Explain, please

Explain, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Why-does-the-Google-calculator-have-precision-only-up-to-15-decimal-places
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1 = 0.999...

ieee754

People still think that strong AI will ever exist.

Not correct.
0.999... + 0.000...1 = 1

not sure if bait

>1/3 = 0.3333....
>3/3 = 0.9999.... = 1

Not correct.

3/3 = 1 = 3/3 = 1
0.333... = 0.333... = 0.333... = 0.111... + 0.111... + 0.111...
0.999... = 0.333... + 0.333... + 0.333...
0.999 + 0.001 = 1

Also for any practical purposes
1 =/= 1.0
1.0 =/= 1.00
1.00 =/= 1.00...
1.00... = 1.00...

Also, 0.0000....01 cannot exist since you can always add another 0, it is part of an uncountably infinite set of real numbers between 0 and 1. Even if you assigned a zero for every natural number before the 1, you still wouldn't have enough 0s.

>0.00... - 0.0 = ._0...

Are you baiting? Surely you can see how retarded your reasoning is?

Not correct.

0.000...1 has infinite number of zeroes ending in number one.

You can also write things like
>0,000...1...1...1...1.
But you have to specify what expression "..." is repeating infinitely. The number I listed means "0,000-infinite number of zeros-number one-infinite number of zeros and so on, ending with one.

Apply yourself next time.

Shut up faggot. Everything is correct. I won't answer to you again.

Not correct.

0.000... - 0.0 is 0.0 (in practical use, in mathematics its just 0).

>0.000... - 0.0 is 0.0 (in practical use, in mathematics its just 0).

Then what is 1.0 - 1.0...? You've already said they're not equal, so the result can't be 0.0

>here we see a finiteist being a retard in his natural habitat

In an infinite row of zeroes where do you end it and put the one? If you can end it, there is an uncountably infinite number of zeroes before the 1, and so it is equal to 1/infinity and hence equals 0.

3/3 = 0.999... + 0.000....01 = 1 + 0 = 1

The catch is that it can't 'end'

Because in mathematics
0 = 0.0 = 0.00 = 0.000 = 0.000...
1 = 1.0 = 1.00 = 1.000 = 1.000...

But in engineering
1.0 means 1.0 +- 0.1 if you don't specify any uncertainty.
1.00 means 1.00 +- 0.01.

But yeah in mathematics
1 = 1.0 = 1.00 = 1.000 = 1.000...

Do you have problem with understanding language?

I have a string of numbers that is: infinite row of zeros, then a one, then infinite row of zeros, and then one.

The expression is valid. Maybe it doesn't have any practical function, but that doesn't limit our imagination. It is very easy for me to imagine that object. "Infinite zeroes, a one, infinite zeroes, a one." Easy. I see it right now in my head.

For example.
There are infinite number of prime numbers.
There are infinite number of natural numbers.
Still we can say there are less primes than natural numbers. Still we can imagine those primes being somewhere in those infinite sequences, appearing less and less often.

Mathematics regarding infinity is pretty easy. Assuming you are not a brainlet.

You don't have to make any more new definitions. There is already a definition for 'infinity' and yours is poor, not understood, not unanimous, and shit. The definition is:

A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number

Please don't give me your analysis on that. The definition is fine. Yours is shit.

Why is this 2 showing up?

I don't know what those symbols mean

Why is part of the numbers in curls ( )?

And what is the long line that has numbers over and under it?

Arithmetic is so boring. Just writing some numbers and then writing some arbitrary symbols that you just have to remember. Counting is so dumb activity.

The number of primes, odd numbers, numbers ending in 62, all natural numbers is the same, countable infinity. Tbe number of reals is literally bigger, and can be proved by diagonalisation.

Get off your high horse and look into it instead of bitching.

>>Infinite number of 0s
>>Ending with 1
>>Ending
What is infinity?

Noob here... is this just some kind of float error?

I doubt that it calculates it the same way a singular computer would calculate it.

It probably calculates it in a distributed fashion, which would suggest that Google has some sort of proprietary rounding convention for efficiency, convenience, readability, etc.

quora.com/Why-does-the-Google-calculator-have-precision-only-up-to-15-decimal-places

Wrong.

Wrong.

Correct. It's a computer error. Computers don't need to know math as well as humans.

>Explain, please.

JavaScript uses 16-bit float for arithmetic and thus is a bit shit at precision.

Google Calculator does a bit of cleaning up of the result, but can't hide the fact that the language was only ever meant to handle positing things on the screen.

Ew... You are right... It does happen on the client side.

I guess that makes sense, but I don't know how I feel about a JavaScript calculator.

>You are wrong but I won't say why!

this t.b.h. senpai.

>0.000...1
L0Lno

>infinite number of zeroes ending
L0Lno fgt pls
Lrn2infinite
Protip: it means "unending"

>0.000...1
this gave me cancer

Wrong all 3.

I'm correct, just read my posts to learn the mathematical truth. Ignore shitposters.

>infinitesimals
>existing in any meaningful fashion

I know you can do a lot of fancy math tricks to prove that .999... = 1

but just sit back for a sec and use common sense, if you let the nines go on and on forever and ever, you know for a fact that it will never ever reach 1

Computer work really fast, but they spit out nonsense answers. They are IMPERFECT answers.
Since there is no absolute measureable distance in Reality, it is illogical to work with "implied" perfect answers.