's on you to present evidence for your claims, not other's, you fucking baboon

>I want faggots like you to leave.

I am not shitposting. I already read the source the other retard at least had the decency to present. It is obviously true. Stop being such a fucking crybaby. You should always post sources. No one is obligated to just google things for you. If you want people to care then you should bring in the sources in the OP.

I'm not even OP you dumb fucks. It's not a hard task to google someones name and look at literally the first link. If it was something obscure then I'd understand, but this quite clearly isn't.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

>It's not a hard task to google someones name and look at literally the first link.

>no
>one
>is
>obligated
>to
>care
>about
>your
>shitty
>sob
>story

>trump institutes immigration ban on 7 high risk countries
>this doctor is from one of the 7 countries
>she was refused entry
>therefore trumps ban is not welcoming highly functional non threatening doctors from high risk countries, this is an outrage!

Typical leftist logic
You have one or two instances where yes.... there is a problem
The left then warps the narrative, applies what's known as "invalid induction," they create sweeping generalizations on the basis of a few "particulars."

The opposition however, does a similar thing
>people in Iran have been seen burning American flags
>Iran as a country has supported terrorist networks
>people who visit Iran are subject to false imprisonment
>Iran has a population of radical islamists
>therefore America must ban all people traveling here from Iran temporarily until a more secure vetting process is created

The latter makes more sense, national security takes precedence over the anecdotes of a few, until a process that works better is created.

So why post iit if you don't care? Obviously you do, you just expected it to be "the most made up Shillary cuck sob story."

>you just expected it to be "the most made up Shillary cuck sob story.

Of course I expected that as that is all you people did since 2015. Fabricate stories about how bad Trump is and then share them as gospel. That is why I had the patience to ask for the source and then when given source I then answered to the situation.

Here is my fact:
Black people are inferior trust me 100%

I will not post source though. No need for source. IF YOU GOOGLE THIS THEN YOU WILL FIND SOURCE IN THE FIRST LINK XDDDDDD

See how retarded you sound?

I disagree. I think this is outrageous, people with a job and visa, especially academic jobs, should be left alone.

>I think this is outrageous, people with a job and visa, especially academic jobs, should be left alone.

Yeah, everyone thinks this. Everyone wants her research to be done. But we no longer have that privilege. Our countries are LITERALLY at war with many muslim territories. Do you think it is sane to accept people coming to countries we are also currently fucking bombing?

Yeah. If only back in the 1940s our presidents had allowed the peaceful german nazis to come into our country. I am so sure that would have been 100% okay. Always let natives from the countries you are at war with to enter your country!

Welcome to the real world. It is not perfect. War is a thing. Espionage is a thing. Sabotage is a thing.

If you think that allowing "good" muslims is a risk worth taking then become the president and allow it.

Just fuck off back to pol

>Very generic claim, about an entire race, that's been repeated for centuries
>Specific claim, about one person, based on events in the past 24 hours
>These two situations are equivalent.

You /pol/tards are the biggest retards I've ever had the misfortune of meeting.

who cares? i highly doubt it if there's no one to replace her.

my graduate program is chuck full of iranians and none of them are doing anything exceptional or something that someone else couldn't do. if anything, it helps because maybe now academia will improve conditions to attract domestic talent rather than getting the lowest bidders from overseas that will agree to peanuts.

I mean. The one who brought in the political topic was OP, who is on your side.

You fuck off back to /pol/. Make your threads there.

>refuse to provide source for claims, "hurr google my claims and prove them yourself"
>directing others to /pol/
hey, I know you, what's up? not back to tumblr yet?

well it's fucking unfair, for one. she and her boyfriend had quit their jobs, she has worked hard all her life for this, and she got it. she also followed all legal procedures for passport and visa. it's unfair that because of her nationality she's being denied that. that's not how you run things, punishing people who do all the right things

And we're back to square one.Are you just going to continuing to shitpost in an incredible attempt to save face?

it's a temporary ban. if she's as smart as she's made out to be then she'll have an emergency fund that should last her until she's cleared for entry.

also, it's unfair to be celebrating out with your family and get wiped out by a truck driven by a muslim terrorist. if you want to stop shit like that you will need to take action, and there will be collateral damage, e.g. her.

yeah I'm also glad to see you again, good to see you're still trying to get people to bicker around and shit the board up for no good reason

it's amazing that even when literally everyone here agrees with OP's point you still get people to shitfling

you're truly the master shitposter

If you are angry that on Veeky Forums no one wants to play your little sob game then please feel free to make POLITICAL THREADS in /pol/.

>No U

Shitpost it is.

again, you can't punish people who do all the right things, that instantly leads to increased lawlessness with reduced legitimacy of the law

failing to punish a criminal is much less dangerous than punishing good law-abiding people

There should be a special classification like "distinguished ally of the united states" that immunizes people like this from mandates like this

that's a nice hot opinion you got there, but safety of your citizens > comfort of foreigners. that's the whole point of sovereign nations, to keep the best interest of citizens in mind. it seems to be lost on you leftist shits though.

no need to act like a retard, I support trump

I strongly disagree. not with the basis of the program, mind you, but with the fact they are not making exceptions for people with valid visas and a secure, productive job. are you gonna tell me they are a safety concern? they aren't, don't be a lunatic

Welcome to politics. You cannot accept people from countries you are at war with.

Do you know that many muslim majority countries have travel bans on Israel? It is the same logic. There are also many good scientists in Israel. But still I have never sen a shillary cuck cry over how muslims ban our countries, but they still cry when we ban their countries.

Fuck you, you two sided faggot.

what are you talking about? a decent country like the U.S. doesn't have the same standards as a sandnigger shithole. it's completely irrelevant that they have travel bans and kill themselves all day long

good, productive, law-abiding people are trying to come into the U.S. to literally contribute to the country and integrate, and exceptions need to be made for them

because if they added exceptions they would be exploited, like is always the case. it's better to review each case separately, which will happen once the new vetting measures are implemented.

also, she's not a citizen. she has no right to be here. a visa is nothing but a pass that can be revoked at any time.

>exceptions need to be made for them

Just like europe made exceptions for refugees and then ISIS targeted their radicalization programs to those refugees.

Literally make one law that allows doctors or scientists to get in and ISIS will start focusing their radicalization programs on scientists and doctors.

Say what you want about "sandniggers" but ISIS is a really smart organization. Their leader has to be one of the smartest people in the world for what he has been able to achieve from almost nothing.

Heck, do you know that ISIS leader has a PhD? Yeah, lets just let "good, productive law-abiding people" into the US. By tomorrow their leader will be here setting up a new child prostitution ring.

We'll have a lot more scientific development if we don't have to worry about being blown up or axe murdered on a train. It's gonna be a fantastic 8 years.

why would you make an exception for refugees you imbecile? you make exceptions for people who bring benefit to YOU, not people who leech from you

ISIS leader has a reputable PhD and is active in reputable research? bull shit. people who are active in top tier research are good, productive and law-abiding, and exactly the kind of people you want in a country, no matter what.

I'd also subjectively say they are the hardest kind of people to radicalize. Honestly, what do they have to win? They literally want to come and contribute.

>why would you make an exception for refugees you imbecile?

I wouldn't, but Europe did. And then ISIS targetted that weakness very effectively.

Again, allow scientists to get in and ISIS will just start radicalizing people at universities. They have the influence in those countries. Don't you know?

>ISIS leader has a reputable PhD and is active in reputable research? bull shit

He has a BA, MA and PhD in Islamic Studies. Now, that may sound silly to you but that means he has been a good, law-abiding citizen all his life. Heck, if you read anything about him you will get that he was a fucking nerd before making up ISIS.

People talk about how he was really quite, shy and weak. He is a fucking nerd. He is the kind of person you'd think would never do anything bad. And yet he made ISIS. That is how much they hate us. They hate us so much that even their fucking nerds want to destroy america. And you want to let those people in?

I wouldn't be surprised if the person in the OP was radicalized and was planning a bombing. There is at least a 1% chance of that happening.

>Honestly, what do they have to win? They literally want to come and contribute.

They win the respect of their god. Their bible literally says to kill all infidels and that if you die a martyr of Islam then you will be rewarded like no one else in heaven.

Do you know what being muslim means? It means believing those words.

You cant keep making exceptions to the rule.

Letting people in from muslim nations does show a marked increase in crime and terrorism. Instead of blaming the countries who react to this, instead blame those committing the acts.

>europe allowed anyone who claims to be a "refugee" in, and they abused it wow!
WOW! you retarded baboon

>He has a BA, MA and PhD in Islamic Studies
stop fucking with me okay? stop baiting me to reply to your senseless idiocy. just fuck off, holy fuck. READ what you fucking post, you fucking moronic jackass

If you are so confident then lets allow muslim immigration from "good law abiding scientists" into your state or district.

I will give you 100 days before you get fucking bombed.

>You cant keep making exceptions to the rule.

ridiculous non-argument:
travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/employment/temporary.html

notice visa O, for example. these people are already cataloged as such, and there's no reason to keep these people out

>has a phd
>can't figure out how to find a place to stay in fucking switzerland
she'll be fine

fuck off. you're arguing in bad faith. trying to convince me that someone with a BA, MA and PhD in fucking Islamic Studies looks like a good, non-threatening law-abiding citizen capable of doing productive research for the U.S? just kill yourself

not the point. that woman is much more valuable for the U.S. than most americans. it's a bad decision to keep such people out

>made up

I know tons of Iranians in science who almost just got completely fucked by this executive order. It was extremely sudden.

You're the shill. Guaranteed shitposter or not in science.

fuck off if you have nothing to contribute other than "I'm mad at you". post a source for your claims or don't make them, it's as simple as that.

I know this is retarded, but I knew this day was coming, and I knew that when it finally arrived, it would be fucking retarded.

Deep down I always had this feeling that the whites of this country would snap, and whatever that caused them to do was not going to be pretty.

All I can say to that is: oh well. That's a small price to pay for racial purity.

(Being devil's advocate here. I'm pretty sure that's how they think, even if they wouldn't use these words.)

Are we being invaded by a bunch of paid shills?

Is even OP a shill?

Why is Veeky Forums so politicized... I just want a place to make fun of engineers and undergrads please leave.

if whites are so horrible, why don't you fuck off to whatever brown third world shithole your lineage originates from?

Be quiet /pol/
For all your "not an argument" shitposting, you're terrible at arguing. Just shut up and let me do it.

>making a literal strawman while acknowledging it as one

kill yourself

it's about whether it is worth it to close the country to scientists with extraordinary talent because of possible homeland security concerns raised by their nationality

I think it is definitely not worth it but the other position isn't "hurr I'm hitler", you fucking SJW imbecile

>please let me argue I swear I'll do it better than you
>argument is literally "I know people who don't like this!"

kill yourself

>mup da doo didda whites good!!1
Shut the fuck up and go back to your trailer you retarded hick. I'm white. I'm trying clarify your non-ideas for you.

yeah, you're as "white" as all american mongrels.

let me guess, at least quarter nigger, eighth injun, a little sand nigger or jew thrown in for good measure too, right?

Sounds like you're butt angles that you got your non-position explained to you friendo

she is no muslim. she can become swiss citizen and evrything will be fine. she has grant money that wont go away. she can do the same experiment also in switzerland. indian scientists steal white scientists jobs anyway.

I have to say, it's kinda fun to watch it all burn.

Take that conservatives.

and now we know why Nero played the fiddle

?
Toronto has one of the highest Muslim populations in North America, and after having lived here my whole life, I can tell you there aren't any Shariah-patrol zones or whatever. Are there people who are very Orthodox? Yes. I see niqabis at my university. Have there been people who have been radicalized? Yes. Omar Khadr is a good example. But these are just the salient cases. I can tell you that 90+% of the people I've met from Muslim majority countries aren't devout Muslims. Of the remaining 10-odd percent, very few are radicalized. It'd surprise you how many hijabis I've seen supporting Bernie Sanders or Justin Trudeau; They're just like other university-educated girls in that regard.

Is there a problem with allowing refugees who've spent 2+ years running away from home, dealing with shady human traffickers, and who've lost everything? Obviously. But to pin that down on a demographic characteristic without looking at the big picture is intellectually dishonest and makes you look like an idiot. And let's not even mention the fact that a shitload of refugees are just women and children.

There's also the fact that Trump's strategy is stupid, since it deepens fault-lines between Muslims and the West and reinforces the terrorist's narrative that America is against Islam, so if the goal is to stop Islamic terrorism this is a really bad idea since it 1. Gives the terrorists more potential manpower, 2. Strengthens their already-powerful propaganda. Trump's lack of foresight is going to strengthen Islamic terrorism in North America, Europe, and Asia.

>hurr durr I get my opinion on Islam from JihadWatch.org
>hurr durr I actually believe Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi formed ISIS

HMMMM WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL OF SADDAM'S FORMER REGIME, WHO HAD ACTUAL TRAINING IN HOW TO RUN A MORALLY-BANKRUPT COUNTRY

pls be more cynical senpai

What is it like to plow hijabi puss?

>There's also the fact that Trump's strategy is stupid, since it deepens fault-lines between Muslims and the West and reinforces the terrorist's narrative that America is against Islam, so if the goal is to stop Islamic terrorism this is a really bad idea since it 1. Gives the terrorists more potential manpower, 2. Strengthens their already-powerful propaganda. Trump's lack of foresight is going to strengthen Islamic terrorism in North America, Europe, and Asia.
>if you try to fight terrorism, you lose.
t. turdeau