Which is the most difficult Engineering Degree?

Which is the most difficult Engineering Degree?

Probably chemical.

t. Nuke eng.

EECS

Chem, biochem, aerospace, nuke

and very niche and specialized branches of traditional degrees, such as a CS eng doing quantum information research.

nah
chemical engineering is just highschool chemistry+building pipes

This, CE is not hard academically

It's still challenging in most programs because they overload you with irrelevant shit

EEE by a country mile

t. Chem E

Well this is an easy one.
Computer science.

>Engineering
>Difficult

kek

Electrical engineering > Nuclear engineering > aerospace~mechanical~civil > petroleum~chemical~computer science engineering > biomedical~industrial engineering

This

what's the third E?

t. EE

Depends.

The hardest Mechanical/Aerospace degrees are harder than the hardest Electrical degrees, but the average EE degree is harder than the average ME/AE degree.

What's harder, ChemE or PChem?

It's Engeneering Physics

What, BME is one of the hardest since it's usually EE+ bio, and biochem classes.

What makes you say that?

They take less EE courses and add bio courses = easier

Chem E here.

This subject makes no sense and I'm sure 99% of people who practice it just wing it.

enivronmental

Compressible fluids, non-linear dynamics

Not the other poster brw

pchem

Why I just do Chemistry. Love the subject but fuck the engineering shit.

telecom

At my uni it is electronic and electrical engineering I believe

t. ECE

On average, ME degrees are easier than EE. However, the most advanced problems that ME deals with require more math and physics than any other degree: compressible fluids, turbulence, chaos theory, etc.

Literally the only reason innovation in ME has stagnated over the past few years is that the field has matured so much that pretty much all the problems that could be solved have been solved, and now we're just making everything more efficient while waiting for math and physics to catch up so we can solve the other problems.

The only field that comes close is Nuclear Engineering, but it's been setback mainly by bureaucratic interference and the fact that some of NukeE problems are actually ME and ChemE problems.

I am doing EE and it is pretty fucking easy

Hey guys, idk where else to ask
Should I get EE ( automation) or CS?

Computer Engineering because the state of the art is rapidly changing and high level math.

Physical Engineering have a lot more inertia in concepts that won't change. A specific alloy of steel has fixed properties.

What you mean to say, is that Computer Engineering is not a mature field yet, and that it has no standard set of problems and mechanisms to deal with said problems. ie: it's a meme

CE is civil. ChemE is chemical. CompE is computer. get it right faggot.

chocolate engineering
>t. oompa loompa

computer science

only true geniuses can solve the legendary fizzbuzz problem, where an IQ of at least 150 is required

Dark engineering

MAH BOY right here. Nobody knows we exist but we truly are the master race.

Kek

The first two years are the mostly the same for any engineering bachelors. Some people do better at chemistry some are terrible at it. Some people do better at statistics/systems. Some do better at materials/geotechnical. Some do better at statics/structures. Some do better at physics emag. Honestly if you took somebody out of their field and threw them into another they'd be terrible, usually. They are all difficult for their own reasons that another person might succeed in one and be mediocre in another.

I'd say that's actually true. Like the other guy says, nobody knows it exists. Everybody mentions EE or ChemE when that comes up, but that's because nobody knows Engineering Physics.
t. Industrial Engineering

>t. Industrial "Engineer"
ftfy

>Tfw always tell people I'm a CE major for computer engineering

you're only hurting yourself. civil engineers are considered the most retarded second only to industrial.

Software

>structural engineers
>retarded
the clearly most difficult and potentially deadly is retarded?

>tfw just finished an intro to turbulence course and realized even the best professors can't do much about fluids these days except play around with CFD models and wind tunnels

>tfw our understanding of fluids will never increase as fast as it did back in the days of Prandtl, von Karman etc simply because computational stuff is the only way forward

retarded CE spotted lmao

>is just highschool chemistry+building pipes
nigga you what
katalysts
intense pressure/heat
physical chemnistry
industrial scale reactions
informatics
sensor tech
valve tech
safety protocolls
its very complex

I don't give a fuck about that. Gonna earn a lot more money than you because I focus on dealing with people and wealth.

Is electromechanich engineering harder than ME and EE? Or is like an easier version of both?

Continuum Mechanics in general is hand wavy as fuck.

Numerical methods was the most anticlimactic math course i ever took. so disillusioned after that.

>lol just RK4 everything

>getting an engineering degree to do sales

It's more like specialized, but if you can do proper ME too work then I would say it's good.
Electric machine (motor, transformer, etc.) design is classically EE territory with enough ME stuff so you can calculate basic shit.

I would say it can be good if it's coupled with advanced control stuff, automation, etc.

You should probably look at a good Mechatronics degree and compare with that. It would be good to know what exactly EME means in your case.
Usually hybrid/specialized degrees are either very good or very bad.

It can get quite complicated in the preprocessing stage though, can be quite difficult to create a proper representation of your problem

Once you set your mesh etc up though, I agree, all the optimal algorithms have already been found and you just wait for the computer to calculate

I'll check that out, thanks

Keep in mind that I'm in Central Europe, though.
My points still pretty much stand anyway, but ymmv.

cunt-slaying

>Which is the most difficult Engineering Degree?

See, I used to care about this, but now I just want to know what is the most lucrative engineering degree.

EECS and BioChem always seemed pretty tough, but they often get paid shit after graduating.

I have a qualitative metric that you can use to see how hard a degree is:

1. Stare deep into their eyes.
2. Look a little bit below their eyes.
3. The darker the rings are under their eyes, the harder their degree is and the more crappy their life is.

Welcome to the real life.

>muh physics
>muh maths
Enjoy your average salary.
I like maths though, it's just the physics part that I don't give a fuck about.

EE is one of the top majors for starting salary though

If you're the kind of person who wants to be an engineer, then the hardest form of engineering for you would be social engineering

>Enjoy your average salary.
Just because you deal with people it doesn't mean you'll get paid more, you are just as replaceable as anyone. Being 'Chief' something doesnt automatically make you have a higher salary, you are just the link between HR and the eternal abyss of autism of actual engineering.

>I like maths though, it's just the physics part that I don't give a fuck about.
Sounds to me you think you are good at math because you can compute integrals, derivatives and what not (so at best you are just like any computer), but too stupid to actually formulate them to solve something real (the one thing that makes us not get automated).

>Mechanical engineering has stagnated

I disagree. Consider advances in mechatronics, robotics, autonomous vehicles, additive manufacturing, carbon fiber composites, internal combustion efficiency, system dynamics (think SpaceX's self landing Falcon 9 or Boston Dynamics anthropomorphic waking robot), medical devices.... There are and will continue to be a plethora of fields for mech E's to make significant contributions.

T. ME junior.

>Enjoy your average salary.

If you obsess about making a high salary, you don't actually like math. You like talking about calculus you had to do because you think it makes you sound interesting. Your personality is actually quite common, unfortunately.

>has only taken calc/DE/LA
>hasn't taken any grad level courses in maths
>thinks they know anything about math/physics

ha, ha... hah.

>undergrad kiddie talking about things he has no clue about
every time lmao

you mention the same thing like 5 times lmao

you're not wrong but the way you put it is hilarious

>computer science engineering
What?

math has been caught up since ancient times, all pure math is applicable SOMEWHERE to predict SOMETHING

nobody knew f=ma could be used to figure out perihelions of all the planets around ours.

I can only hope in the future somebody will use algebaic topology or some math discovered in 70s for real life use.

This one definitely or Financial Engineering.

Like, god damn son, you gotta be really precise about your calculations and you got stress 24/7 but the pay is kind of good at starting salary (85k+) and mid career is like the average engineer (100k+) for some reason.

But IMO, all engineering majors excepting environmental "hug the tree, kids!" engineering are cool desu, since they're pretty much the artists of reality and the future.
Just my autistic thoughts though.
CS engineering is literally Computer Engineering I think.

>Graduate in Engineering
>Never end up working as an engineer
>tfw too smart for engineering

Alot of engineers and physicists end up in sales because it pays more and isn't as stressful.

[eqn]\mathbb{K}\mathbb{E}\mathbb{K}[/eqn]
[eqn]Dank\ weed\ mates\ just\ testing\ out\ dat\ Latex\ swag\ me\ the\ booty\ holla![/eqn]

[math]btw\ chemE\ sucks\ major\ dick\ im\ fucking\ failing\ dat\ gay\ shit\ gonna\ fucken\ switch\ to\ math\ maybe\ love\ me\ dat\ latex\ so\ much.\ \mathbb{I'VE\ ACTUALLY\ NEVER\ SMOKED\ A\ GOD\ DAMN\ BLUNT\ IN\ MY\ ENTIRE\ LIFE\ U\ NIGGER\ FAGGOTS\ I\ AM\ JUST\ DEPRESSED\ ABOUT\ MY\ LACK\ OF\ SOCIAL\ CAPITAL\ AND\ MY\ DISMAL\ PROSPECTS\ ABOUT\ GETTING\ LAID}[/math]

[eqn]\mathbb{ALSO\ CHECK\ THEM\ DUBS\ }[/eqn]

You get the degree but you need to earn the title.

> implying companies want to hire entry level employees without 5+ years experience

This.

In my country it's Physical Engineering which is essentially applied maths or less theoretical physics, you study general relativity and all of classical physics including maxwell in the first year and the second you get things like fluid dynamics, quantum mechanics, nanomaterials engineering.

It's usually so hard it's actually easy to get in to, people just don't bother applying because they know they won't be able to complete it

Also, I'd like to nominate my master's which is Financial Engineering, the math alone we deal with is far more complex than anything I've seen from my friends who are in top engineering schools

>Just because you deal with people it doesn't mean you'll get paid more, you are just as replaceable as anyone. Being 'Chief' something doesnt automatically make you have a higher salary, you are just the link between HR and the eternal abyss of autism of actual engineering.
Is not an automatic implication, but it helps a lot. Being able to deal with people means being able to not be an autist and do groupwork and get to higher positions easier.
I said I like maths, not that I am good at it.

>Sounds to me you think you are good at math because you can compute integrals, derivatives and what not (so at best you are just like any computer), but too stupid to actually formulate them to solve something real (the one thing that makes us not get automated)
I said I like maths, not that I am good at it. Anyway, I am good enough to pass with good grades and learn whatever I need to work. I would enjoy delving deeper into a lot of mathematical concepts, but that's not really useful outside of academia, so I don't care.

>If you obsess about making a high salary, you don't actually like math.
You know, user, it's possible to like to make money AND to learn maths at the same time. People aren't unidimensional.

The thing is, I never stated that I know much about those fields, just that I like maths i.e. I like abstracting and concatenating information, especially if it involves quantities.

The reason that fluid mechanics understanding has stagnated is IMO because we need a new mathematical tool other than vector calculus to understand and analyse it. All the big institutions play about with CFD because it writes papers, but it doesn't advance understanding in the slightest bit, it just helps people keep their job.

I've got a degree in aero and currently work as an electronic and control engineer. They're both hard in different ways, solving navier-stokes is a huge pain, but so is trying to hand calculate frequency methods, natural frequencies and fourier. I don't know enough about ChemE to comment. Civil is baby tier, despite what that one guy says.