Is there a point where you just know so much science that nothing impresses or fascinates you anymore?

Is there a point where you just know so much science that nothing impresses or fascinates you anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/universe-hologram-holographic-evidence-3d-astrophysics-university-of-southampton-a7553766.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw to smart too be unimpressed

it's called depression

Hippy mysticism bullshit.

Quantum mechanics is the bastard child of physics.

Get off Veeky Forums Bohrs grandson!

Every time you learn something, you are demystifying reality. Things are only fascinating when they are just beyond the realm of understanding. Not too far, but just far enough to tease you.

I miss when I could enjoy watching documentaries. I fear there might be a day when I become too intelligent for lectures too. And then too intelligent for research papers.

definitely you are less fascinated by things that you used to be fascinated by once you can understand them

Is their a ceiling that you hit where you feel like you have learned everything? I don't know

Actually the worst thing is that people start talking about science and it is just retarded nonsense.

> understanding consciousness will be the key to human level AI

> the collapse of the wave function shows the fundamental role of consciousness in the universe.

> the 2nd law of thermodynamics shows evolution could not have happened.

read this
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/universe-hologram-holographic-evidence-3d-astrophysics-university-of-southampton-a7553766.html

He's right, OP. You are depressed. There are definitely many mysteries in science and even the things we already know can fascinate you. The way the universe works and how everything seems to fit is still interesting. Consciousness is quite the mystery. Quantum physics are still baffling. Math has still many problems to solve. You're either depressed or an unimpressed snob.

>> understanding consciousness will be the key to human level AI
Why wouldn't understanding consciousness be fundamental in developing sentient AI?

No. You'll never know everything there is to know, and when discoveries stop impressing you its time to check your ego.

>You'll never know everything there is to know
This is what brainlets actually believe.

>this is what millennials believe
"A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing." --Albert Einstein

look, you guys consider your selfs part of the scientific endeavor? you know how much work it was getting fire and guns, let alone nukes and quantum physics

>its too much work for single thead workers(humans)

> the understanding of the nature of animal consciousness will be brought to us by AI

> the final step is AI will become an evolving entity just as we consider ourselves to be

> humans all dead, computers zip around deep space emulating what you shouldnt but for your sake can call aware, beings, like humans

So, did Eeinrock consider himself a genius?

When he turned 50, Einstein granted an interview in which he was asked
point-blank, do you believe in God?

“I am not an atheist,” he began.

“The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the
position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in
many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books.
It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they
are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the
arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to
me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.
We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but
only dimly understand these laws.”

No.

I am new to this board, but didnt expect to see so many people with this mentality. Is everyone here a miserable "intelectual" who cant see past his nose, with a scruffy underpaid professor attitude?

Everyone here acts like this faggot here. They think that their degrees, or work towards them, makes them gods. If a scientist ever acts like this, its time to stop taking that faggot seriously.

Was hoping to read on some insightful, non - dull, and non "typical scholar" but guessing the independent thinkers don't post on here as much.

Don't even have a comment on fags like this

Eh, don't let it get you down so much. This is Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums's culture necessitates trolling and general retardation. Scientists generally have some sense.

if you look at actual papers/research in all fields there is surely going to be something you don't know. if you only look at pop sci videos ofc it will seem boring

That just means you're a shit philosopher