>tfw you just got accepted to an MD school in the US

my superiority complex is finally validated

Other urls found in this thread:

princetonreview.com/med-school-advice/usmle
aamc.org/data/facts/applicantmatriculant/
aamc.org/download/321516/data/factstablea24-3.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is it a top program in the states?

Going through any of the institutions at any level at this point is pure cuckholdry

Top is quite subjective for US med schools, but most people would not place it on a top 20 list

12,000 people applied for 100 spots tho here, so it's pretty dam competitive

>12,000 people applied for 100 spots tho here

Anyone can apply to med school. This doesn't really say much. Usually a decent MCAT, shadowing, and above 3.5 will get you into a med program in the states. Prestigious programs have incredibly more rigorous requirements.

>Usually a decent MCAT, shadowing, and above 3.5 will get you into a med program in the states.

Literally pure delusion.

Congrats!

Better start prepping for USMLE. Don't throw away your notes from undergrad.

princetonreview.com/med-school-advice/usmle

Holy shit. How many tests does someone need to pass to become an MD?

Fuck

Hardest part is getting in
But a shit ton of tests during med school too

Data supports it:

aamc.org/data/facts/applicantmatriculant/

What did you get on your MCAT? I'm taking mine April 22 and I'm losing my shit.

In my country, brainlets and 2nd tier love to do med because they know nothing else except "muh parents say I need to get into med school" while 1st and god tier know what they want to do since early age and choose to do science or start businesses.

520 with perfect breakdown

lol data shows that avg matriculant GPA is 3.71 and MCAT is 509

Discount the HBCUs and easy states (Arkansas, Oklahoma, etc.) and it goes up to 3.8, 511

Look at my claim and look at the data. You're trying to build a strawman. I'm not going to revoke my claim and it's supported.

I'm not stating people with 2.0's and felonies are getting into med school. So I don't understand your disbelief.

and all it took was 200k + whatever undergrad cost you.

>Usually a decent MCAT, shadowing, and above 3.5 will get you into a med program in the states.

This is still factually inaccurate. Applicants with a 3.5 and a 90th percentile MCAT still have less than a 50% chance of getting into any MD school at all.

20k for living expenses, i had scholarships fully covering tuition

>Applicants with a 3.5 and a 90th percentile MCAT still have less than a 50% chance of getting into any MD school at all.

So you can support the claim that given those benchmarks, less than 50% of THOSE students are not accepted to an MD school? Understand your claim, showing acceptance rates relative to ALL applicants isn't going to support that claim.

That's not impressive. Try getting into a Canadian med school.

3.94 average GPA for people who got into McMaster.

noice

Lol, it's well documented that Canadian GPAs are inflated

More than 50% of the students in that category are not accepted to an MD school, yes.
aamc.org/download/321516/data/factstablea24-3.pdf

>MCAT and GPA Grid for Asian Applicants and Acceptees to U.S. Medical Schools, 2013-2014 through 2015-2016 (Aggregated)
>Asian Applicants

First off, the chart doesn't support your claim. Second, it's strictly for Asian applicants. Please just get the fuck off of Veeky Forums. I know you looked desperately for anything to fit your narrative and still failed. If this is how you attack problems, you're in for a world of hurt.

proof

sure they are kid

Wait until you finish. You can easily wash out of the program. grats though

what classes did you take?

so you wanna
save lives?
make money?
or brag on Veeky Forums?

People have superiority complexes for going to med school? seriously?

Yes because getting into a good med school means you got better grades than most other people and you will make more money than them. Why wouldn't you feel superior?

I'm a med student and all med students are retards. Me included.

Because actual worth has nothing to do with money?

>he didn't start with the Greeks

How hard is it for a med student from a third world country to pass in the USMLE? asking for a friend

Congratulations. Hopefully I'll be on your position in a few years.

>superiority complex
Getting in will destroy my inferiority complex.

Yes it does. You're in the US, right? Getting into med school means you're better than at least 90 percent of the US population.

Only poorfags think money doesn't define worth. If we go with your knowledge, some homeless dude would be worth more than a CEO because "he's nicer".

And if you get your "piece of paper" you will believe 100% in all the new bs, never remembering all the science that has been shown to be likely false. Note I did not say "proven wrong" as anyone intelligent and open-minded would see that likely it's only at the end of eternity could anything be said with certainty. We need more science types to have common sense and maybe you'd all invent something social rather than toys and buttons for pavlov's dogs to push.

Who cares? He'll be making significantly more than the average american and vastly more than the average human.

He'll also be better than them as well.

>Getting into med school means you're better than at least 90 percent of the US population.
Yeah, better at getting into med school.
>Only poorfags think money doesn't define worth.
This is false. Many rich people realize that the moral worth of a person has nothing to do with money.

> If we go with your knowledge, some homeless dude would be worth more than a CEO because "he's nicer".

If the CEO is unethical and cheats on his wife or defrauds people while the homeless man is just homeless, then yeah, the homeless guy is worth more.

Look, I understand that success can feel good, but acting haughty just alienates others and prevents you from growing as a person. If you want to take your excellence to the next level, you need to lose the ego.

Not him, but I think you are right on most of your points. Intuitively they are sound to me.

But I believe it will be impossible to convince that user.

Whether what hes saying is correct or not. Some men never realize they are addicted and some who do find it the hardest to part ways from their addictions. Either way, same thing applies to the way we approach things (as to explain them or make sense of them). So there's good approaches and bad approaches.

I am unable to say whats a good approach. But a bad approach must be what we call a vice, and those who become slaves of them are nothing more than addicts.

It is a great task to try to convince those who are addicted that they are wrong. Perhaps one will be wasting his time.

what do you want a fucking medal or something?

congrats tho

>accumulating 300k student debt just to work 32/16 shifts at a hospital being treated like shit when you could have just studied CS and got that ez 300k starting

fucking top zozzle

there is no med bubble since med schools control and purposely limit the supply, meanwhile we're in a second dot com bubble.

I don't know much about the Greeks but I do know that some of the best philosophers were rich as fuck. which is why they had time to sit around thinking about everything. More money is generally better than less money.

Med better of CS on long running, unless you become business people o consultor.

I chose not to go to med school, because most people retiring from being a doctor regret it and die 10 years younger.

You can make bank with just a specialized masters degree or a different medical field.

>tfw 1 of 10 specialized intern positions for this summer making 9k/mo

doesn't the validation feel good op

Even the richest philosophers, such as Seneca (possibly one of the richest philosophers of all time, if you adjust for inflation) realized that wealth does not have anything to do with worth.

I think that's a different argument (though, I'm not the guy who wrote the original comment).

The point is that six-figure debt is typically undertaken to go to med school, and med school + residency takes at least 7 - 8, easily 10+, years. So, bubble or not, the time and financial costs of training are what they are.

>M.D.

>Science

you're an overpaid glorified mechanic, that troubleshoots people.

gratz

Nah tons of MDs publish

What was your studying like for it?