What Veeky Forums gear do you all recommend? Telescope? Microscope? Tesla coil? Mobius strip lamp?

What Veeky Forums gear do you all recommend? Telescope? Microscope? Tesla coil? Mobius strip lamp?

Other urls found in this thread:

kleinbottle.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=-k3mVnRlQLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

textbook

So, as my OP suggests, I bought some dinoflagellates.

They are plankton that bioluminesce to try to match the color of moonlight hitting the water. They do this as a type of camouflage so that they are not eaten.

However, my dinoflagellates sadly died in the mail, so I am trying to find some interesting nerd swag to cheer me up.

dog

I have a large bookshelf of those already. Do you have a particularly interesting one that comes to mind?

Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed in my apartment. Otherwise, I would consider getting a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and naming it Ein.

How about a plant? I've got a mimosa plant. I don't know if that qualifies as Veeky Forums gear.

pic related

hahaha like le cowboy bebob doge XDXD hehehehe I watched anime too bro!

Definitely it counts! That plant is very interesting.

Probably that uses up a lot of energy for the plant. I suppose, if I get some, I should grab a few so that I don't accidentally kill one by playing with it so much.

mimosa hostilus is essential

get an instrument. a ukelel or pianlol.

It closes up then it takes a while to open again.

Soldering iron, a couple arduinos, a rasp pi, rubik's cube, lotta broken hard drives and other computer parts.

see
Add some mycobacterium vaccae and tickling your plant will dose you wish a tiny amount of cognition enhancing bacteria.

Oh yeah. I bought a pi for someone else, but I strangely have not bought one for myself yet.

How about 3d printers? Are they a meme? Are they fun? Are there any that are affordable?

Klien Bottle.

You can buy one at my website

kleinbottle.com/

They're usually on sale during any lunar eclipse.

>Are there any that are affordable?
What's affordable? I got a cheap prusa i3 kit from china that cost me $250 a year ago. I think they're closer to $200 now.

/diy/ usually has a 3d print general but it appears to be down at the moment.

>How about 3d printers? Are they a meme?
Pretty much a meme.
> Are they fun?
If you think staring at a box for hours is fun sure.
> Are there any that are affordable?
not any good ones, but they're def usable.

What do you think you'll make?

I bought one just a week ago, should arrive sometime this week. Could post back if you're interested? It was a 200 dollar chinese kit, so I'm really wondering about the quality, lol, but the reviews were good so we'll see. Model is a Kossel Delta.

I am not sure. If I get one, maybe some interesting art pieces (e.g. DNA sculpture) and might download some projects from the internet.

That one looks nice. Yeah, that would be awesome.

I have definitely been to this website before and have seen the secret treasure trove of klein bottles.

Oh man. I forgot about the custom made robot too! Neat stuff,

youtube.com/watch?v=-k3mVnRlQLU

>DNA sculpture
I doubt my cheap machine could do that.
But it's like 10 years old now, so maybe

Mr. Klien Bottle? Is it really you?

Test to see whether you are adopted or not.