When did you realize that aerobic exercise extremely good for your brain and preventing brainlet status?

When did you realize that aerobic exercise extremely good for your brain and preventing brainlet status?

Other urls found in this thread:

tobaccoinaustralia.org.au/chapter-3-health-effects/3-23-smoking-dementia-and-cognitive-decline
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>A large body of research in humans has demonstrated that consistent aerobic exercise (e.g., 30 minutes every day) induces persistent improvements in certain cognitive functions, healthy alterations in gene expression in the brain, and beneficial forms of neuroplasticity and behavioral plasticity; some of these long-term effects include: increased neuron growth, increased neurological activity (e.g., c-Fos and BDNF signaling), improved stress coping, enhanced cognitive control of behavior, improved declarative, spatial, and working memory, and structural and functional improvements in brain structures and pathways associated with cognitive control and memory.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10] The effects of exercise on cognition have important implications for improving academic performance in children and college students, improving adult productivity, preserving cognitive function in old age, preventing or treating certain neurological disorders, and improving overall quality of life.[1][11][12]

>People who regularly perform aerobic exercise (e.g., running, jogging, brisk walking, swimming, and cycling) have greater scores on neuropsychological function and performance tests that measure certain cognitive functions, such as attentional control, inhibitory control, cognitive flexibility, working memory updating and capacity, declarative memory, spatial memory, and information processing speed.[1][5][7][9][10] Aerobic exercise is also a potent antidepressant and euphoriant;[13][14][15][16] as a result, consistent exercise produces general improvements in mood and self-esteem.[17][18]

>Regular aerobic exercise improves symptoms associated with a variety of central nervous system disorders and may be used as an adjunct therapy for these disorders. There is clear evidence of exercise treatment efficacy for major depressive disorder[11][15][19][20] and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.[21][22] A large body of preclinical evidence and emerging clinical evidence supports the use of exercise therapy for treating and preventing the development of drug addictions.[23][24][25][26][27] Reviews of clinical evidence also support the use of exercise as an adjunct therapy for certain neurodegenerative disorders, particularly Alzheimer’s disease[28][29] and Parkinson's disease.[30][31][32][33] Regular exercise is also associated with a lower risk of developing neurodegenerative disorders.[31][34] Regular exercise has also been proposed as an adjunct therapy for brain cancers.[35]

>Neuroplasticity is the process by which neurons adapt to a disturbance over time, and most often occurs in response to repeated exposure to stimuli.[36] Aerobic exercise increases the production of neurotrophic factors[note 1] (e.g., BDNF, IGF-1, VEGF, and GDNF) which mediate improvements in cognitive functions and various forms of memory by promoting blood vessel formation in the brain, adult neurogenesis,[note 2] and other forms of neuroplasticity.[2][5][17][38][39] Consistent aerobic exercise over a period of several months induces clinically significant improvements in executive functions and increased gray matter volume in multiple brain regions, particularly those which give rise to executive functions.[1][5][6][7][9] The brain structures that show the greatest improvements in gray matter volume in response to aerobic exercise are the prefrontal cortex, caudate nucleus, and hippocampus;[1][5][6][8] less significant increases in gray matter volume occur in the anterior cingulate cortex, parietal cortex, cerebellum, and nucleus accumbens.[5][6][8] The prefrontal cortex, caudate nucleus, and anterior cingulate cortex are among the most significant brain structures in the dopamine and norepinephrine systems that give rise to cognitive control.[6][40] Exercise-induced neurogenesis (i.e., the increases in gray matter volume) in the hippocampus is associated with measurable improvements in spatial memory.[6][8][18][41] Higher physical fitness scores, as measured by VO2 max, are associated with better executive function, faster information processing speed, and greater gray matter volume of the hippocampus, caudate nucleus, and nucleus accumbens.[1][6] Long-term aerobic exercise is also associated with persistent beneficial epigenetic changes that result in improved stress coping, improved cognitive function, and increased neuronal activity (c-Fos and BDNF signaling).[4][42]

>One of the most significant effects of exercise on the brain is the increased synthesis and expression of BDNF, a neuropeptide hormone, in the brain and periphery, resulting in increased signaling through its tyrosine kinase receptor, tropomyosin receptor kinase B (TrkB).[4][43][44] Since BDNF is capable of crossing the blood–brain barrier, higher peripheral BDNF synthesis also increases BDNF signaling in the brain.[38] Exercise-induced increases in brain BDNF signaling are associated with beneficial epigenetic changes, improved cognitive function, improved mood, and improved memory.[4][8][17][43] Furthermore, research has provided a great deal of support for the role of BDNF in hippocampal neurogenesis, synaptic plasticity, and neural repair.[5][43] Engaging in moderate-high intensity aerobic exercise such as running, swimming, and cycling increases BDNF biosynthesis through myokine signaling, resulting in up to a threefold increase in blood plasma and brain BDNF levels;[4][43][44] exercise intensity is positively correlated with the magnitude of increased BDNF biosynthesis and expression.[4][43][44] A meta-analysis of studies involving the effect of exercise on BDNF levels found that consistent exercise modestly increases resting BDNF levels as well.[17]

>Reviews of neuroimaging studies indicate that consistent aerobic exercise increases gray matter volume in brain regions associated with memory processing, cognitive control, motor function, and reward;[1][5][6][8] the most prominent gains in gray matter volume are seen in the prefrontal cortex, caudate nucleus, and hippocampus, which support cognitive control and memory processing, among other cognitive functions.[1][6][8][9] Moreover, the left and right halves of the prefrontal cortex, the hippocampus, and the cingulate cortex appear to become more functionally interconnected in response to consistent aerobic exercise.[1][7] Three reviews indicate that marked improvements in prefrontal and hippocampal gray matter volume occur in healthy adults that regularly engage in medium intensity exercise for several months.[1][6][50] Other regions of the brain that demonstrate moderate or less significant gains in gray matter volume during neuroimaging include the anterior cingulate cortex, parietal cortex, cerebellum, and nucleus accumbens.[5][6][8][51]

>Regular exercise has been shown to counter the shrinking of the hippocampus and memory impairment that naturally occurs in late adulthood.[5][6][8] Sedentary adults over age 55 show a 1–2% decline in hippocampal volume annually.[8][52] A neuroimaging study with a sample of 120 adults revealed that participating in regular aerobic exercise increased the volume of the left hippocampus by 2.12% and the right hippocampus by 1.97% over a one-year period.[8][52] Subjects in the low intensity stretching group who had higher fitness levels at baseline showed less hippocampal volume loss, providing evidence for exercise being protective against age-related cognitive decline.[52] In general, individuals that exercise more over a given period have greater hippocampal volumes and better memory function.[5][8] Aerobic exercise has also been shown to induce growth in the white matter tracts in the anterior corpus callosum, which normally shrink with age.[5][50]

>The various functions of the brain structures that show exercise-induced increases in gray matter volume include:

>Prefrontal and anterior cingulate cortices – required for the cognitive control of behavior, particularly: working memory, attentional control, decision-making, cognitive flexibility, social cognition, and inhibitory control of behavior;[53][54] implicated in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and addiction[53]

>Nucleus accumbens – responsible for incentive salience ("wanting" or desire, the form of motivation associated with reward) and positive reinforcement; implicated in addiction[55]

>Hippocampus – responsible for storage and consolidation of declarative memory and spatial memory;[6][56] implicated in depression[8]

>Cerebellum – responsible for motor coordination and motor learning[57]

>Caudate nucleus – responsible for stimulus-response learning and inhibitory control; implicated in Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease and ADHD[53][56]

>Parietal cortex – responsible for sensory perception, working memory, and attention[53][58]

>Concordant with the functional roles of the brain structures that exhibit increased gray matter volumes, exercise has been shown to improve numerous aspects of cognitive control and memory function.[5][7][9][59][60] In particular, consistent aerobic exercise has been shown to improve attentional control,[note 3] information processing speed, cognitive flexibility (e.g., task switching), inhibitory control,[note 4] working memory updating and capacity,[note 5] declarative memory,[note 6] and spatial memory.[5][6][7][9][10][59][60] In adults, the effect sizes of improvements in cognitive function are largest for indices of executive functions and small to moderate for aspects of memory and information processing speed.[1][10] Individuals who have a sedentary lifestyle tend to have impaired cognitive control relative to other more physically active non-exercisers.[9][59] A reciprocal relationship between exercise and cognitive control has also been noted: improvements in control processes, such as attentional control and inhibitory control, increase an individual's tendency to exercise.[9] A systematic review of studies conducted on children suggests that some of the exercise-induced improvements in executive function are apparent after single bouts of exercise, while other aspects (e.g., attentional control) only improve following consistent exercise on a regular basis.[60]

Source?

google.com

Exercising too much can severely lower your free test as is seen in all distance runners.(1)(2)[3]{4} In fact making you less of a man.(science4) (logic7)

then don't do it too much

Neat thanks.
Anything about weightlifting though?

why would lifting weights, an anaeorbic exercise, do anything for you cognitively?

>in all distance runners
>Exercising
>fact
>less of a man
Oh user, this is not the board for you

>free test
lol

>muh test ooga booga
>muh masculinity
Fuck off brainlet, this isn't the board for you

Fuck I need to start exercising I'm just too shy for the gym. I feel like everyone's judging my horrible physique and lack of kinesthetic knowledge.

the entire thing above is based on something like jogging 30 minutes per day. just start jogging around your block for 30 minutes.

just do this faggot. you could literally jog in your bedroom

I just enjoy more running than lifting, so i guess i didn't realized, I just feel it

>I do calisthenics too

running is an anaerobic exercise

Been playing badminton and sometimes working out at like 06:30 lately, really does wonders for me.

Scientifically speaking, what's the best way to get a runner gf?

Kidnapping

asking the real questions

being a runner

Whats the difference between aerobic and cardio?

I want to start exercising.

Running decreased my generalized anxiety and always makes my life overall more satisfying when I'm doing it. It's so hard to keep the habit up when you first start. 90% of it for me is just making time (I have to wake up around 6 to run because college) for it and waking up.

I think it's amazing how simple it is with the wide spread of benefits doing light cardio has. You're already healthier than most.

Everyone starts somewhere and people in the gym know that. Just start a 3x compound lift routine and reap the benefits

I'm more worried about my shitty lifting technique

No one has good technique when they start. By starting with light weight you can really ingrain the movement patterns in

>e.g., 30 minutes every day
I can't run every day, it's way beyond my recover ability.
I need at least two days for that.

it's jogging dumb fuck

Fucking fat lazy faggot

I meant running/jogging

If you cannot run a 3200 in 15:00 then you are subhuman.

nothing in this thread is about running you fat ass brainlet

start with the bar for all movements, and slowly add weight over time

stop talking about your fucking degenerate meathead bullshit in this thread about legitimate exercise

Please calm down sir. You're scaring my children.

>mfw 4.0 in physics at Berkeley
>jog every day

hmm...

lifting is legitimate exercise

literally everything above is because of aerobic exercise.

yes, and none of that delegitimizes lifting as a form of exercise

is this where your autism makes you make points that don't matter?

>stop talking about your fucking degenerate meathead bullshit in this thread about legitimate exercise
>lifting is legitimate exercise

not sure if you're so much of a brainlet that you can't follow a simple thread, or if you're triggered by lifting

Two days ago

long ago user.

don't forget
tobaccoinaustralia.org.au/chapter-3-health-effects/3-23-smoking-dementia-and-cognitive-decline

it's never too late to stop
it's never too late to start

Gonna pick up running 30minutes a day for that brain gains

fuck her while she's in that position

I believe aerobic exercises are any exercises which makes you sweat and requires your body to intake much more oxygen.

Cardio is a subset of aerobic exercises which focuses mainly on heart health. I.E. maintaining a certain heart rate to efficiently maximize heart muscle use without over-working.

i used to run 3k every other day and I felt great but i was emaciated. now that I look back i think it might have not been so good for my general health.

no. the entire reason for the OPs findings are because your brain receives an extreme level of blood/oxygen for a long period of time, chronically. It's how literally any part of your body would react. Lifting weights or running wouldn't do anything. Jogging for long periods of time is what the OP is primarily referencing. You will literally have a higher IQ after a few months of jogging daily.