Fahrenheit vs Celsius

Fahrenheit is the superior system for all measurements. There's actually a lot more you can do with Fahrenheit, and it's created specifically for human purposes.
For example, we generally judge air temperatures in decades, like high/low 60's, or 80's. Given a decade, any American can determine the ambient temperature with great certainty.
Also, it can be used to calculate salinity of water, given that saturated brine freezes at 0°F, and freshwater at 32°F. Percentages of salinity are at even intervals between the numbers, so 50% saturation of salt water would freeze at 16°F. 100°F is also the average human body temperature, between resting & active states.
The system is calibrated for US miles as well. Water boils at 212°F at sea level, but for every mile of elevation the temperature drops ~6°F, so if given elevation one can determine exactly at what temperature the water is boiling.
They don't really teach all of this in schools anymore, which is a shame because our system is a source of national pride & is actually very useful to both scientists & laymen. All of these features have no parallel in Celsius, which only has the simplicity of a centigrade system & freshwater at sea level. There's really no reason for Celsius to be the world standard, other than "hurr durr dumb Americans".

Wow, these advantages are SO IMPORTANT

There's no reason that fahrenheit is particularly useful. But neither is there for Celsius. Both are pretty arbitrary and determined by the freezing points of water in various circumstances. Outside of the context of water there is no advantage at all for either one, and even within the context of water it still doesn't offer any advantage. Setting 0 as the freezing point is only advantageous to retarded euros who can't remember any number other than 0. Setting 0 to a mixture of equal weights of ammonium chloride, ice, and water seems far more convoluted than the previous one, but in effect it's the same because there IS no effect.

Fahrenheit is the only American unit that I sort of enjoy more than the global standards.

I just like that the range is spread out a little more so it feels more descriptive.

I am American though, so I am biased.

Cool tricks OP. Thanks for sharing.

>miles
Into the trash it goes

Kelvin > all

Either system is equally useful for estimation of temperature.

Below -15 = suicide tier

This is what passes as science in US?

BAKA

Kelvin > Celsius > Fahrenheit

>Fahrenheit is the superior system for all measurements.

I took the bait didn't I?

>not using both

euro fag here
never used fahrenheit
its so useless

>a source of national pride
which keeps you from learning how to convert F C with eyes closed (thermometer shows -67F)
You probably never visited the land of manifest destiny

thermometer

Celsius in the lab, Fahrenheit everywhere else.

>we generally judge air temperatures in decades, like high/low 60's, or 80's

Such brainlets.

Use only one system (Celsius) and learn that 24º is chilly nice, 30º is quite warm, 34º is hot, etc.

>Muh decades. 'merica.

Fahrenheit is the standard measurement I'm most proud of in the US. It's a more sensitive scale than C as well.

>the metric system is better because its all in multiples of 10/100/1000

>haha 'merica with their decades lol just learn 24 is nice, 30 is warm, etc.

There is a thing called decimals if you need more precision.
Fahrenheit has no real advantages and all scientific formulas rely on kelvin.

>Water boils at 212°F at sea level, but for every mile of elevation the temperature drops ~6°F
So what happens 20k miles above sea level?

You can work all of those things out anyway just by reading a table, since they were all determined experimentally centuries ago

Kelvin > Fahrenheit > Celsius

fixed

Celsius is a meme scale

>24º (c) is chilly nice
>If 24 c is cold for you, you're an extreme bitch.

>I just like that the range is spread out a little more so it feels more descriptive.
Start using .5 celsius, now you have an even more spread range.

>j-just use another digit
pathetic.

>use three digits instead of two
>it's better guise!!!

you can't sea anything

Celsius is on the same scale as kelvin, therefore it is superior.

>Below -15 = suicide tier
Heh.

t. Finnfag

It's just a scale.

You suffocate at close to geosynchronous orbit.

It's just something you get used to, OP.
Celsius has it's advantages when working mathematically with energy, but it's really all just unit balancing.

>Below -15 = suicide tier
-15 is practically summer.

I was in Finland during the spring. People were drinking vodka driving by in sports cars.

I think you guys go crazy from the dark and cold in the winter and have a giant party in the spring.

Is this correct?

If Finland is anything like Alaska, spring starts in March but the snow isn't gone till May. In the two months in between you go outside in a t-shirt at barely-above-freezing temperatures and pretend that summer is almost here.

>a source of national pride
Daniel Fahrenheit, born in Poland, lived in
Holland, so in which nation do you take pride?

"...any American..." You lost me right there.

Australia here. You left out ">40"... what about us roasted countries?

Sensitive. If you MUST have accuracy where a single degree F is significant, then decimal degree C is OK too, isn't it?

kek

Celsius is superior, 0°C being 0°K+273,15
An increase by 1° in one of them also is an increase of 1° in the other

Meanwhile Fahrenheit is an unscientific system used by brainlets, with no basis in reality.

Plebeians

Mev>ev>Kelvin>Celsius>Fahrenheit

In Sibiria -40C is -40F

>°K

>Fahrenheit is the superior system

Stopped reading here

Fahrenheit is superior, 0°F being 0°R+459.67
An increase by 1° in one of them also is an increase of 1° in the other