World Language Proposal

Fellow anons, I have a dream. A dream in which you and me speak the same language.One that is not the meme language we are currently speaking.It is known that it is the most spoken language as a 2nd tongue.But we need something way edgier. Could you imagine if we all spoke latin,like it should have been in the first place. I'm from Argentina, so my native language is Spanish. I do think it fulfills the 2 most important things for a language.1.Sounds Edgy ,2. Latin-derived ,3.Conservative (In the sense of not creating new words all the time out of nothing) .I like it ,but I know Americans only associate Spanish with mexicans so they might not want to learn it. What do you propose?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_constructed_languages
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/12/02/china-has-more-internet-users-than-any-other-country/
newyorker.com/magazine/2012/12/24/utopian-for-beginners
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So like Esperanto?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto

Here's a list of constructed languages:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_constructed_languages

Latin

Instant, automatic translation seems like it is getting very close to being viable.

High Gothic when?

no that would destroy national identities and culture

testing

Literally pointless, machine translation is getting extremely accurate. If anything there is merit in preserving linguistic diversity, not trying to re-invent a global language (protip: you're writing in it)

Mandarin and Spanish are more prevalent though.

english is already the language of the internet, your post is irrelevant

No they aren't. Mandarin has more native speakers but far more globally use English than any other language.

I dreamed of a language which would be written in cymatic symbols. meaning that symbol and sound would actually be connected. words and phrases would be treated in the same manner so as the sound gets more complex, the symbol becomes more complex as well but does not lose it's initial form (you would still be able to see it's least complex form). e.g.: the word 'tree' would produce rather basic symbol, the phrase 'slightly bent burnt down pinetree'

there are many techniques to visualize sound but I think there are only a few, if not just a single system which does not produce duplicate forms.

I get tired just thinking about it.

>history_of_constructed_languages.jpg

To add to this. The dialect of English most widely spoken is a mix of Mandarin + English (analogous to Spanish). This is of course to be expected since the majority of English speakers in the world are Chinese.

This fails to capture semantics or abstraction. It isn't a language so much as it is a phonetic alphabet.

Word2vec is an interesting place to look for inspiration, I think.

this

The Phoenicians seem pretty successful

They get too much credit, the alphabet they "invented" is Egyptian, the Phonecians merely culturally appropriated it and popularised it.

I just finished the fenabachi sequence with words. And also proved that from no(thing) -1+0= everything of 1. Or no 1.

2 No (.thing) powers C○nstand/every (thing) corrupts 1

Al (S0)2 corrupts 1(thing) every time

>2>×|0=1

Forgot

>n0. 2 Things equals 1 fracture of .0
>2 equals no.T 1 min 0 r

They convinced everyone to use their language, by trading none the less.

It's also very practical.

Everyone sounds like an idiot talking Esperanto, it's the issue with constructed languages and the ones that emerge for common deformation of the tongue, that's incredible fast, even today.

Not really, cultural and local tongues have survived, and the tongues once determined as the official, turns into a completely new language in about a hundred years, what australians talk now, it's no longer english.

English is a good candidate. We just need to start writing phonetically.

it isnt actually. Most of the internet is in Chinese and rapidly expanding.

If it wasnt for censorship in China we would likely all be speaking Chinese by now.

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/12/02/china-has-more-internet-users-than-any-other-country/

Ithkuil
newyorker.com/magazine/2012/12/24/utopian-for-beginners

This.

Inglisz is e gud kandidejt. Ui dziust nid tu start rajting fonetikali.

Gritings from Polen.

global language lojban when?

Spanish is a shit language.
German > Russian > French > Greek > Swedish > Icelandic > Georgian > Hungarian > Arabic > Tajik