Did anyone else drop STEM when you realised that brainlets were better than you at solving problems in a limited time...

Did anyone else drop STEM when you realised that brainlets were better than you at solving problems in a limited time frame setting but you could never do that because science really makes you think and you either understand a concept to its core or you drop it harder than a brick and the vastness of the topics combined with the small time period you need to complete the "syllabus" makes it virtually impossible to do so but this action has potentially destroyed your chances of getting into a good uni and in turn brutally raped your life to death?

or you're just a retard

if you cant cope with a 'limited time frame' then maybe you just haz the dumb

GTFO

Holy run on sentence batman

>getting into a good uni
Go to a community college and put in the work. Stop making excuses and pull yourself up by the bootstraps. Finishing a college degree is far more about will power and effort than innate intelligence. Dont fall for the low-self esteem meme.

I have that problem too. I was told not to be a perfectionist.

I guess I kinda felt like this my two first years, I got some pretty shitty grades, but then in my third year I started getting better and my fourth year I got mostly (european) As and got accepted to a phd program. I got here because I work hard and because I do my own thing rather than following the pack, not because of raw talent or muh IQ.

You need to be honest with yourself though, it's easy to think everyone but you are superficial.

Has it ever occurred to you that the "brainlets" have the same willingness to explore the subject deeply but will actually succeed at it since they can pass retard level introductory courses (undergrad)?

this.

Come on OP. Even though I kind of feel ya, if something isn't working you have to change it.

I wanted to try and UNDERSTAND calculus but that just made me fail hard. Some stuff you can't philosophize too much and just do it, then later on you can look back at why those things work the way they do. Practice beats skill when skill doesn't practice (or something like that).

If you want to get good at doing problems for anything really fast, do a lot of problems and time yourself. Your brain is like a muscle and what you think carries on over into how it thinks.

unless you have an awesome professor or a large amount of motivation and free time, you'll have to accept the time constraints as a part of university. a consequence of this is that sometimes you have to learn a topic superficially so you can do your homework and tests. you're free to look at the topic again at a later date to get a firm understanding of it

Ditto.

>brainlets have the same willingness to explore the subject deeply
No they don't.

Sounds like you were willing to take on what came intuitively and easily to you, but the second you were hit with something that didn't immediately click you determined to youself that you would never understand it.

Having not enough time to understand something is rarely a case of not being smart enough to learn it in time. The "hard work" that people keep talking about in STEM fields is when you sit and read a book for hours trying to understand something that you don't.

There are people in the world who work on theories for years trying to gain more understanding and insight into them. If you want your degree, you've got to put in the work to earn it.

>people are outperforming me
>they must be retards and the system must be unfairly geared toward them, leaving intelligently intelligent intellectuals like myself at a disadvantage

Sure they don't retard-kun.

Is it true that you are more likely to get into a choice university if you complete a community college degree?
How likely would I be to get into somewhere like an Ivy league school or its equivalent with an AS in mathematics from a community college?

Reminds me of a tactical-boot-wearing autist i knew who flunked out of all his classes sophomore year

He got fuckstarted by second semester electrical circuits, material like filters, AC analysis, two-port networks

Heard him at the end of the year talking to his friends in a computer lab
>this curriculum is designed for idiots to succeed
>i failed that class because i understand it too well. if i didn't really "get it", i would have done better

The mental gymnastics of the autist are truly a sight to behold.

>tfw to intelligent for uni

No John, you are the brainlets

Some Ivies, like Princeton, don't take transfer students.

Switch to math or physics, engineering doesn't cover anything in details.

>Community College
>Ivy League
Pick one

Well disguised
>tfw smart but lazy
7/10

Typing an entire paragraph in one sentence makes you sound like a 12 year old.

>tfw too intelligent to be intelligent

>brainlets were better than you at solving problems in a limited time frame

maybe if you were smarter you wouldn't struggle to solve those problems in a limited time frame.

Being proficient in the application of things like static equilibrium methods to solve for internal and external forces is not a plug and chug exercise.

Understanding the scope of the problem as well as the most direct way to the solution is largely what demonstrates mastery of that analytical method.

you're probably too slow for STEM

I can solve them in a limited time frame.But I don't do it.Why learn something in a half assed way to vomit on a stupid test.

Nice rationalizing, faggot.

Ever hear of "proof" [your work, your writing]? Edit and break down large sentences into shorter ones to "communicate." You sound stoned.