to this

...to THIS???
>youtube.com/watch?v=l7tyJGC0n4M

samefag

TO THIS

Is this the new pair of Air Jordans?

what a qt

>great value brand space suit

Engineers don't have a sense of style like they use to. Go look at old electronic equipment from the 60-70s. That shit had style.

>not rainbow colored to show drumpf we won't accept his hate

>Every thread must now be about politics.

You know, we already have two places for this.

Fiction. Science fiction.

He's got a really cool space sword. That was a good design decision on nasas part

These look better than I remember modern ones looking

You're blue now

What's wrong with this one ?

They are uncomfortable for men to wear.

that blue looks pretty cool DESU

that katana tho

That isn't the full equivalent to the orange suit (ACES), the blue suit is stripped down to the bare bones. The portion of the orange suit which corresponds to the blue suit is about a third of its mass (28 lb. out of 92 lb.). Pic related.

They'll probably look more similar in actual use.

The Advanced Crew Escape Suit has a parachute and a survival backpack, including an inflatable life raft. Because shuttle crews were supposed to jump out the door if anything went wrong.

Astronaut flight suits are kind of a joke. None of the Challenger crew jumped out the door, and none of the Columbia crew had their helmets sealed. There's been one case where, theoretically, flight suits might have saved a crew's life, if they were on and worked properly, but no case where flight suits actually did so. People don't like to wear the helmet or the gloves, so they don't, so they won't be on when shit hits the fan. Plus the conditions and failure modes are so extreme that any kind of backup (for any purpose other than continuing generally correct operation) is iffy, even if scrupulously maintained in readiness.

Anyway the Starliner people are obviously trying to make their suit look cool. Hence the pointless decorations. However, it's such an obviously half-assed effort that it ends up looking worse. Rather than "quality that shows" they went with "lipstick on a pig".

They went with tight tailoring to emphasize the diaper, and appeal to their core fanbase: furries.

YO LISTEN UP HERES A STORY

But...but what about my dick, won't this be, you know, tight.

Yeah, but... doesn't really stand out against the inky black of space, does it? Not really ideal for rescuing wayward spacewalkers.

> There's been one case where, theoretically, flight suits might have saved a crew's life, if they were on and worked properly, but no case where flight suits actually did so.
What is your argument for that? For Columbia they were going too fast to have survived after vehicle breakup (IIRC the astronaut's bodies got broke up under aerodynamic forces during vehicle breakup), and while the crew cabin for Challenger remained mostly intact until it hit the ocean, I'm doubtful of the ability for someone to crawl through the shuttle and opening the door in such a situation

If future spacesuits don't look like this can we cancel all future space exploration?

Takes two seconds to add a flashy LED.

I assume he is talking about Soyuz 11

>> There's been one case where, theoretically, flight suits might have saved a crew's life, if they were on and worked properly, but no case where flight suits actually did so.
>What is your argument for that?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyuz_11#Death_of_crew
Capsule depressurized during re-entry. Led to the adoption of the pressurized flight suit:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokol_space_suit

>For Columbia they were going too fast to have survived after vehicle breakup
Maybe. But at any rate, they didn't have their helmets sealed. They could have died from a Soyuz-11-type event.

>I'm doubtful of the ability for someone to crawl through the shuttle and opening the door in such a situation
...which is a good example of how little value these backup options can end up happening in an actual failure, especially when they depend on crew compliance in a moment of confusion and panic.

Ah, to twinkle among the stars...

ABOUT A LIL' GUY THAT LIVES

IN A BLUE WORLD

I thought you were only referring to Shuttle Deaths.

For the millionth fucking time... that isn't a spacesuit. The blue one is some Boeing thing that is going to be used on for some kind of high altitude plane, like a U2. It's practically the same suit those pilots wore.

I take that back.. looks like it will replace the pumpkin suit, however the pumpkin suits were based on the suit for U-2/SR-71 pilots anyway.

>pressurized
where's da dielectric elastomer suits

Take off orange suit. Is there something I am missing?

The ending of that video was just cringy. You can tell the women on the radio was about to burst out laughing.