Happy birthday Max

Can we have a thread to celebrate Saint Max Day?
Happy birthday to the unique man

Thank you

>Saint Max Day

Spooks will spook. Go out and do something worthwhile, pissant.

Daily reminder that spook posters are mentally ill and have not read any of his works.

Property, please.

birthday aspook
happy it maxideadman

Is there any online information about Max's milk shop or his teaching at a girl's school?
There are a few mentions in his bios but nothing in detail. Is his education book worth reading?

The milk shop failed because, whilst it was reasonably priced, people didn't go in because they thought themselves below it.

Apparently it looked higher class.

Are you trying to say you've read any of his works?

Stirners Milkshop BTFO by the class spook

I once had the chance to see Stirner's grave (or was it his death house?) when I was in Berlin, but I decided not to because I knew Max would have laughed at me for endulging in the spook of visiting a memorial as somewhat of a fruitful activity.

Ask me nothing.

What would Max say of wiping your nose while on the loo and then using the resulting wet paper to better wipe your arse? Any disgust a spook?

Disgust is a spook, but if it's beneficial to indulge a spook he would advocate using the spook for your own benefit.

The point is to use spooks to your advantage, rather than being used by them. To avoid spooks altogether would indeed be being spooked by the concept of spooks itself.

I think not. Any true egoist would consider birthdays as spooks.

A true egoist would surely have their birthday celebrated by their property, spook or not.

What would Stirner have thought of homosexuality?

He would have laughed at the thought of being spooked into a set sexuality.

I had a similar experience. I went on vacation to wander around europe, ended up in Berlin, but at the time I was actually suffering from severe sleep apnea without knowing it and I was basically in a state of psychosis the entire time from fatigue. I spent hours one day searching trying to find his graveyard and got lost and passed out on a riverbank in the sun.

Fuck germany.

This is the best time to ask if any- has anyone here read Max's other works, including but not limited to The False Principle of our Education and Art and Religion? Are they worth reading?

Also, happy birthday Max. Wherever you are, I hope it's not in spook hell

>Thinking centralised milk distribution for a city = a 1950s milkshake shop

can you debunk the idea of a spook?

You told us before.
Not saying that there's anything wrong with it, just meant to acknowledge that your posts are being remembered.

Spookdom is a spook
:^)

I don't know how you would. Naturally, there are things that an involuntary egoist may place above their own cause, and as such there is such a thing as a spook. The only argument you could make would be some sort of semantic memery/negation, i.e. "cause doesn't mean anything", "egoist doesn't mean anything", so on and so forth. Beyond that, you can certainly have an argument about what qualifies something being "placed above" one's own cause, or about whether being spooked is necessarily a bad thing.

>tfw meme'd into writing an essay about him for a political thought class

I hate you all.

I have to pair him up with another philosopher and compare/contrast their views, was originally gonna do Marx but I think Kant would be better. Thoughts?

do him and hegel. it'd be perfect

Hobbes

His state of nature is basically what he thinks would happen if everyone was a Stirnerite egoist.

I know the ego and it's own was basically a response to hegelism, but I haven't read up too much on his stuff which is why I hadn't really considered him. Mind elaborating for me a little bit here?

That could be interesting, especially how Hobbes ideas about the state of nature necessitates a Leviathan authoritative figure to curb individual self interest in order to secure liberty/saftey while that conclusion goes totally against what Stirner's egoism was all about, right?

hegel is more well known than stirner, and is similar in some ways and different in other ways.

hes probably laughing at you now anyway for caring about a dead man's opinion

happy birthday to you
even though age is a spook
happy birthday dear maxy
happy birthday to you

How many words do you have to work with? When it comes to Kant would you be focusing on Ethics or Ontology?

A sppok is something unreal you try to make real. Wiping your nose on the toilet seat is disgusting in a very real way.

>A sppok is something unreal you try to make real.

Thats horrifically incorrect even by meme standards

A spook is sort of what you get when a concept that, by being a concept, should only exist in a conceptual world, memes its way into the perceived physical plane. Or something like that.

MILK FOR THE MILK GOD
SPOOKS FOR THE SPOOK THRONE

I've read the False Principle, it's good and more or less what you would expect him to say.

You got spooked into wanting not to be spooked. The whole point is that you should be enjoying your life.

The moustachio man
The fruit bat
The other N-word

Rousseau works too for that matter.

>You got spooked into wanting not to be spooked
No.
The point of spooks is not binding your own hapiness and responses to concepts outside of the physical plane, which you, as a physical being, never truly a Geist, cannot control.

Jk, you fell for the serious answer spook.

You're possessed by the health spook, property. It's not about well being, it's about interest. The Unique One is above the body/mind dichotomy. As for controlling the Geist, that's a whole 'nother bag of presuppositions.

> Or something like that.
Not in the slightest. Its anything that once places above their own interest.

Using mathematics to build a house for instance is not spooky just because you use a concept in a physical way

It's only 800-1000 words so pretty brief, I'd mostly be talking about ethics, specifically the role freedom and the state

>The fruit bat
Nietzsche and his love for fruit is one of my favorite memes

Here's a rare pic to celebrate

>specifically the role freedom and the state
Then Kant and Marx probably arent the best choices. Why not take a fairly easy comparision and do Bentham/John Stuart Mill/Lock or Rousseau

Nice troll.
Please don't post this again.

>In order to alleviate his suffering from chronic headaches, persistent vomiting, and a painful digestive disorder, Nietzsche tried a long list of medications as well as a variety of diets. Ironically, it is very likely that Nietzsche’s obsession with fruit was responsible for inflaming his digestive discomfort.

>According to the innkeeper at the Alpine Rose, where Nietzsche stayed for an extended time in 1884, Nietzsche’s daily food intake consistently included a beefsteak for breakfast and fruit for the rest of the day. Not only did Nietzsche purchase fruit from the inn and from local Italian vendors, but he received baskets of fruit shipped to him by his friends as well. This wasn’t a small amount of fruit. Rather, on more than one occasion, Nietzsche ate almost three kilograms (6.5 lbs) of fruit during the course of a single day.