>I hate it here.

>school
edmonds community college

>major
physics transfer

>year
sophomore

>comments
holy shit there are a lot of asians here i'm like one of the only white people here.

UBCO
medical biochemistry
3rd year, 2 courses behind
had the most courses i was interested in
kelowna is big enough to have stuff but not so big i want to die like vancouver

man i really want to move to kelowna

all of my climbing friends moved to kelowna, and those that haven't moved yet are moving in the next year or two

Loyola Marymount University
Electrical Engineering
Freshman
Hate engineering but trying to get paid

switch to something you like you dumb fucker. you really don't care if your life is some empty bullshit all based on "i wanted to get paid"? fucking hell some of you faggots are dumb

UCI student here. Just went up to UCSB the other weekend to see a girl I've dating. Holy shit that place is degenerate. Specifically, isla vista. Yeah a party every once in awhile is cool but those fuckers party everyday, all day.

>UBC
>Combined Major in Science
>3rd year
>It's a giant meme where you're the jack of all trades, master of none.

By some stroke of luck I was able to get into a forestry genetics lab so all hope isn't lost for me (yet).

combined major? sounds like a general studies degree

Kek. Not the poster you replied to, but how many people do you know that do what they LOVE and make a decent wage? The only person I know who did what they loved is my dad. Wanted to be a police officer since childhood, and he is one. But even as he gets older, he is starting to get tired of it. Pays well over 6 figures here in cali too.

and you can make 80K per year delivering pizza in Seattle. What's your point? COL is more important than what you make.

no one wants to live in Seattle though.

UBC has a way of creating new degrees so they can slap it on their brochure for marketing purposes. I have yet to figure out the difference between biochemistry and chemical biology, yet they're considered two separate degrees. There's also integrated science, general science, and CMS.

And it's not just the faculty of science which does this. We also have a Bachelor of International Economics program alongside our regular economics program.

I swear I hate the mathfags on Veeky Forums that haven't even been uni yet.

>Hate engineering
It does not get better after you graduate user.
Be prepared to be involved in an eternal big dick contest with other insufferable engineers about how smart you are.

>UC Santa Cruz
>Mathematics, ee minor
>3rd year, graduating in spring
comments:
>lmao weed university
it's pretty good here. campus is relaxing and they let you take a ridiculous number of classes per quarter if you want. I've met a lot of retards, especially in the engineering department.

> Notre Dame
> Physics
> Sophomore

Decently fun, good mix of people, and an excellent place to be for undergrad.

Eyyyy UCSC! imcabrillo :( I'm Maitreya Buddha tho so that's cool I guess. how do u like ucsc whats ur major

said in my post. math major, electrical engineering minor. ucsc is probably the most laid back place on earth. there are a huge number of bitchy liberal arts students though. if you are anything other than a communist they hate you. (I'm also very left wing, but they are full b sjw)

>Akron
>corrosion engineer
>1st year
>it's a lot of fucking work

one more thing: i don't mean to say that the obnoxious lib arts community here metres me dislike the place. i actually love the school itself. planning to go here for my PhD.

>Delft University of Technology
>Mathematics
>2nd year
>I love studying here, we have good and interesting professors

>UCLA
>Chemistry
>2nd year
>A lot of gunners here and I hate taking classes with the engineers who are largely smarter and harder-working than I am. Everyone seems depressed all the time. Lower division classes are mostly fucking awful but most of the faculty here is pretty cool if you have the opportunity to interact with them. Kinda wish I had gone to Berkeley considering I'm thinking of switching fields for Masters/PhD

>Taking anything on Veeky Forums seriously

>SFU
what is that?

South Florida university

Ahh, google only returns Simon Fraser University.

This is what happens when americucks think anyone knows acronyms for their shit universities.

>UC San Diego
>transfer
>applied math, chemistry minor
>campus is 80% Asian international and privileged white kids. I saw a guy wearing a $1000 Prada backpack and another student driving a matte finished BMW Beamer. Both internationals. Student body is pretty smart and hardworking, I have to work hard to stay top of the curve. But once in a while I have a class completely retarded. Ochem II right now is made of retards who couldn't get into the easy class and calculus series was filled with dums too

>UCSC
>UBCO
>UCI
>UCSB
>UBC

Is anyone supposed to know what these universities are?

The only US university that international people would recognise by the acronym is MIT.

Most people know the UC system dude. You know

The system that has Berkeley.

Any acronym that begins with UC usually refers to University of California....you know, the universities that all the people from your country to get into

>mix
>not pure anglo

shit-tier uni right there

>taking even one single post seriously

you don guffed

>Illinois-Chicago
>Math
>Junior
>Communist faggot undergrads, good math faculty, gay grad students all from Columbia

>Wayne State University - Detroit, MI

>Chemical Engineering

>First year

>Commuter school mainly. One of big 3 research schools in Michigan. Chemistry program is decent, not too sure about ChemE. Need to get more involved once I get into those classes next year / get involved in undergrad research.

How is Wayne State? Dangerous or decent? I decided to go to Michigan State instead because I didn't want to get shot.

The campus is very safe(Actually much safer than MSU, crime statistics wise, but it is a smaller school). I can't say anything about outside campus though, but I regularly walk downtown which is like a 3 mile walk. I haven't been shot
yet.

Initially I kinda regretted not going to MSU cause it was a big 10 school and they'd most likely have better networking opportunities, but I really like it here in Detroit. Not too sure education-wise, but MSU probably has WSU's Engineering program beat, but it's really Umich or bust imo. Not gonna matter when I(hopefully) land my first internships.

I'm this guy: I'm glad to see another math major fed up with college student commies. there really does seem to be little to no capacity for anything other than extremist thought in some departments

do bongos not browse Veeky Forums?
I can't recall a single time I've seen a bongo uni in these threads

Luton Sixth Form College
No major, it's a college you dip
Second year
Full of mudslimes, niggers, etc.

MIT
Math
great financial aid

USF is used not SFU

>your school
Stockholm University
>your major
Math
>your year
>your comments on school/major
The math institution is like 1 kilometer from the regular campus so its pretty nice to have your lectures next to a lake with a park around it. Also if you buy coffe/tea you get regular mugs instead of paper ones, so you can use one mug all day, thats pretty nice.

>Uni of Manchester
>Computer Science & AI
>1st yr
>absolute shite so far, hoping it get's better this semester.

>your school
University of Utah

>your major
Biochemistry

>Your year
2nd year

Not too bad. Professors are alright and people here are chill. It's mostly just your typical state university

why is it shit user?
I want to study microbiology there next year due to it being 35th in biosciences

>your school
Morningside college
>your major
Biochemistry probably as per med
>your year
Sucks. Shitty, small liberal arts college is both shitty and small. Very few decent research opportunities, but they gave me a good scholarship so here I am

Alright dude, college fag here (UK), i'm a good programmer and know Python and C# to a high extent. But how much theory and mathematics is involved in university CompSci?

I've done CompSci GCSE - A*
And i'm currently doing CompSci A-levels, which i'm finding revatively easy, yet there's not much maths involved here, morely programming. I suck at maths and got a B, and am not taking it in college, so what do?

Considering his focus with CS is AI, I would think in his case a lot of math is involved. To many others, CS is not math heavy; especially if they are going the B.A. route which is like one to two higher learning maths required. You go the B.A. route, expect to be either a code monkey or spend much of your time studying for networking and security certificates,

Don't get me wrong, Manchester itself is great - the nightlife is amazing and everything here is a lot cheaper than down south.

The CS course here is meant to be 8th best in the UK, but honestly I feel a bit of a chump for not looking deeper into the course content before deciding to come, as the course totally lacks, well... depth.

I don't know anyone on microbiology though, so can't offer an opinion on whether the course is good or not. If you do come, I hope you enjoy it!

Lad you'll have to suffer through the intro to programming shit as I've done (stupidly long assignments covering very basic stuff).
The maths on this course is quite difficult, primarily because I've never been exposed to statistics/probability, proofs and logic before... not too bad though. I got an A at A-level, but I since being here realise that I'm quite shit at maths. The amount of romanians here is insane... they've all done something like 4x the amount of maths we're exposed to up to university level before, so they find it alot easier.

Wherever you end up going, get to a load of hackathons - full of spergs but really good fun.

Fuck off

Utrecht University
Biomedical sciences
Second year now
meh, it's ok. Too little math/physics tho

>Pic related
>Game theory major with an emphasis in winning
>Senior

Kek

Samefag

Samefag

Samefag

>> New York times university
>> LGBT studies
first year
>> i love subject of Gay crussing

>Indiana University Northwest
>Biology
>freshman
>I came to school to study animals and ecology, but this tiny ass school only has a biology major. I'm hoping to get my credits this year and transfer to a bigger uni next year and hopefully major in ecology and go on to grad school.

Hunter College

Physics

Freshman

Cute asian chicks are distracting while studying, one of my profs is very well known in density functional theory and makes me excited whenever she talks. School is too liberal but libertarian colleges don't exist.

Off topic
I know this one person that finished mechanical engineering at MIT.. is that difficult ? Am I in the presence of a mental titan ?

Nope, probably just a minority, a rich kid, or high school grade inflation.

>UTD
>electrical engineering
>sophomore
Fuckin nerds everywhere

>VT

>CS

> 5th fucking year

>CS at tech is amazing and finding a job was really easy at my school if you take advantage of the resources. after this last semester I already have a job in silicone valley

Is this Uni of Texas at Dallas?

If so, do you like it? How is general campus life like?

>Berkeley
>EECS, the meme major
>Freshman
>really boring actually. girls are pretty ugly. too many asians

>university malaysia sabah
>environmental science
>graduated in 2014
>its ok

Yeah it's utdallas. The course work itself isnt crazy hard imo but I've heard otherwise from my classmates. Campus life is meh, too small with nothing too much to do. That may be with all campuses tho so take that w/ a grain of salt. Lots of foreigners in ECS/JSOM, and the qts wont date you unless you're muslim. Im making it sound worse than it is but i would go somewhere else if you want a vibrant social life. Otherwise utd is a great uni w/ lots of companies in the area wanting to hire you

>University of Waterloo

>Physics, chemistry minor (inb4 someone calls me by name)

>2nd

It's gud. The physics department is shit when it comes to organizing anything, especially compared to chem and math, but I mean it's fun once you meet the right group of people. Also, muh co-op

>McGill
>Physiology
>3rd year
>300 level courses require so lots of memorization so be prepared. Overall good diploma, just wished I learned more practical stuff. Take all non-science electives to balance it well. I want to work for a bit and then do a master's later.

UNF
MechE
LOVE engineering, but I really need to pass the FE exam for my degree to be taken seriously.

serious question, is UNF obscure or has anyone here heard about my uni?

>toronto
>geology
>2nd
>everyone is drunk and/or german
>everyone is fucking everyone and the department is like 30 people
>due to some professors retiring, the department is shrinking, so more and more classes are being taught by professors outside of their area of expertise
>i still feel that the quality of education is high, however
>rocks

I meant I graduate in 2018, its my third year

>VU University Amsterdam
>Pharmaceutical sciences
>3rd year
>Good shit

where my eurotrash at

of course the potsmoker is a pharmafag

DUDE
DRUGS

>ut austin

>aerospace

>1

>comments
Night life is great here, it's a great party school. Coursework seems reasonable, but I'm only a fucking freshman so it's definitely going to get harder. There's a lot of brainlets though due to Texas' shitty top 7% law

EECS MASTER RACE

saint vincent college
environmental science
sophomore
good academics here but everyones retarded

>Your school
U.N.A.M.
>Your major
Physics
>Your year
4th semester
>Comments
The Resnick is such a fucking meme book holy shit. I understand if you want to grab some problems from it, BUT DONĀ“T FUCKING USE IT AS A BIBLE YA CUNT.

Just a national college in Romania

>UC Irvine
>Physics and CS
>3rd year
>Physics professors will use circular reasoning to explain to you why nothing can travel faster than the speed of light and that the universe is not deterministic
>Everyone in CS will laugh at you if you prefer to think about computation as Lambda Calculus rather than operations on a Turing Machine
Kill me.

Jesus fucking christ there are too many newfags not getting it. I hate this shit tier board

> ESFM IPN
> "Physics and Math"
> Freshman
> I fucking hate everyone here. Its full of arrogant autistic idiots. I swear to God every boy here smells like shit.

>Princeton
>ORFE
>2012
>all of you are poorfags

>empirical evidence=circular reasoning
Gee I wonder why they laugh

>Stanford University
>Electrical Engineering
>Freshman, Winter Qtr
>I'm glad I got involved with the CS and EE departments!

>tfw you will be one of the only people that actually know how to fix shit in the incoming robo-zombie apocalypse

Wtf. I would have been happy to do that for 80k. Damn. Too late now. Fml.

The only reason I went into software is because I love programming. Kind of makes me cringe when I see so many people that entered the field just for money and now hate their job.

That is a good thing, if it were true. Sadly, you are wrong and that is why real estate is increasing in cost the fastest in the greater Seattle area out of all of the U.S.

You know how you can tell if someone is from California?

Don't worry. They will be sure to tell you.

>National University of Singapore
>Biomedical Science (muh premed)
>Freshman, 3rd semester
>based biochem and calculus weeding out the faggots already

I double goofed you.

How is the physics department there?

>Texas A&M at Galveston
>Marine Biology
>senior
Shouldve done aerospace engineering
but i was an idealistic little faggot who wanted a dream job like "swimming with all sorts of neato torpedo marine life for a living"