3 dimensions is the maximum number of dimensions

If there are more then please point in the direction they are in, otherwise don't call it a dimension. This nonsense is equally dumb as 1+2+3... = -1/12.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory#Number_of_dimensions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't speak to the fifth, but the fourth direction seems to be the future.

There is no future, not past. There is only the present.

some people think there is no present, only past and future

Mathematics isn't a slave to reality, engineering, computer science, practicality, empiricism.
Pure Mathematics is the set of all statements of the form "p implies q". In some sense 1+2+3+... does equal -1/12. It's all about what the p is.

Imagine you are looking down on a 2D plane with a group of 2D beings discussing a similar thing. imagine them trying to point in the 3rd dimension, with you looking over them. to these people in flatland up and down have no meaning, they are incomprehensible.

the 4th dimension is a similar thing. you cannot point in the the direction of the 4th dimension in the same way these 2d creatures cannot point in the 3rd dimension. but, the third dimension is still a fucking dimension.

time isn't a spacial dimension don't be dum

Are you saying there are 4d anons whose husbando is me? Are they fapping to me RIGHT NOW?

yes.

>2d beings
>no volume
how would they exist in the first place retard?

no need for namecalling jizzeater

Lewd

Suck my dick Faggot

How would that concept work?

idk bro use your imagination. flatland is a pretty common analogy to explain higher dimensions.

No it isn't a dimension. There's clearly a 3rd way after you've got 2, there's no 4th way. Period.

Point which way higher dimensions are, go on. That analogy is just a cop out to say that you don't understand.

fuck you guys are so close minded. If we were living in the 2D world you would be making the same complaints about the non-existent 3rd dimension.

It's not possible to point in the direction of the 4th dimension because our reality is 3D, meaning I can only extend my arms along directions on a 3D plane. similarly, you can't "picture" which direction this would be for the same reasons.

none of what you're saying means that "3 is as high as you can go" and string theory is just a meme or something

there is no 2d world.

Do you realize that you sound exactly like a religious person rambling about the spiritual world? Why are you talking about things that don't exist? That's irrelevant.

String theory is literally a belief system, it is unironically a meme

>implying the 4th dimension isn't the fabric of spacetime which when paired with mass creates the sensation of gravity

It's not so clear that they don't exist user. For an example, I wouldn't call string theory on par with "religious ramblings".

here's some extra reading: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory#Number_of_dimensions

When talking about an event, you must give the location and date/time of that event. Location is 3D and time is another one, so for an event to be uniquely determined you need 4 dimensions.

I'll use as many dimensions as I wish for my constructions. You can't stop me.

You can't even hear me or see me, 3-boi

Not only is the 3rd dimension the 'greatest number' of dimensions, it's the only one. There is no 2nd dimension, nor is there a 1st dimension.

Those are merely concepts allowing us to explain and understand the world around us a little better. The 'plan cartésien' (sorry, I don't know it's english name, nor do I really care) was at first developed for the sake of predicting the projectile trajectory. In the same sense, making any remotely accurate economic predictions requires multiple dimensions

But again, those are abstract mathematical concepts, not realities.

No. time is separate from spatial dimensions. It's not a dimension.

>The 'plan cartésien'
lmao this retarded brainlet

>prefers a translation over the original
lmao unilingual brainlet detected

french is a disgusting gay language and frenchies are the epitome of weakness

>"""""""insert irrelevant subjective opinion here"""""""
Sure brainlet, I really do care. Please continue.

>brainlet tactics
back to your closet frenchie

Some people think Trump's a good guy and that removing 2 strings from a guitar makes it a ukulele not just a guitar without 2 strings. You seem like a half strung guitar to me.

That would make you the faggot too. Are you ok with using a slurr that can also be used to identify you after I do what you say?, Faggot

Uh yeah you can picture a 4d world. It's just like everything all stacked up. In fact I took a picture of a 4d space and called it a video. Rekt

Has no one ever mentioned gravity as the 4th direction/dimension?

>moving unaffected by gravity

Hint:
>rotations

We literally used both of these ideas in my university's string theory lecture today

Yes I am. And suck the whole shaft you faggot, I will make your head my fleshlight.

no

There really are only three spatial dimensions. Calling anything else a dimension is a misnomer. We could have headed off a lot of dumb pop sci crap if we had gone with 3 dimensions plus 7 variables or something else with a clearer distinction

>time is a spatial dimension
I fucking hate you and everything you stand for

Evidence can be found on the subatomic scale
But things get weird at that level
Really weird
Don't panic about it

Ask a creature in the 2nd dimension to point to the third dimension you fucking retard.