I want to design and build Ships and more importantly, submarines

I want to design and build Ships and more importantly, submarines

what schooling will I need to do to accomplish this? Is it architecture? Is it engineering? what are the names?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_engineering
digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/robotic-sub-explores-underwater-for-six-months/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I want to dedicate my life to designing things that will be irrelevant in 10 years

great idea user

Why? Will the ocean dry out?

>doesn't know how to use google

you aren't gonna make it

isn't it obvious?
naval engineering
you're probaly too imature to decide the path you'll follow anyway and also it's just an illusion, even if you get into college you'll say nah thats not i dreamed of and then drop.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_engineering

even if you worked on a project that involves the building of a ship or submarine your task will be small and high specialized, i.e. designing the fins on the propeller. the only people that see the "bigger picture" are the engineering managers but they aren't as closely involved in the design as they are in overseeing it.

Speaking from experience I suppose?

so its easier than building airplane parts

>Is it architecture? Is it engineering? what are the names?
It's engineering, but it's known as "Naval Architecture" for some reason.

Please explain

i'll explain - that other poster is a retard.

obviously submarines will still be relevant, it's just that they'l be far more likely unmanned rather than manned in the future.

do engineering, get good at computing, too

>implying unmanned submarines aren't submarines

i didnt imply that at all you fucking kike

unmanned submarines are never going to happen because of the conducting properties properties of salt water and the resulting effect on radio transmission makes it virtually impossible

pick up a book on EM mate

pick up a book on not being fucking wrong, mate
digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/robotic-sub-explores-underwater-for-six-months/

>designing things that will be irrelevant in 10 years
good try retard.

but I'm not wrong you complete trog

that piece of shit can't receive commands (hence the autonomy) and is therefore useless in war. stop gagging on the cock of popular """science""" you bellend,

who the fuck said anything about war you stupid cunt?
i was thinking of a submarine to do deep-sea exploration, so no need to receive commands once it's programmed right.

and pop-sci is still sci,
so how about you get a bit more open minded and stop being such a useless faggot

you fucking said submarines would be obsolete you utter camel

the primary use of submarines is for war so you must be pretty fucking monged out to think their use would obsoleted by a battery operated, sea exploring shitbox.

Do mechanical engineering with a focus on fluids.

Marine Engineering you fucking brainlet.