Does it depress anyone else that unless you're hawking level...

Does it depress anyone else that unless you're hawking level, any contributions you make to science will largely be insignificant.

I take it this is your first time on Veeky Forums.

>contributions
Wrong. You can contribute in multiple ways even if you are not mastermind. In fact, anything you do in """"science""" (what the fuck does that word mean outside the schooling system?) helps grand-master scientists like Hawking and others do their work.

Examples
1. Hawking is studying black holes. He needs 10 scientists to help him. Each of those scientists need 10 scientists to help them. Each of those need 10 laboratory-workers/technicians/programmers/whatever to help them. So just be someone in this value chain; help better minds achieve their goals.

2. Society has priorities of food over black holes. If lesser scientists didn't occupy these positions, Hawking could never study such abstract and useless concepts such as black holes; he would probably be employed in studying fuels or fertilizers.

That's exactly why anyone with IQ < 170 should kill himself

And what's your excuse for still living?

No, not at all. You are going to die either way. Just do a good job, make a good salary, and enjoy your life.

Is that the cellular pathways map? It looks kinda like the one on the wall in my molecular chemistry class from way back when.

>hurr durr what's "science?" lol

>proceeds to call Hawking a "scientist"

You're a special kind of retard.

I don't mind it would fantastic just to contribute.

Society is crashing and burning, or don't you read news. What has he ever done to feed the hungry, shelter the homeless? What practical use other than to amuse snobs did his theories ever have?

Are we reading the same news? All I see are a bunch of people crying about Trump and another group of people crying about "muh SJWs" who are supposedly going to destroy society. So basically the same bullshit that's been happening for the past 50 years or so in a different form.

>ignoring the tensions between pakistan and india
>ignoring algeria
>ignoring rampant effects of climate change
>tensions between US, Iran, China and Russia
>economy is set to crash before 2020
hurr durr

And why exactly would Hawking be concerned with any of this? He's safely locked away in his ivory tower.

I hope it has an elevator

>Hawking level
Hope you're joking, guy's literally a retard

lol no. Accidents bruh.

Naw. Science was never about the fame or money. And if that's what you're about, just master mathematics; cuz that's where the money is. Science should be about improving your life or all lives regardless of its price tag or the booty it pulls in.

>implying that better scientists didn't just realize they shouldn't waste their time studying bullshit like black holes

Yes. Very.

No, because I don't want to make any contributions to science.

>help better minds achieve their goals
i was thinking of becoming a janitor at fermilab just the other day