Hartshorne - Algebraic Geometry
Lang - Algebra
Rudin - Functional Analysis
Rudin - Real and Complex Analysis
Yosida - Functional Analysis

Feynman lectures on phyics

Bible

Ironically I have read both of them.

Are Kuhn books horribly outdated now? They were written like 10 years ago and technology doubles fucking every year.

I haven't read the books (hence the thread).

Someone on reddit asked your exact question and the user: borbus responded with,

"Depends what you mean. On the one hand, no, because it documents timeless knowledge. The runtime complexity of quicksort is the same now as it was in 1970 and the same as it will be in 2070 (and the same as it was in 1870 too). On the other hand, some of the information is less useful now, even if still correct, such as performance of merge sort on tape drives. Also the algorithms are written for a hypothetical computer that uses self-modifying code to to do subroutines and such. It's not wrong by any means, and never will be, but it's just not very useful in practice to know how to program such computers at present."

Spivak

Accurate list.

>Hartshorne - Algebraic Geometry
Are you retarded

everybody who takes more than one survey course in AG reads Hartshorne at some point

You could say that about each one of those books, but you also shouldn't take a comment in a gay thai cartoon imageboard so seriously.

anything ever recommended on here because you're all pathetic and might as well be illiterate with how little you read anything useful.

The books recommended by my professors

Come on. Both undergrad and grad Lang are great (though grad lang is more for reference than for learning). Also Bourbaki is not meant to be read by mere humans, I gave a shot to the first tome and it's horrible. Like "it's a joke" horrible.

Molecular biology of the cell

>Books no one [in my social circle] reads
...mebbe try to increase the radius
of your tiny social circle?

Young and Freedman's University Physics

I can totally relate to this. When I was a freshman, they told me that it's a must-have. Now I'm a Ph.D. student, and I have read like 50 pages of it.

MMIX editions can't come soon enough.

I don't know anyone who actually read Bourbaki and said it was good. On the other hand, there's lots of criticism of him.

Fuck off.

SICP

I've read it. First chapters were meh until the metacircular evaluator. It's all pure magic afterwards.

>reading anything other than journal articles as a neuroscientist

I never cracked open a neuroscience textbook, but I've written 2 chapters of one. Not this one though.