Drinking metaphors

Whats the best metaphor/simile you can come up with about someone who drinks a lot?

>He drank like he was dying of thirst at every moment.
>He drank more than all the rain in winter.

Give me your best Veeky Forums, I want to be convinced this board is full of talent!

really solid first one, he drank like he was really thirsty--what more do you need?

he drank like the antidote was in it.. which, in a way, it was.

He drank like he had a cup in his hand filled with liquid that he really wanted to drink.

He drank like he was addicted to alcohol.

this sounds really familiar, is it from something?

He drank until he drank some more.

he smelled like what he drank

He drank like he forgot everything;his life,his troubles and enjoyed every moment of estacy

He drank like a toothless old whore who was the only woman you ever had and who held your embarassing little cock like a bottle of liquor and swallowed your semen and fucking choked on it and whose face turned blue and who died with your cock in her mouth.
Help drank like your stepfathet used to, the one who beat you up every day after school, the one who fucked you up the ass one night in August, the one who made you the sick pathetic fuck you are today.

upvote

He drank like it was okay to be dank in public. He drank like a swelling in his neck needed to be accommodated. Liquid phased out of being when he wanted it. He drank as if to fill his emptiness that was himself. He drank like there was no more blood hounding him for his duties. He drank like he had friends, who cheered him on once but who were all dead now. He drank like he had honor he never had. He drank so that he could shrivel inward into this other corpse that he dreamed of wasting in forever. He drank like it was his job to drink all the leftover beers at the comedy club. He drank like he stank: he stank good, very good.

The drunk was drinking until he was drunk.

>He drank like OP's mom when she came to terms with the walking, talking embarrassment that her stanky-ass pussy wrought upon the world

Shoveling the remains of his drink down his throat, his mouth clamped shut, shuddering as the ice desolved with the last bit of taste.

He drank like a sad man in a happy hour, like an ocean doth a river, yes, indeed he did, drink like a fraught child wrangling at the teet of le goddess of vine, like a gutter suckling down salty rain, he held his chalice toward the heavens and prayed, I reckon, frankly, he drank like there was no today, he drank like he was the distilled, returning himself unto his truest form, was he seeking purity, was he corrupted, and seeking corruption more, of a wetter kind, did he want his spirit drenched, soaked in the divine oils of the calmed nerve, or the rambunctious howls of the prowled wolf, he drank, his friends said he drank like a champ, the legends say he drank like a legend, his wife said he drank like an asshole, an asshole... sucking up the soupy poop?

I hope that was ironic

He felt the sting of the liquor passing his throat, as natural to him as a sunrise and far more frequent in its passing.

He drank as if Ganesha, the elephant-headed Hindu deity, has stuck his mystic trunk deep into his mortal bowels and was siphoning the world's liquor through his frayed intestines and into the god's unquenchable gullet with the force of seventy-four hurricanes.

He drank as if he were already engulfed in the devil's fire.

he drank like he drowned in a waterfall

The good ones

>shoveling
>liquid

Poor word choice t b h. It ruins the whole sentence.

What word do you think would work better ? I agree that the metaphor is pretty good but 'shoveling' seems misplaced

Only good one ITT desu.

guzzling
draining
chugging
slurping

He drank like a motherfucker
He drank like the scotch was called Mariana's
He drank as a whale breathes

He drank as I'm brilliant

he drank like an irish uncle tom

That's metonymy, not metaphor.

He drank like he was afraid he was missing out.
He drank because of tomorrow.

A metaphor is communicating one idea in terms of another. Metonymy is a type of metaphor.

He drank as if he got it just far enough down his throat he would get it to finish, so that it would finally be over.

he was like a swollen, bursting wineskin as he sat there inflated with drink.

he drank hard: two-fisted white knuckled elbows akimbo with both hands on the jug. it was like he was tring to drown something inside him. drown or poison or pickle some thing that he feared was growing, spreading, reaching small red claws through the whites of his eyes and tussling with the fibers of his motor cortex so that his hands shivered and clenched and lost all knowledge. he drank like a man who would lose, and lose hard, and would not seek for blame.

he drank quite a bit.

Drink alwayes and you shall never die: if I drink not, I am a ground dry, gravelled and spent, I am stark dead without drink, and my soul ready to flie into some marish amongst Frogs; the soul never dwells in a dry place, drouth kills it. O you butlers, creaters of new formes, make me of no drinking a drinker, a perennity and everlastingnesse of springkling, and bedewing me through these my parched and sinnewy bowels; he drinks in vaine, that feels not the pleasure of it. This entereth into my veines: the pissing tooles and urinal vessels shall have nothing of it. If came such liquor from my bullock, would you not willingly thereafter suck the udder whence it issued?

Gargantua chapter 5 is a huge list of jokes like this.

>majority of posts start with "he drank"

Whats wrong with that exactly?

he drank for the hangover.

he was a thirsty-wirsty goo goo ga ga baby boy

Pouring. Dumb-ass

The more he drank, the more he shat, but the more he shat, the thirstier he grew.

Oh lordy lord i like this one. Dat pathos tho

He didn't drink because he had to get drunk, or because he liked it, or for any other particular reason but that his thirst was unquenchable.

he was one of those bird thingies that sit on a cup or maybe a bucket and go up and down except the bird (which is fake) actually drank the water.

every barman in the town knew his name

funneling

the cunt would always froff a tinny... or six

Took shoveling as a reference to the ice, and more like he was pushing it in, with force, even though there was no more liquid within

>He drank because there was nothing else to do

He drank to completion as if a young plant in dire need of re-potting. This gave him the courage to drink some more.

That was awful

>He drank until he was half full, then he drank until he was half empty

he drank because God said so

he drank like ops mom during pregnancy

If the glass is full drink up (drink up) this may be the last time we see this cup, if God wanted us sober he'd knock the glass over so while it is full we drink up.

best one so far

Drinking became his habit, uncouncious as eye blinking,
Drowning in liquor, to forget, to rest, to feel human again so he could live everyday.

>He drank like sobriety was death itself, and in his case perhaps it was.

>Water was what he drank when all else was gone.

>It was always a glass half-empty with him, which he intended to empty entirely.

>It was not that he needed to drink, but why wouldn't he, when the alternative was sobriety?

B T F O
T
F
O

He drank as if he was trying to catch the feeling, and it was always one step ahead of him.

>I am trying to bring all the [wine-dark] sea into this hole

He drank more than an alcoholic. An alcoholic drinks a lot

he drank too much : ^)

he drank so alot it afraid dionysus

why though? ;.;

He drank like a large bucket who hath said fuck it

He drank like a hungry person eats a lot

He drank like your mother.

He drank like the ocean gulps water from the world's rivers, and yet the ocean is never full.

>This stupid son-of-a-bitch liked to drink. A lot. He drank a lot. Sometimes he'd wake up in the middle of the night to pull open his nightstand and pour himself a glass of bourbon. Once, at a party, the host, his friend, asked the stupid son of a gun to leave because his drinking was ruining his relationship. His friend's relationship. Not his own...At his friend's daughter's birthday. This asshole was an alcoholic asshole. An unapologetic, alcoholic asshole. Fuck him too.

Holy... i want more

>he drank like he was howling at a moon at the back of the bottle.

He drank like a dog who drinks a lot

FF

Kek

He drinks as though each shot drags him still closer to the inescapable doom he fell into years ago, and now impatiently he yearns for that tragic final throw.

The real ones (after; ):
(???)
My favorites:

He drinks like he's swallowing himself, and not in small gulps.

He drank like he was watching the endless eight for the eightieth time

alliteration

He drank so much that he drowned, that is in a metaphorical sense.

>that is in a metaphorical sense
oh

Why don't you try coming up with an original thought by yourself?

It's not for a piece you douche, I just want to read them

He drank so much that the sentence describing him was drukn

4th wall is BROKEN!!!
Simply ebin.

Maybe i'm just stupid, but it makes no sense. Also it doesn't flow, as an image or in word. No hard feelings though.

In his opinion, the glass was neither "half full" nor "half empty." Rather, it was "in need of a refill."

Never could one claim that he was drinking, only that he had drunken.

Most of them belong there
>he drank because he drank hurhur

Good to see lots of people are taking it seriously though

He drank like someone cared

Crash! He's an alcoholic!

He came in barren, hollow, hoping the fullness of the cups and vials would diminish the condition. The vessels drained, and nothing was filled. Emptiness begot emptiness. The absurdity was fascinating, and so he persisted.

He drank like a man wanting to forget.

>"Humph !" resumed the voice, as I continued my survey, "you mus pe so dronk as de pig, den, for not zee me as I zit here at your zide."

(c) edgar poe

He handled the glass so casually that you'd almost forget to notice it, or to notice that you'd never seen him without it.

He drank as often as he wept, and he wept often with a drink in his hand.

Sunset found him sitting in the kitchen, groaning. Every thought was looser than the one before, and fouler. By the time the moon came up he was drinking brown water. The more he drank, the more he sat, but the more he sat, the thirstier he grew, and his thirst sent him crawling to the fridge for another beer.