IMMORTALITY INSIDE THIS THREAD

Hello. My name is Simon. There is a genuine path to immortality to anyone who can provide insight/enlighten me on the following:

What would be the ideal way to grow tomatoes organically? There are many variances/waveforms of what is required for optimal tomato growth. Humidity/soil composition/rate of growth/temperature.

Any and all attempts will be rewarded justly.

Stop spouting pseudo-bullshit and misusing my name.

Aw, someone wants to challenge me for the name of Veeky Forumsmon?

It's okay. You can still have immortality.

Love = Truth = (0)!>0

If you expect an accurate answer, you must first define what traits an "ideal" or "optimal" tomato has. Ideal in nature is not the same as ideal for use in the kitchen.

Correct.

I simply meant what would be the optimal method for tomato growth/yield.

I don't know. I like me some tomato though.

Me too. Which is why I asked.

AWWWW I love you! Let's see if someone helps our tomato-growing cravings!

my grandmother grows some in her greenhouse so obviously they need warmth, but not too hot
not too much water

I don't know exactly, just trying to guide you on the right path

Here's a tip : Immortality is a curse and will be torturous if you don't have the ability to kill yourself.

So a temperature variance. Do you know the ideal range? Maybe a quick google would help.
You say not too much water. So humidity must matter. Is there any good method to control humidity cost-efficiently?

So you need immortality with free will built in, but make the button one only 'you' can push. Understood. I have built one for you.

The best way is to just do it.

>A temperature range of 65 to 75 F is best for tomato plant growth. When temperatures drop below this range, growth slows. Tomatoes will grow in temperatures warmer than 75 F, but you'll need to water more often to prevent wilting.
>Tomato seeds germinate readily in constant temperatures of 68 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit, emerging in six to 14 days

also if there's too much water the roots will start to rot and goodbye plant

Somehow if you were able to just give the tomatoes how much they need and then extract the surplus water

you don't grow them tomatoes are trash.

> In the summer when temperatures soar over 90 F. (32 C.) with nights over 76 F. (24 C.); again, the tomato plant will suffer damage to immature fruit or loss of flowers.
>Additionally, when nights become too warm, the pollen grains of the tomato flower begin to burst, thwarting pollination, hence no fruit set. This is doubly true when the air is saturated with relative humidity. The growing temp for tomato seedlings should be maintained at constant temps of between 58-60 F. (14-16 C.
>There are specific tomato varietals bred for cold hardiness which will tolerate conditions at or below 55 degrees F. (13 C.). The best choices for colder climates are short to mid-season tomatoes. These tomatoes set fruit not only in cooler temps, but also reach maturity in the shortest number of days; around 52-70 days. One of the most popular is called Early Girl, but there are many different cold hardy varieties to choose from.
>Besides planting cold hardy tomato varieties, some tomato frost protection may be provided by using plastic “mulches” or covering which will trap the heat to keep the fruit warm if temps drop below 55 F. (13 C.). Dark plastic coverings will raise the temps by 5-10 degrees while clear warm the tomatoes by up to 20 degrees. This may be just enough to save the tomato crop.

What my father has done, and he is a rather talented grower of orchids, is grow them in 50gallon buckes sitting in a kiddie pool. He starts them off with a little gravel and soil in the bottom of the barrel and adds soil as they grow. He keeps the kiddie pools half full of water. This gives the plants deep roots and a constant water source without drowning roots. This prevents the fruit splitting from dry/wet cycles. This works fantastically and his cherry tomatoes taste like candy. He uses normal wire trellises and you can figure out your own soil mixes, but I thought id share his technique.

Now THAT is amazing!

Would you be willing to share more of your father's techniques? I want to hear all of them! They are amazing and deserve to be shared with people who love to grow things everywhere.

I'm curious about this as well, it sounds pretty great. I'm assuming he the 50 gallon buckets have some amount of holes drilled in them? Elaborate, please.

Simon I have literally nothing going for my life just do me a solid with this immortality thing man.

And none of that "Your memory/love" bullshit either because nobody bears either of those things for me.

Anyway me uncle grows tomatoes and I'd say a temperature range between 60 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (cooler for night, warmer for day metabolic cycling) and ideally a bug-netted or indoor hydroponic system with cycling LED growth lights to remove temperature variances. Hydroponically set 12-16 inches apart should provide maximum yield given proper pruning. More if you squeeze it into something like an A-frame or hanging garden with the light source coming from the flooring.

Shoot for 50% relative humidity but make sure you have a system of air flow; the stimulation from wind, artificially created or otherwise, will also help strengthen the stems of the crop.

Make sure your lighting actually provides blue/violet light btw. That's all I can provide from my novice research and haven-slept-all-night drowsiness.

>What would be the ideal way to grow tomatoes organically
Oh look its another retard that thinks the veggies he grows in his backyard are "organic"
The only organic crops you are likely to find would be in some place like the slvbard global seed vault

Ask a farmer sometime about this stuff, if you're not afraid of actually learning.

what does BR=1 mean?

Best Result. It is the metric I devised to let someone know they are on the path to eternal joy.