If light doesn't have mass then why does a black hole effect it?

If light doesn't have mass then why does a black hole effect it?

Because it steals it.

F R A M E D R A G G I N G

Because Lorenz transformations has energy and momentum conservation built in. Because of this, even mass less particles have non 0 momentum via
E^2 = (mc^2)^2 + (pc)^2

And light definitely has energy.

This suggests that light can be affected by forces. You need gr, not Sr to explain this intermediate effect but it's there.

Probably something to do with gravity gaining certain properties when its sufficiently present, thus even being able to act on light.
I'm pretty sure that, even though gravity is considered a weak force, it becomes one of the strongest forces once that certain threshold has been crossed (i.e. black hole)

This is a surprisingly good question for a gorilla post.

a brainlet way to think of it is that gravity is not a force but bending of spacetime. in a black hole space time is bent in such a way and to such an extent that it's impossible to escape from it

I farted really loud and my basketball shorts ripped.

Because a black hole also affects and warps the space-time surrounding it. Light is thereby consequently affected and will have its trajectory changed if it traveled on that same space-time.

Why is this question a thing? Even a fucking fifth grader knows that the mass of an object has nothing to do with it being affected by gravity(baseball in freefall is just as fast as a bowling ball etc.)

How do you come to the assumption that "well, gravity's acceleration on an object does not correlate with its mass in any way, so clearly gravity shouldn't affect objects with no mass"?

Because, you fucker, people don't really know alot, and if you actually know just a little bit, you see this:
F = G(m1.m2)/r2 and you scratch your head because m1 for light is 0, making F 0.

> "If a tree isn't made of stone, then why does it go down when I drop it."

>but bending of spacetime
Space is 3D how the fuck can there be a bend?

I think it's a little moreD than that.

[math][\nabla_X \nabla_Y] - \nabla_{[X,Y]} \neq 0 [/math]

it interacts with the Higgs field

>pic
don't you fucking do this to me, that reminds me of some of my family

for once spacetime isn't just space

>can bend a 1 dimensional wire
>can bend a 2 dimensional sheet
>can't bend a 3 dimensional volume
dimensionlet alert

They said neutrons were neutral, too.
I think the obvious answer rules: photons have mass, as much as any other particle/wave. They're only "models" useful to survive, but not Reality.

But what about neutron stars and pulsars and sheeeit

But light does have mass, just not any rest mass.

Light does not have *rest* mass but it does have mass. Thus it interacts with black holes.

Bazinga!

>replying to a gorillaposter

Sage, +1 to bump limit, no contribution

How the fuck is this supposed to be a science board when there's brainlets like these?