Is there a black hole in the core of the earth?

Is there a black hole in the core of the earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/53627-hawking-proposes-mini-black-hole-power-source.html
bbc.com/earth/story/20150814-what-is-at-the-centre-of-earth
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No you stupid idiot.

Maybe. Think about it.. we haven't seen the core of the Earth and you can't see inside black holes. So it's kind of obvious that it's probably a black hole. It's not 100% certain, but it's pretty close.

how do you know?

Not likely. Of course it's up for debate because we haven't directly observed it but we haven't observed most things. It doesn't behave in a way that we would expect a black hole to.

A black hole has enough gravity to trap light, which is hard to do, and give is the name.

If there were one, it'd consume the Earth and probably the solar system.

I remember you from /x/...

Are you fucking kidding me?

>question everything except what your professor tell you

I know! You shouldn't even have to ask the question. It's fucking obvious there's a black hole in the center of Earth.

Googled micro black holes, came across this -
livescience.com/53627-hawking-proposes-mini-black-hole-power-source.html

>we haven't seen

Have you ever seen your brain?

Ya'll niggas don't even geology how do you expect to understand what's at the core?
bbc.com/earth/story/20150814-what-is-at-the-centre-of-earth

erth is flat

actually it's hollow

actually it is a simulation of a hollow flat surface

technically concave hollow

Technically 2d recrangle with water falling off the sides.

Stop trying to illicit a response from the autistic Veeky Forums crowd.

>We haven't actually visited even 1/100000000[...] of the universe, therefore you're a faggot.

not enough pressure to form a black hole.

p waves travel through the core. If there was a black hole there, p waves would not travel through it.

The equation for the farce of gravity is F = GMm/r^2

So if you are at the center of the earth, r=0 so F = infinity. Black holes have infinity gravity, so the center of the earth is, by definition, a black hole or at least a wormhole

This. Case closed.

Are you replying to yourself? Because nobody here buys that.

>every point mass has an infinite force pulling in the 0th dimension
>every point mass is also a point mass in the 0th dimension
wow such a useful statement

no, there's a nuclear reactor keeping us warm.

there is ...

It is certainly not a black hole. Tidal forces from a black hole of that density would probably be sucking in the sun, never mind the Earth. Which is, you know, not being tidally imploded into a black hole...

This is funny. But easily disproved. Not easy in the engineering/practical sense, but rather in the theoretical sense.

What you describe is negative curvature (open geometry), whereas the earth has positive curvature (closed geometry).

To determine the curvature, you could build two perfectly straight roads starting at any two points on the earth, and at two separate points, they would intersect.

If this picture is correct, then you could build two separate roads that intersect only once, or not at all.

Of course, there is the glaring stupidity of the idea that the curvature parameter of the earth is nearly large enough to encompass the resolution and detail we observe in the universe. Your idea would require atoms to be the size of galaxies, yet we can't physically probe anywhere close to the internal structure of atoms sitting right before us that we see in distant galaxies.

Also, all of general relativity, cosmology and common sense disagree.

I know you are likely trolling, but I posted this just in case anyone was genuinely retarded enough to believe that.

black holes dont exist

lrn2 general relativity. That equation for gravity is a simplification (called the Newtonian limit) of the far more general case of general relativity (notice how it's called "general" relativity?).

OP has no brain. Proof by shitposting. QED.

Division by 0 does not result in infinity.

I kek'd

Yes, and the entire Universe is a black hole

It is flat.
But it also spins.
Like a spinning coin it looks round.

No, if there were then lava would come out of the ground completely black because all the light would be sucked from it before it reaches the surface.

dark matter is made of black holes and inside earth is dark and made of matter so yes of course

>it'd consume the Earth and probably the solar system.
The earth yes (if it's not a micro one), but it wouldn't even absorb the moon.
It would orbit the same way Earth does, gravitationally it wouldn't make any difference for the rest of the solar system.

So if in the center of your skull is an of african descent hole, then how can things go in one ear and out the other?
Jenga, arsonists!!

Better to call them black suns! They're merely compressed suns whose gravity slows down, stops and reverses escaping photons.

All objects are suns to "some" degree. All matter is based on hydrogen so all matter is composed of hydrogen. Hence the earth is a teeny sun.

Yes, that's the explanation for gravity, the government just doesn't want us to freak out over having a black hole so close to us.

Thank you OP. This thread has actually gone and inspired me whilst blowing my mind.

For the pure concept of one day us being able to create a god damned super structure to harness black holes. We shall harness the universe eventually. With that we must learn to eventually control them. If only to protect us from them in some future event

What if galaxies are the atoms to a much more complex system? What if our entire universe is just 'God's' (Or whatever you want to name the concept whatever sort of being that would be)

>slows down light
No.

The core is the Earth is a fusion reaction
prove me wrong
you can't fagets

hah, core

listen,

it's turtles kid. turtles all the way down.

Dig down and find out fucking retard