Do you agree it's a problem there are almost no females studying STEM fields?

Do you agree it's a problem there are almost no females studying STEM fields?

How to make STEM more inclusive to women?

No, it's not a problem. We don't need diversity quotas for stem. If a man wants to do STEM, then good. He can enjoy his career and advance in his field. If he was replaced by a woman then...um...okay? What difference would it make?

Yes, it's a problem because it makes it harder for me to get a qt science gf.

No. I think people should do what they're interested in or else we are going to fuck up a naturally efficient process.

Its not exclusive in the first place. People study what they're interested in.

>more inclusive

how is STEM not inclusive to women?

STEM is autismally sitting in front of a computer or lab equipment by yourself for hours on end without talking to anyone.

women don't want to do that. even if it pays good.

It´s not a problem because it´s not true. Look up chemistry, biology, math and anything that isn´t engineering or CS.

From what I understand, women are in STEM. At least during their undergraduate careers. They just choose not to pursue graduate education in STEM at the same rate as their male counterparts.

Women are told from a young age that boys are just better at math and it discourages them from even attempting to pursue science or math
Source: my mother, sister, grandmother, both aunts, great aunt, cousin, gfs mother, her sisters, her mother sisters, her grandma, her aunts, her nieces and herself

Come on man. You knew what the replies were going to be before asking the question.

There are enough men in my field already but still they're trying to push women into it, and importing indians to do it as well.
The entire point is to drive down wages.

actually women in the first world are fed non stop propaganda telling them they are gods on earth

Due to it being generational, I have had this experience with my family too. I was also raised thinking that my maths was not very good, and never tried at it. I eventually did a physics degree.
I guess it's still pretty biological.

Sorry, I should clarify: my mother and her friends were in education before people were told they could be anything they wanted to be, so they never thought they were very smart. I am a male, and both me and my sister were raised with fixed mindsets (as opposed to growth mindsets) and thought we had a set ability at everything, therefore none of us were good at maths. Then I became a physicist, so while I can accept there can be a cultural element, I think there is still a strong biological component, and guys are predisposed to be interested in certain subjects while girls are interested in other subjects.

Why did you make me feel user?
There is 2-3 girls in my CS or engineering classes and they are asian
All I want is a qt mexican science gf but chicanas are stupid and probably studying liberal art majors

>Women are told from a young age that boys are just better at math
Where are you from? United States, Europe...?

/thread

All feminist end up shit over STEM jobs.

Here in Finland we're being told that girls are pretty much better at everything than boys, which the school system is a proof of. The girls are encouraged with all sorts of "X for girls" projects and get better grades for the same test score. Case in point: I got 9/10 on average from history exams and still got a 7 to my papers, while a girl who barely passed the exams (even failed a few times) got 8. I complained about this and was told it was for equality and encouragement and she needed it more anyway. If it were the other way round, I would've just been a loser.

There are more women in universities than men except in engineering (except chemical), which is apparently a problem because even though engineering is not as lucrative in Finland as it is elsewhere, it still accounts for a good number of jobs that pay more than average (the national median salary is 3500 euros per month, the average engineer gets 3900 euros per month, which is just PEANUTS SERIOUSLY MORE THAN A PRACTICAL NURSE???).

There being more women elsewhere in well paying jobs is not a problem though, since men just got to grow balls and stop performing badly in those areas. There are approximately 10-20% of men who become NEETs after primary education. The suicide rate of Finnish men is among the highest in the world.

Fucking privileged white males and patriarchy.

It's absolutely not a problem even though I'd still encourage any smart women to give STEM a shot. It'd be a shame to see intelligence go to waste.

>Here in Finland we're being told that girls are pretty much better at everything than boys
The average grades are slightly higher for girls than boys. Literally never have I ever seen it used as any kind of argument though. Also in elementary school behavior and participation during classes affects your grades heavily so you were probably a shitty brat like me and that's why you always got a lower grade than what your exams suggested. I find it hard to believe that a teacher would raise anyone's grade just because they needed "encouragement".

Honestly I find that my grades have always been extremely fair as in nobody being preferred over others. I don't agree with how they drop your math grade in elementary school just because you didn't do your homework but at least everyone who skipped classes and was generally misbehaving got fucked in the same way regardless of their gender (granted, no girl ever did things like that).

There is a decent amount of women in my uni, so no, we don't agree