Walter Lewin hate thread

I used to listen to this faggots videos on physics, then I heard he got fired because he sexually harassed a bunch of adult women online

Deserves it, disgusting faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Lewin
youtube.com/watch?v=hj4NzU59wjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck off

THERE WAS NEVER A PROFESSOR LEWIN EMPLOYED AT MIT. PLEASE GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS CITIZEN.

Who cares? Doesn't diminish any of his accomplishments.

>he sexually harassed a bunch of adult women online

All the teachers do that. What is the problem?

ops thread is sarcastic. Theres basically kinda annoyance, because walter is actually one of the greatest teachers in the world, his videos show it, and he left a legacy to students and teachers everywhere. He was quirky, hillarious and overall showed physics was fun to students.

Then he got a bunch of students he talked to online on the MIT website, who accused him of sexual harrassment. The issue happened, but the controversy came about when MIT took away his emiritus scholarship, and all of his videos deleted from their website, with free college tutorials. He basically never existed at MIT or anywhere apparently. which is what is referencing.

People thought that was some bullshit, especially Veeky Forums. But it happened, and its sad that his legacy is ruined now after 40 years of excellent teaching and actually good research, because now the public thinks hes an old pervert.

He has his own youtube channel now apparently though, and his lectures got uploaded anyways, though MIT do ban the videos sometimes.

>In early December, 2014, MIT announced that it had determined that Lewin engaged in online sexual harassment of an online MITx learner in violation of MIT's policies.[1] Inside Higher Ed reported that this learner was one of many (at least 10) female students to whom Lewin had sent inappropriate messages.[25] The alleged victim, who said that she came forward to ensure the case is not forgotten, asserted that Lewin pushed her to participate in sexual role-playing.[25] As a consequence of its internal investigation, MIT revoked Lewin's professor emeritus title[2] and indefinitely removed his lectures from the institute's online learning platforms.[26] However, Lewin's lectures are readily available on several websites. As of April 2015, his course lectures average approximately 5000 views a day.[18]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Lewin

What a retard.

>sexual role-playing
what the fuck does that even mean, did he rape'em or not?

Basically he got reprimanded for violating MIT policy. Nothing criminal. Asking a woman in the workplace if she wants to sext is poor judgment, nothing more.
I'd still go over to his place for dinner, even if he has radioactive tableware.

His videos are great tho even if he was a perv

>I grab your bum

I now am literally as bad as Lewin.

I'm sitting next to my gf who used to have regular email correspondence with Walter Lewin. Ask her anything.

> The issue happened

He was flirting with some students. No problem, until one entitlement princess got upset because he flirted with someone else and she though he was all hers.

Complete and utter BS. And yes he was a great teacher. I watched his EM videos back in the day.

>Lazar claims to hold degrees from the California Institute of Technology and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.[2] In 1993, the Los Angeles Times looked into his background and could not find any records of Lazar ever having attended either institution nor has he produced his degrees or a copy of his Master’s thesis.[

>then I heard he got fired because he sexually harassed a bunch of adult women online
are you trying to make me watch his videos? because if so then you succeeded.

Get out feminist.
We won, Trump 2016.
We will grab you by the pussy.

>an online learner
Not even a real student
Thanks, liberal hysteria

He is definitely /our guy/

>tfw no one believes me

who cares

his lectures were shit

leonard susskind was better

you know how this place works "tits and timestamp or gtfo"

Free Lewin

>Trying this hard and still failing

>A girl goes online.
>The professor asks if he can see her boobies.
>She shows him her boobies because she's impressed by his social status and would therefore like to mate with him.
>The professor moves on.
>The woman decides she was harassed.
Make no mistake, he didn't even do it to his college students, but to the students studying at EDX, which doesn't count for anything. I personally passed both courses Lewin had on EDX and I can honestly say that the women who took their clothes off on camera for him did so freely. Again if you passed the exams on the portals where he was doing it it's not really worth anything. So it's not like he way abusing anything or anyone. It was mere social status and the effect it has on women. Most famous men do it and most women want it.

lol

Walter Lewin wrote my gf a recommendation letter that got her into MIT.... these girls weren't going it for nothing.

>teachers abusing their authority is totally acceptable and natural and the girls probably liked it anyway so it's fine
Hmm....
no

Fucking pathetic, I mean, look at this shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=hj4NzU59wjk

pussy

Ugh, lot of rape enablers ITT
I guess the stereotype of nerds being creeps is true. you fags probably fap to rape loli doujins or some shit like that

lol, you know most of the autists defending this old jewish creep would flip their shit if they found out some girl was getting an A for sexting with their professor.