Is Chemistry the best science?

Is Chemistry the best science?

>Biology is literally stamp collecting

>Physics is autistic and useless

>Engineering, Medicine and Math aren't sciences

Chemistry seems to have the perfect balance.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermodynamic_square
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>chemistry
>balance
hahaha, I get it !

Perfect balance of stamp collecting, autism and not being a science?

Physics

Thermodynamics is the best science.
>The hardest parts of chemistry chemistry
>The most practical macroscopic physics
>The only science that can explain most aspects of biology
>The best of Engineering applications depend on it

Flourine chemistry sounds perfect for you OP

What specifically is the interaction of enthalpy and entropy? Why do they fit like they do in the Gibbs energy equation? Asking for a brainlet.

>Physics is useless

2\10

Here is your (you)

>>Biology is literally stamp collecting

What's wrong with that? Sounds comfy. Better than having to deal with shit like this.

Free energy is either transferred or absorbed into a state change. The former is measured by enthalpy, and the latter is measured by entropy.

Chemistry is the central science.
You can easily teach a chemist physics, you can easily teach a chemist biology. The analogous case can't be said for physicist/biologists.

get btfo autists, physical bio-organic/inorganic chemist here

Perfect description of chemistry desu

Talking of chemists as if they were physicists.

Are American biology degrees not 50% chemistry like here in Germany?

>Is Chemistry the best science?
no biochemistry is more interesting

they are

Biochemistry is comfy. Work with expensive equipment all day.

They are. Hes just being a retard when Chem majors take 1 or 2 more math classes as a requirement.

>Biology is literally stamp collecting
Jimmie status - rustled.
Enjoy your (you).

>Physics is autistic and useless

But chemistry is a proper subset of physics.

Bio majors just have to take 2 semesters of ochem, that's hardly a lot of chem.

>I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, the post

>Not wanting to be as interdiceplined as possible like the greats of the 18th and 19th century
gahhyuk

Do all three, then you'll have the perfect balance

>physics

>/b/-tier meme from circa 2006

Chemistry is pretty fucking great but a great deal of the field is basically just physics. I mean physical chemistry is literally physics on the atomic/molecular level.

That being said, it is a great thing to be trained in. I knew a faculty member (physical chemist) at my school who decided to become a virologist about 10 years ago and was able to quickly contribute to the field as a result of his chemistry background. He claims that any hard science background is enough to start contributing across fields, so it may not just be chemistry.

No philosophy is

Sorry man, I know you're going to whip out your gay cringy xkcd comic but physics students get crushed in non-gen chem, don't think your gen chem experience is representative of anything. Not everything can be mindlessly plugged into an equation

>bio majors do an entire chemistry degree minus two math courses, plus all their other stuff

>all these biocucks
>probably not even biochemistry
>implying your knowledge of chemistry is comparable to that of a chemfag

Yeah, nah. The vast majority of the chemistry courses you guys take are ez pz lower-division courses. If you take any upper division chemistry courses, they're usually the pretty easy upper division courses (and typically only the first course in a set of two or three courses) or courses that would more appropriately be biochemistry courses. You don't even touch quantum chem.

Furthermore, you never even touch the more intensive upper division/graduate-level chemistry laboratories that make you actually implement the full breadth of your chemistry knowledge through laboratory experiments. You've never suffered through quarter after quarter of upper division synthetic chemistry or some bullshit physical chemistry lab while conducting independent research.

>inb4 "b-but muh aspirin synthesis, muh intro inorganic chemistry course"
>inb4 your school is so shit that your biology and chemistry programs are comparable and that's why you're saying stupid shit
>inb4 it's some european university or some shit where you need an MS to compare to a graduate of a respectably ranked undergraduate chemistry program in the US

This entire stupid debate started because some retard said that chem majors can easily learn biology, but not the other way around.

Even though bio majors are in the best position to get a chemistry degree because they have already done half of the course work for it in their degree. Nobody said a bio student will have the chemistry knowledge of a chemistry student, so cool down your hot head friendo.

Geneticists and ecologists kinda have to deal with stuff like this, but it's non-rigorous.

This
Also let me point out that whenever someone thinks of a scientist, the image they have in their head is automatically that of a chemist. This is because chemistry is the most aesthetically appealing scientific practice, it captures human curiosity better than your shitty ass cell cultures or fucking around with an oscilloscope.
That's not to say that other disciplines don't have aesthetically appealing aspects, but chemists are just generally the coolest (in addition to receiving the most versatile education, again contrary to what is implied by that gay xkcd meme)

Except that it is useless. Engineering is useful.

In Canada, a pure biology degree only requires general chemistry and an introductory biochemistry course.

I regret taking a bunch of stamp collecting courses. Continuing now with more chemistry.

Actually I think of physicist writing some complex formulas on a window.

blatantly false

>hey kids, we're gonna start our science show! First we're gonna start by solving this differential equation

>physical bio-organic/inorganic chemist here

You almost had me there user

Except they don't

I have dreams of being a chemist, but I am afraid that there isnt room for me

I want to discover something new but I know I wont

s-should I just take the Computer science degree

CS gives you autism user, don't do it.
Although chemistry seems to turn people into drunks or junkies so idk

At a lot of decent unis the lower div chem classes are as bad as if not worse than upper divs thanks to very tough grading. Biocucks get a separate easier chem series for lower div at UCLA and Berkeley

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermodynamic_square

read this
learn to use this
congratz you know now longer need to remember anything but this square

Doctors are not scientists but biomedical science is a thing, user.

Chemistry is not science. Only a book of hueristical recipes, each one different since chemistry does not seek fundamental laws, only bookkeeping.
Chemistry is just pre-paradigmatic physics.
Some day when physics Advances out of its current maxwellian dark age, chemistry will be brought to heal.

The fact that BIOLOGY is given the status of "science" can generate controversy, because it is quite difficult to classify as such (some consider it to be something within medicine), but, seeing it from a point of view Logical, is a science more than a philately, taking into account that it conjoined a set of knowledge obtained through observation and reasoning, systematically structured and from which general principles and laws are deduced to understand the living being a little better .

The fact that PHYSICS is "autistic and useless" .... lol

MEDICINE as such, along with ENGINEERING, are not a science, but rather a science application for a purpose.

>Only a book of hueristical recipes
literally what science should be

Chemists are the only people worthy of being called scientists

Considering most of chemistry is pages upon pages of names of certain things I'm surprised you arent labelles memory whores and the lab work is more or less like cooking recipes nothing a brainlet can't handle your fancy terms and symbols impress no one physics is and always has been the superior science in every single aspect

Get out of here with that shit, we specifically invented naming conventions so you wouldn't have to memorize names, just figure em out every time.

I'm not going to disparage physics because I'm not a child and physics is dope

You can solve the chemical compounds found in indian sweat while working in CS.

this thread was over before it began

This is true

Underrated post