partners.nytimes.com/library/national/0526unabom-profile.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was pretty good

Wasn't he supposedly close to solving Fermat's Last Theorem before Wiles

or is that just a myth, i heard it once by someone

absolutely a myth

100% true.

It's what drove him insane

did anyone have him as a professor here?

In a way he is like a genius Elliot Rodgers. You can read about how his anger was caused largely by his lack of success with women, and how he felt they rejected him. He even sent a nasty threatening letter to one. Get your colleagues girlfriends before they start blowing people up.

didn't he also have a deep hatred for his brother or something?

His anger wasn't because of women. He set out on his crusade against modern society because he was hiking in the woods one day and found that some fucker had gone and built a road straight through his favorite bluff.

He was good. There are stories about how he was publishing papers in top journals (solving problems his advisers couldn't) while his classmates were busy working on their homework.

His advisers had no idea he was working on their problems independently. He wouldn't say a word, just pushed the papers on their desk once they were published. Only complaint the profs had was they wish he spoke to them so they could guide him if he were working on problems someone else was etc.

One of his advisers said he was the best he seen.

I don't agree with his message but he wrote a new book

amazon.com/Anti-Tech-Revolution-Theodore-John-Kaczynski/dp/1944228004

Its kind of fucked up, I'm going to be getting a graduate degree in engineering and I also think his critiques are probably correct.

>It's what drove him insane
what if he isn't insane? everything he wrote about in his manifesto is happening. AI is gonna destroy the world

shouldn't supreme intellectuals be above sexual concerns, or am i missing something?

I think he didn't mean that Elliot Rodger was a genius -- he meant that Ted was rather a genius version of Rodger.

found the Jew

I'm guessing the source for these anecdotes is your own fanfic

None of this shit is true or quoted anywhere

Even if his overall understanding of society and its future were right, he sure didn't choose effective tactics to achieve his desired end.

it's not. there are various bios and written letters out there. plus he won an ward and it's still on mich campus today.

so fuck off

It was actually the most effective way he could have gone about it. To this day people still read the manifesto in college (although probably not the right people to appreciate it).

>it's not. there are various bios and written letters out there.
So why don't you provide some links to the ones you're quoting

he didn't publish anything at all until he was working on his PhD in Michigan 2 years after he graduated Harvard. He wasn't publishing while his classmates were "doing homework"

>Even if his overall understanding of society and its future were right, he sure didn't choose effective tactics to achieve his desired end.
Maybe that was the best strategy? Attack people who are adding to existential risk.

It is a combination of courses. You are an annoying little prick.

Learn to fucking use google.

>google
>the only sources that come up are in direct contradiction to your fantasies about him publishing in undergrad and being some spooky good will hunting math ghost

The guy was brilliant enough as it is
He went to Harvard at 16 for fuck's sake
you don't need to make shit up for him

You fucking suck at googling & an annoying piece of shit

""Mathematics seemed to be the only thing he was interested in," said Professor Peter L. Duren, who taught one of Mr. Kaczynski's first-year courses. He said he was not aware of Mr. Kaczynski's having any social life, but did not regard that as unusual. "A lot of mathematicians are a little bit strange in one way or another," he said. "It goes with creativity."

Other professors also remembered him as a quiet loner, unusually dedicated to mathematics even by the standards of graduate students. He was meticulous, wrote with a draftsman's hand and provided more proofs than needed. He was one of the few students who regularly wore a jacket and tie to class.

And he stood out in other ways, too. While teachers at Harvard could not even remember Mr. Kaczynski, professors at Michigan were impressed.

"He did not make mistakes," said Professor George Piranian, who presided over a full-year course in advanced function theory in Mr. Kaczynski's second year. "He was very persistent in his work. If a problem was hard, he worked harder. He was easily the top student, or one of the top."

The professor was especially impressed with the young man's original research into the properties of functions in circles. "Another mathematician, a very competent man, had worked with me on that problem, and we got nowhere on it," he recalled. But Mr. Kaczynski solved it and submitted his solution to academic journals for publication without telling his professors or classmates.

When articles bearing his name as author began to appear in respected academic journals, professors and students in the mathematics department were amazed. "The faculty, I think, wasn't aware of this until he had published papers coming out in the journals," Professor Duren said.
"

"The professor was especially impressed with the young man's original research into the properties of functions in circles. "Another mathematician, a very competent man, had worked with me on that problem, and we got nowhere on it," he recalled. But Mr. Kaczynski solved it and submitted his solution to academic journals for publication without telling his professors or classmates.

When articles bearing his name as author began to appear in respected academic journals, professors and students in the mathematics department were amazed. "The faculty, I think, wasn't aware of this until he had published papers coming out in the journals," Professor Duren said.

David Kaczynski said there had always been a "covertness" in his brother's creative work. "It was something he did not talk about," David recalled.

Fellow students were awed. "While most of us were just trying to learn how to arrange logical statements into coherent arguments, Ted was quietly solving open problems and creating new mathematics," said Joel H. Shapiro, now a mathematics professor at Michigan State University. "It was as if he could write poetry while the rest of us were trying to learn grammar."

I think the reason he did what he did was that there really aren't any "effective strategies" available.

How on earth do you completely demolish modern society? It's really not possible to do anything, especially for one guy, and he demonstrates in his writings that he understands that. But he feels it needs to change so strongly that he can't accept that fact. So he turned to the absolute most desperate option possible out of despair.

>triggered spic copy pastes the entire wikipedia article because somebody questioned his wank

If you wanted to do that you could just back up your 3-4 statements with direct quotes instead of spamming pages of text like a monkey

Since you cannot use internet searches and since you cannot tell the fucking difference between two web sites compare:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

to

partners.nytimes.com/library/national/0526unabom-profile.html

why didn't he start his own foundation that went against the removal of freedom/individualism for the sake of industrial optimization? wouldn't it have held a larger stake than his bombings?