OFFICIAL Veeky Forums META THREAD

So Hiroshima just posted this. Let's talk about how to improve the board and the quality of the posts.

first

>le climate change
these threads need to be euthanised on the spot

this attached image needs to be discussed with Veeky Forums, /ic/ and Veeky Forums then updated

that's the most retarded shit i've seen today on Veeky Forums
well actually the third most retarded, man this board sucks

>/pol/ posters
>/r9k/ posters
>iq posters
>e-stats posters
>not providing any meaningful discussion/arguments
>bait posters
>troll posters
>negativity posters
>hate posts
Actually, make this a science board and we are set.

more discussion of genetically engineered catgirl maids

Why does it rustle you so, user-san?

Just remove the copypasta reposts. People are still falling for the "I stopped caring about math when I was introduced to imaginary numbers" pasta. Many such cases.

>/pol/ posters

These are the worst, with their racebaiting threads.

It doesn't (because nobody in power would be stupid enough to try it) I just pointed out that it's totally retarded.

Sad!

Threads are good when there's actual discussion. They're not good when they devolve into shitposting and crossposting from /pol/.

this, and -1/12 meme, I fucking hate it with soul
every thread there's the same circlejerking about the other site falsifying data and calling out the other poster for being /pol/

Why do you think it's so retarded though?

It's pretty much the same guy in every thread that posts the same images / same conspiracies every time. Climate science is actually interesting to discuss though, and there's constantly new studies / news to discuss so it's a shame we can't have decent threads about it.

Well I have to say we all need to look at the catalog. It's a fucking mess, let me tell you.
To many people asking stupid questions out of their specific thread and a lot of non related topics including /pol/ stuff or even borderline autistic /r9k/ stuff. Some questions only require a visit to the library or a google search, and there are too many undergrads bragging bout their field.

To be honest I could do something for the board and make good threads, but I'm too busy studying. I just come here every other day to lurk and see if there is anything interesting.

I think its mostly because most of us have their finals around this time and only neets/trolls are on right now and fucking it up

Make Veeky Forums great again in 3 points:

1. Allow embedded pdf, to share scientific publications. I can't wait for science sharethreads.

2. Create sticky with attached reviews about race, human diversity, intelligence, climate and global warming.

3. Don't ban the troll threads and memes about maths. They are funny.

4. Get James D. Watson to do an AMA.

5. Try to attract more biologists and medical fields

Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /hist/, etc should have "curators" who can append messages to other posts, sort of like janitors but with the ability to "edit" (not really, just add information to) posts

6. rename Veeky Forums intro /r/sci/

Ban everyone that frequented /pol/ in the last 48 hours and tries to post.

>the troll threads and memes about maths.
>They are funny.
They are boring, repetitive and cringeworthy. Only a calc 1 freshman with xkcd tier "lol I'm such a nerd xD" humor can find them funny.

t. math grad student

Your opinion isn't the only one that matters. I think that we should strive towards a balance: we should allowed a few meme threads, but not let the board be overrun by them.

Let's do this.

In addition, I'm not a fan of creationism.

not him but fuck off with your shit plebbit threads, repeating the same moronic memes like LE -1/12 or LE COMPLEX numbers is in no way funny. You know what was fun? We actually had a good sci humor the last days and it was decent, and it did not involve the same 2010 memes over and over again

basically this
also i really hate how anons have this massive ego complex basically always having to put someone down/being negativy on the thread topic but idk if this is Veeky Forums culture
also ban these /x/ namefags (scimon) because they never actually provide any new information
time bans anyone that isn't genuinely wanting to learn or wanting to teach

I'm not defending low-effort bait threads that just say 1=0.999... you moron, I'm defending "meme" threads like the Wildberger ones or the humour ones. That's what I meant by "balance".

Veeky Forums should write a paper, and submit it to a peer-reviewed journal.

one word per post

I'll start:
-1/12

We already did

fuck you

Add in people who reply to these to be punished as well. All it does is encourage them to post again.

+10

Anyone who has posted on /pol/ in the past 48 hours is banned from making posts on any board except /b/.

The quality of post would increase everywhere.

Kek

This thread is good. If the rest of Veeky Forums was only the type of people on this thread right now, it would be good

Calculus captchas.

Integrate to post.

You have some big time unrealistic expectations if you think kids can handle that workload.

This is the real problem right here, Veeky Forums is a strong contender for the most easily trolled board on Veeky Forums.

permaban people dumber than me

wait what? you dont think 3rd graders can handle the irrationality of sqrt(2) and euclids algorithim for GCD?

wow you're almost thinking rationally here

not much would change

embedded pdf probably wont happen for a bit because of the security risks associated with pdf, though i do agree with #5. this board is really unfriendly with bio/medsci

the troll threads should stay i agree as well

the stickies will devolve into racebaiting garbage

this, this will fix Veeky Forums

i use it for myself and look at the grades as power levels not actual high school curriculum, I just wanna graduate Veeky Forums high and dominate underclassmen on the way ya know

med fags post here all the time.
some of the best threads are from the parasitology user/case study anons

rekt

I propose we allow Veeky Forums feels threads, like so:

>tfw no math gf

>negativity posters
>hate posts
Telling retards to fuck off is an integral part of keeping this board from becoming even shittier

fuck off retard

There is literally nothing wrong with Veeky Forums

It's a perfect blend of serious discussion and shitposting

Stop flat earth shitposters

FUCK YES. WE NEED THIS

yes please

first day out of reddit, faggot?

no more /pol/

I think this board needs less /pol/ spillover and baitposting in general. I like math and science humor (pic related) but ironically/unironically baiting/shilling is getting very old and is taking up way too much board space

I'd also like to see a less hostile environment to life science posters since the other punching bag (CS) can go on /g/, but say a microbiologist or plant biologist can't go to /an/, but that's not as crucial as the b8posting

I wouldn't mind getting some practice

Delete all threads like
>CS is for fags

Ban the specific user that says in every aforementioned thread
>The math content in CS classes is considerably less than most other STEM majors.

Aggressively ban shit posters/argumentative people that troll.

>t. butt blasted CS major

is your home, stay there.

that's not even remotely amusing. are you retarded?

Climate deniers are either trolls or actually retarded, but what really gets me are the round earther dumbasses.

Either allow metaphysical discussion or create a philosophy board.

Best idea I've seen in any "fix this board" thread across this whole site.

>globe-head detected

Fuck off UN shill.

Isn't it just roleplaying neckbeards?

>Earth is a rhombus please respond

About as plausible as a fucking basketball shaped planet. Take a look at the horizon sometime little guy.

we need to instaban all non math majors

Dude your posts are hilarious.

Couldn't they just type it into Wolfram and call it a day

They aren't supposed to be smartass

extra work that may discourage shitposters

obligatory

this, please

If you want to improve Veeky Forums, then implement the math captchas that have been requested for years.

Can't post on Veeky Forums if you've posted on /pol/ in the last 48 hours

Stop memeing pls

>>negativity posters
>>hate posts
Where do you think you are?

>>negativity posters
>>hate posts

Veeky Forums is not your safe space. Fuck off and die in a ditch.

nobody's commented on this bit

"he __ruled to permit__"

correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen all kinds of retarded idiotic threads here, and nobody had to "rule to permit them"

meta threads use to be a no-no that was sometimes enforced throughout Veeky Forums's history.

best post I've ever read on this board

aha, thanks for the clarification

criticism of the empire is heresy

The reason why this won't happen is because Google needs us to help with their self driving car AI. Why else do you think we have to select the squares with a stop sign?

Well, it was nice knowing you all.
I know I'm a brainlet, but I'll miss you bastards.

But please keep it to double or triple integrals at most. I'm only a CS student over here.

You dont need human input to train a neural net, you only need correct answers. Computer vision is a complicated problem, it would require a great deal of effort from a team of programmers to create a bot to pass this check, as well as a very powerrful computer to calculate the answer in a reqsonable amount of time. It would be easier for a team of programmers to just post spam themsleves.

>8th grade
>C++
I take it whoever wrote this never actually had to deal with idiosyncrasies of C++. ADP, SFINAE, RAII, move semantics, thousands of lines of errors because of templates, name mangling, type inference, how inheritance works and why your classes are 5 times larger than they should be because you forgot virtual, operator overloading etc, etc.

Veeky Forums already has pdf upload

The retards wouldnt even know about wolfram. Hell they wouldnt even know what to do to find it.
This is truly a brilliant idea

It's in vein with kanjicaptcha idea that's been around for years.

What an hero

Best post ITT

>10th grade
>Drivers ed
I take it whoever wrote this never actually had to deal with idiosyncrasies of manual gearing, clutch control, handling fishtailing, tire blowouts, brake failure, rip out the engine, body work, truck driving, motorbiking, stunt driving, tactical driving, etc, etc.

>just
he said that like 3 months ago, Veeky Forums had one meta thread too but it died pretty fast.

>he didn't have to drive the car into the canyon, get out of the car while it flies down and paraglide down onto a motorcycle to get his driver's license
Casul

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

Does anyone actually mind college/uni advice threads? They get deleted really fast (while fedora and /pol/ circle jerk threads last for ages) but I never see anyone get upset over them.