>your job

>your Veeky Forums related ambition

Teacher
I just want to read books

student
want happiness money.... what said

>27
>Researcher
>Finish Don Quixote, my Struggle and the Magical Labyrinth, plus finish my first novel, all withon the next year

What do you research?

Has anyone accepted your novel for publication?

NEET
NONE

>23
>jobs are for plebs
>noam chomsky 2.0

>22
>NEET
>Write poetry

>22
>student
>none, i might just an hero after graduating desu

Student
To loaf

Student
Read... Read and read and read and read and read

Mechanical engineer
Write a piece of epic poetry or really any poetry at all that doesn't come across as pretentious.

Homeless person
Write a series of occult texts

Production Assistant
Write and direct my own scripts

>26
>CS
>Just complete something written and legible.

Good luck sir.

I feel the exact same

>19

>Student

>I wanna write a novel one day, but i gotta read a lot more before i start.

>18
>student
>to get SUCC

>23
>STEM student
>Be a pro wrestler

NEET
Write good song lyrics

Editor
get short stories published

>22
>Just quit finance career after month to work part time at used bookstore
>I want to become a rental landlord, make music, and read more. I hate 90% of people in the US and they deserve to live like cattle, I want to move to Europe, rural New England or South America some day.

I'm reading Platform right now.

Where do you live?

Okay Hemingway, maybe an hero after that or before.

>23
>law student
>long term: publish more of my stories until I have enough to form a respectable collection.
>short term: finish this fucking pagan-christian short story that I have been working on for way too fucking long, is almost definitely un-publishable, and yet has been eating up my productivity like a black hole.

>31
>sous chef
>i just want to finish a some stories and my sprawling comic novel about my ineffectual generation, the pop culture wasteland, and the ecological apocalypse (yes, it's shitty, but i have no intentions if getting it published or showing it or the stories to anybody anyway)

spending ~70 hours a week in the kitchen and the subsequent exhaustion really hinders getting any writing down

>40
>elevator technician (liftkun)
>continue pushing new space opera books to market every 3 months through 2018, 1 and 2 are already out.

Btw, anybody else catch that new episode of The Walking Dead? It reminds me of The Goonies for some reason.

>21

>Studying journalism

>Write some good shit, then eventually begin to write fiction

>22
>linguistics and english language student
>finish/post a poembook, or do something. create.

Some shit show

Get anything published.

I worked in a kitchen recently. It's impossible to do both. Too tired all the time.

Warehouse labour

Study classic lit in university, but 2poor and shit grades. Was looking into joining the chair force so that they could enlist me in a Veeky Forums degree program but Idk if I could just pick my courses however I wanted, or if the RMC has a program that I would like. Will probably just an hero because I've been fantasizing about this since high school

welfare
long term: write a couple of great novels
short term: get some of my better short stories published

I live in Northern MA right now with my parents lol. I probably won't move anywhere far away honestly, but I lived in Chile for 6 months and liked it.
J
U
S
T

Warehouse Guy
Finish the Frank Herbert Dune series then pick up The Naked Communist again.

where did u stay? [chilean here]

Vina del mar

nice. any plans on coming back?

>19
>NEET
>finish all of Chesterton then kms

Why are you still making this thread, OP?

>22
>I make pizzas at Whole Foods
>to read a lot of books and eventually write my own. it'd be neat if I could make money off of them but I'm already a mega-Jew with my finances so I have nothing to worry about.

Is this really what you want to become?

thank you for understanding this. a lot of young artsy people just shit out something terrible because they think their ideas are strong enough.

>22
>Bartender/Reservist/Student
>Finish writing a few more books. Read a lot more.
I'm actually doing really well when it comes to my lit goals.

people

i was looking to get into finance when i gradueate (physics/math major). is it really that bad? What was your undergrad? Where did you work?

Just tell me anything you're willing to

>24
>Navy
>Read more, write more, get published

>25
>medical sales
>actually finish my novella on 19-th century Mormonism

>23
>Math teacher
>Write poetry I wouldn't be embarrassed to share with other people.

>20
>student, barista
>either enlist and travel, meet musical girl on duty, fall in love, struggle to find her after my tour ends or abandon all tethers and just stay where the wind stills, 'adopt' ten or so orphans who don't necessarily live with us but we offer home and comfort and structure all the same, i eventually publish a series of religious/political manifestos that garner a worldwide cult following and my wife and I travel, volunteering in public works, composing music and writing words, maybe rejoin an institution, perhaps pursue an educational route, eventually wife and I watch our children succeed and alter the paradigms (any, all), and disappear into the wilderness to either live in the beginning or to the end

I hate you so much

>28
>I work in the warehouse of a major electronics retailer
>I want to read

IT support
write and publish metafictional novel and collected short stories

consultant
write and direct a movie

How is consulting? I've been thinking of switching from tech to consulting for various reasons. I am a data scientist if that makes any difference.

why would you want to switch? it's probably easier than your job, less in demand, equally boring. depends what you're looking for. requires a degree of not-having-autism i don't see in many data scientists.

in response to second one

Student
Write comic books, maybe some YA fiction

Training to become a sommelier, but may enlist.
Travel throughout the most dangerous places in the world and write a highly entertaining, poetic memoir of my experiences.

Gardening
Write a bunch of stupid pop songs and read books

Translator
Finish my fantasy world, write some horror stories, write a memoir/travel book on my travels in europe

Student
Writing stories

For one, I'm sick of all the nerds in tech. This ties in with my second point, that I want a more professional job, in a more serious industry. I don't like the 'tech culture' of everything being super laid back and so much frivolous expenses (eg: we have a barista come in for a day once a week). But most of all I want more interesting problems. Problems that are more mathand less coding.

Consulting is attractive because you get a variety of experience working with different companies in different industries. Therefore, when you decide to move on, you have a better idea of where you want to work. Plus, most companies that hire a consulting firm have a lot of data. More data usually means cleaner, more well-handled data, and thus more time to focus on using mathematics to study it and less time doing basic shit.

I actually tried to get a job in consulting after my undergrad but barely got anywhere.

>18
>Law Student
>To publish at least one novel at some stage in my life

>21
>finishing undergraduate education, beginning medical school in August
>write a series of high-selling YA novels in between December and August to generate fat stacks of money I can use to avoid going into debt for medical school

Any ideas Veeky Forums?

>27
>test grader, TA, proofreader
>finish a lit PhD and teach lit, finish some translations and have them published, get an academic book or two published, try to keep a 2:1 conference:publication ratio, have a full-room library with a collection of art/items

i hate the tech shit too. unfortunately, everyone everywhere is trying to mimic it. hopefully the meme dies soon. also, you might think you like or dont mind travelling for work, but i hate it. after about two trips the novelty wears off and you feel like an extreme wage slave. i stave off massive depression by writing in all my free time and hoping i wont have to do this my whole life or my dad will get rich enough i can just say fuck it. consulting might be good if youre ambitious, i completely skipped that part of life unfortunately and now do the absolute bare minimum with no satisfaction or buy-in.

neet
suicide

god that is a sad dream

So nothing.

They're only the Veeky Forums-related ones; I have others besides too. Things like building the house I designed, publishing a typeface, having a small farm of mini-animals, visiting a few certain illuminated manuscripts, etc. Plus family-related stuff.

Maybe not as ambitious as I could be, but they're comfortable and relatively attainable.

>Step 1
Develop progeria
>Step 2
Bang a YA writer with daddy issues (see all)
>Step 3
Steal her work and kill her.

If you accomplish step 1, I will be impressed.

>22
>Literary translator
>implying

I'll do my best on step 1.

Public Information Officer
Just to keep on reading, even if it is very slowly.

Superintendent of construction
I just enjoy reading.

CS student

Probably write some scifi in a HFY vein.

what did you expect cunt that I want to write something that will rival crime and punishment?

Software developer

I just want to write a fiction novel and see it in Barnes and Noble desu

How are you a NEET at this age?

Tell me your secrets.

Fuck wagecucking tbqh

Kek

CS student (Regrettably)
Read more books, and to stop being a retard

Not him but welfare/autismbux if you're in the right country.

Work hard, don't spend money on shit and then coast for a year. I have a gf and pay rent and bills in a comfy flat and all I ever buy is food or books, or trip abroad to her parents in Cz Republic once or twice a year.

t. wagecuck

>nothing

Editor
Get a good literary agent for the book I recently finished. The last book I wrote got denied so many times I gave up on it and wrote this one. It's been finished for more than a year, and I still haven't sent one query letter.

ski liftie (taking year off after college)

increase written and spoken word. debating skills. work on my film analysis. finish the short story i've been putting off all month and maybe write some more short stories.

>How are you a NEET at this age
>by being a wagecuck

>ski liftie (taking year off after college)
i wish i had done this
work the slopes in the winter, vagabond national parks through the summer, maybe have enough money to go out of the country somewhere.

i went straight through to grad school and now i dont think ill ever get a chance to take a year off without ruining my career

Read 4 hour work week by Timothy ferriss

Well, you don't need to read the whole thing, but there's a great bit about how to read fast, how specfically to train yourself.
ie he talks about not starting at the beginning of a line nor getting to end, but using your periferal vision to subconsciously pick up the information.

I unfortunately have shitty vision so do all my reading by audiobook (which can be painfully slow depending on the reader), but it all seemed very sound and I suggest at least investigating his method

>26
>mortician
>become a renaissance man

student
currently: finish Robert Frost
In General: Fuck do I know

>>mortician
I thought about going into that, but things didn't work out that way. How is it?

Student
To write the next Great American Novel, become famous, and get to write a bunch of pet-project books. Maybe become a historian afterwards, whatever.

>how is it?
The answer to that varies wildly from person to person.

Great hours, eh pay, left alone to work so can listen to whatever music or audiobooks you like all day, don't have to deal with families at all. It's really how you personally feel about the actual task itself that is the deciding factor.

Late 20s

Librarian

To be published in a decent history journal

that is Veeky Forums as fuck

>don't have to deal with families at all
Fuck. Kinda wish I had gone into it.

Food Worker
Be able to write decently and coherently. Also buy books

Insurance

I just bought a dying/dead newspaper, I'm going to change its publication schedule, turn it into a magazine, and become the next Ben Franklin/Mark Twain. Or I become a laughing stock. Probably the latter. Wish me luck.