/CS is for brainlets/

/CS is for brainlets/

Why is this meme still a thing?

CS is pretty hard, pic related. I bet that majority of STEM faggots would not be able to understand this book.

obviously there are harder aspects of CS

the claim is the the vast majority of CS majors are brainlets, which is obviously true

undergrad is for brainlets

>Why is this meme still a thing?

Because it rings true every time.

One of the best things in life is when something does a perfect parody if itself, and this post is one of those moments.

I bet 99.999% of CS major won't be able to understand that book.

>I bet that majority of STEM faggots would not be able to understand this book.

Jokes on you I'm a combinatorialist. Great book though, it's the closest I've ever come to appreciating analysis.

Greatness computer science are mathematics.

>CS isnt for brainlets
>see here is some cool math
math master race

cs math usually has real life application in compare to math wizards circlejerk

From your point of view is this book hard for avg stem student?

Quick rundown:
not latexed
examples cover half the book
summation symbol unused
not coherent as expected from a scientificial book

Yes, it would be easier to understand Bogdanov borthers' theses

>cs math usually has real life application in compare to math wizards circlejerk

Now I see why this whole board is embarrassed of CS majors.

Any math undergrad can understand that shit.

>he makes excuse for being a useless neckbeard

>says the CS user

Does not compute.

And also
>cs math usually has real life application in compare to math wizards circlejerk
Look into physics if you want to see real applied math.

>I bet that majority of STEM faggots would not be able to understand this book.
I bet a greater majority of CS students wouldn't either.

What is it with CS trying to claim other legitimate fields of study as their own?

What is it with CS trying to claim other legitimate fields of study as their own?

lol!

So are you trying to imply that physic stoles everything from math?

No because literal physicists came up with the majority of the mathematics that they use.

Show me the computer scientists that developed the work in that book.

CS is one of those majors that produces inconsistent results. I've met people that could barely create a "Hello World" html website with a Bachelors in CS. I have also met people that could give some well known software engineers a run for their money and they just started junior year. I feel like other accredited STEM programs do not accept results like this, and produce a decent quality product upon graduation.

There's pretty broad stratification in the CS major. You'll have your braindead faggots who are just trying to go through the motions to get to work as a code monkey and then the brilliant dudes who are looking to advance AI or algorithmic knowledge.

CS is married to business that's why. Suits see how you scale things with finite resources and get so excited, so they fast-track edumacation of software developers with political and economic means.

Devs are the new factory worker, except you only need < 1000 of them to produce stuff that will serve millions of people.

Source: I'm a software developer with an ""Information Science"" background.

Of course CS is pretty hard.
The problem is CS majors like to think CS bachelor curriculum has comparable difficulties to Math, Physics, or even EE. Which is fucking delusional.
A frog in a well.

Smart person go into field, they do smart things.
Dumb person go into field, they do dumb things.

Doesn't matter what STEM degree it is.

if you're in a decent CS program it's comparable to EE

disregarding the diploma mill programs

But this is a blessing if you want to do a good career. The amount of very smart people getting lost doing PhD in algebraic geometry, you can do very nice things like computer algebra or algorithmic combinatorics very that much competition.

I am really up in the air about what I want to do, I am really interested in doing math but I'm only interested in combinator/numb theory/discrete/algebra/computation/etcetc.

All the math I keep taking is about diffrent/analysis and don't really seem to fit with any of the programming research that I want to do.

I'm leaning toward just doing CS with the math as a minor, but I don't want people to think I am brainlet for not just going with the full math degree..... it just seems I would have to take so many classes that aren't really relevant to what I want to do for research...

UGH. Why can't CS just be better? Why am I caught in the middle like this. I just want a degree in fucking computational mathematics/ programming. Why do I have to do software engineering classes!

REEEEEE

I think it's for autists, not brainlets. Since you sit in front of a computer all day, looking at a bunch of symbols that don't mean jack shit.

That's a computer engineering degree.

I did more work in my CS courses than math courses. Sometimes proving shit is easier than programming in shit like C or ASM esp when the proofs require definitions and previous theorems in standard undergrad problem sets.

While you might finish functional analysis homework in a day or two the OS project might fucking take a week.

Bump due to similar threads

>I did more work in my CS courses than math courses. Sometimes proving shit is easier than programming in shit like C or ASM esp when the proofs require definitions and previous theorems in standard undergrad problem sets.
Please don't lie here.

Says the math major that never took upper division programming classes.

Give me math homework and I'll complete the proofs. CS assignments are drawn out and take much longer to do.