Working on your PHD thesis in particle physics

>working on your PHD thesis in particle physics
>lean back in your chair to let all the blood flow back from your massive brain and momentarily recucitate your atrophying body.
>suddenly feel a cold steel barrel pressing against the back of your neck
>we are the ghosts of philosophers past present and future
>you must now overcome any potential biases and use all your available brain power to try and come up with a plausible reason for why science could be fundamentally flawed
>if you do not make a serious effort your frontal lobe will be shot clean off

Go.

sounds boring

pass

do i get a ghost blowjob first?

Dont confuse your lack of ability with a lack of motivation.

don't confuse my lack of motivation with a lack of ability

Problem of induction

next

Humans.

> PHD thesis in particle physics
What's the topic?
I am also a particle physics phd student

I feel like a postgraduate physicist would be smart enough to realise OP isn't actually a particle physicist.

Well, with and me, there's at least two of us on here shitposting. Why not more?

Alright, I'll join in.
>tfw to intelligent for particle physics

>to intelligent for particle physics
>to intelligent
>too

kek thanks for making me laugh I needed that today

hello newfag

OP was being hypothetical. He's saying YOU hypothetically are working on YOUR hypothetical (or, in your case, actual) particle physics phd and are presented with the situation: find a fundamental flaw with science or lose your frontal lobe.

Honestly not trolling - can we define 'science'?
I can think of flaws in how we practice science

Why the fuck did you losers apply for nojob: the postgrad ?

Meanwhile in Condensed matter physics
>literallly 300k starting
>worldwide job availibility
>desirable both in private and public sectors

off yourselves my men

Because of the memes, obviously. Future jobless physicist reporting.

Mentally ill people (people we deem to be irrational) have an entirely different and incorrect perception of reality yet they have full faith that it is correct, it seems to be that truth ellicits an emotional response when a new logical structure conforms to previous beliefs/restructures them to be self consistent, who's to say that our reality isn't a construction of invalid self consistent logic?

However only science has improved the standard and quality of life, I'm pretty sure my assumption that we can trust our perceptions when dissecting and measuring the world around us is well placed,

if you get a PhD in nuclear physics isn't there hope for a job? Besides copping out and doing medical or geophysics, I mean. I know there's national security and research you can be doing.

>physics undergrad
>staying at same uni for masters, but pissed off a couple of the physics professors so they rejected me
>now breezing through nuclear engineering master's
>not sure if I should stay in NE or go back into Physics for my PhD

need to decide if I'm taking the PGRE this summer or not lol.

Yeah Ill have a large number 8 please

Science is put forward by our abilities to perceive the universe. We hold this as truth, however, this is only one way of perceiving the universe. To become completely objective and understand and know, we must decouple ourselves from our futile selves.

Thankfully i'm not a theorist shitter and i'll always find some experiments to work on.
And nothing stops me from changing field in the end. I know some professors who had their diploma, phd and second phd in different fields.