What is Veeky Forums's opinion on Nicotine?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on Nicotine?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#Adverse_effects
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4151954/Does-explain-schizophrenics-smoke.html
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3799977/How-NICOTINE-help-prevent-obesity-dementia-Drug-reduces-appetite-slows-brain-s-ageing.html
livescience.com/1821-volume-knob-brain.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It promotes memory.

other than being extremely physically addictive.

no.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#Adverse_effects

With a quick google search I have found Nicotine is actually good for you:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4151954/Does-explain-schizophrenics-smoke.html

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3799977/How-NICOTINE-help-prevent-obesity-dementia-Drug-reduces-appetite-slows-brain-s-ageing.html

livescience.com/1821-volume-knob-brain.html

The neurotransmitter is acetylcholine, why smokers rarely get Alzheimer's.
www.google.com/search?q=acetylcholine+alzheimer's

Nicotine might not be that bad. But inhaling burnt plant matter (and the load of other shit that is put into cigarettes) certainly is that bad.

The problem is inhaling fumes from burning plants, not the nicotine
If only there was an easier way to consume it.

Tinctures?

2addictive4me

>gum
>stickers
>chewing
>snuff
>vape
yeah

>dailymail

smokeing = shit
use nicotine gum or patches

on wiki it claims it increases cognetive abilities

It's not really harmful unless you're a fetus or baby-child.

>on wiki it claims it increases cognetive abilities
Because it's a stimulate

i stopped ciggies for a month or so and started studying hard until yesterday when i realized that i haven't memorized absolutely anything

bought a pack today, i already feel 'sharper', i'm not even baiting

either it definitely helps or my brain was dependent on nicotine to actually function, probably both

>snus

I'm a neuroscientist in the US and know a couple academic scientists who snus a lot as you can just keep it in while doing labwork.

My PI said one of his colleagues when he was a postdoc would always smoke with a hand outside the window (this was before all the second hand smoke laws)

Bad for your heart like all stims, only as risky as caffeine standalone. Only addictive when combined with an Maoi like those occurring naturally in tobacco.

Nicotine withdraw and the nicotine buzz you got

Any potential benefits of nicotine are far outweighed by the negatives....

Apart from being highly addictive, nicotine itself isn't really that bad. The main health hazards of smoking are the inhalation of burnt, cured plant matter and the shitload of toxins and carcinogens that most cigarettes have.

Best option is nicotine patches or gums. If you want/have to smoke, grow and cure your own tobacco and cure it yourself (or find a local provider who does) and use a pipe.

You conflate smoking and nicotine. And even smoking is overstated considering Greece and Japan have outsized smoking rates to their longevity.

Is it possible for 3-dimensional beings that exist within an n-dimensional universe (n>4) to build 4-dimensional objects?

Assuming the existence of non-baryonic matter, and matter with negative or imaginary mass. What i'm vaguely picturing is folding the 3-d space and combining 3-d objects in a certain direction through the 4th dimension. When I mention dimension, I am excluding time.

It's only good if it's not in a tar based substance
Otherwise it's a good drug

β€˜β€™In dependent smokers, smoking during withdrawal returns cognitive abilities to pre-withdrawal levels, but chronic use may not offer cognitive benefits over not smoking.[19][75]’’
basically dont its degenerate and it promotes cancer in vitro, its quite a loss on all levels

nicotine is anti-estrogenic

>studies linking oral/pharyngeal cancer rates are linked to smokeless tobacco exist
>studies also show no correlation, such as the studies in Swedish snus showing similar cancer rates of its selected non-users and the rates of its snus users

I also read studies showing a decrease in cognitive brain disorders like dementia if they consumed a regular amount of dark chocolate.
I think the study was sponsored by Hershey's though

It's logically not possible for those in lower dimensions to even begin to understand how extradimensional objects might be "shaped" because all we can see of them are their projections in space.

To be fair, snus isn't great for your gums. It's better than smoking overall but it's still bad for you.

A great product to sell to developing nations, that have pro-enterprise marketing laws.

It was used as a pesticide at one point.

I read that an overdose on nicotine is a euphoric way to die.