Ingredients?

Alright, cu/ck/s, I finally moved in to a place of my own and got myself a fridge.
It's empty now.

I'm new to this cooking thing, so..
What ingredients should I stock in it to cook with? (Excluding expensive shit like truffles and foie gras).

Eggs and beets, that way you've got breakfast, lunch and dinner covered.

Dijon mustard, sauerkraut, hot dogs, hot dog buns.

OP here, you store bread in the fridge?
I normally keep it outside, at room temp.

McChickens

Op you should probably stock your fridge with a lot of hot dogs.

Hot dogs fill your fridge and your soul.

Artificial crab meat
>keeps the sides from caving in

some fag posted this on a thread of mine years ago... ill repost it now:

I assume you have all the cookware required and essentials like parchment paper, cling wrap, tinfoil etc.
1) Table, Kosher, Sea and Finishing salt.
2) Black Pepper, Paprika, Cayenne, Cumin, Oregano, Cinnamon, Curry, Garlic & Onion powders.
3) White, Balsamic and Rice vinegars.
4) Canola or Veg oil and a nice EVOO.
5) Light and Dark Soy Sauce, Hot Sauce, Chili Paste, Mustard, Ketchup, Mayo and Worcestershire
6) Flour, White and Brown Sugar, Honey, Baking Soda, Yeast, Baking Powder, Chocolate and Corn Starch.
7) Toast Bread, Baguette, Pasta, Rice, Crackers and Bread Crumbs.
8) Whole Chicken, Ground Beef and Pork Tenderloins.
9) Celery, Carrots, Onions (Cooking, Red and Spanish), Potatoes, Tomatoes, Garlic, Ginger, Shallots, Boston Lettuce, Bell Peppers, Cucumber, Radish, Cabbage, Fennel, Zucchini, Flat Leaf Parsley, and Cilantro.
10) Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Grapefruit, Pear, Mango, Lemon, Limes and Grapes.
11) Canned Tomatoes, Beans, Chickpeas and Pineapple.
12) Tinned Tuna, Anchovies and Sardines.
13) Pickled Stuff -> Olives, Mixed Vegetables, Sauerkraut, Cocktail Onions, Beets, Banana Peppers.
14) Milk, Yogurt, Eggs, Brick of Parm, Sharp Cheddar and Mozzarella.
15) Frozen Stuff -> Peas, Pizza, Hash browns, Mixed Fruit, Sardines and some Jamaican Patties
16) Instant Ramen, Kettle Chips, Granola Bars, Popcorn, Cookies, Mixed Nuts and discounted mixed Halloween candy.
17) Coffee Beans, Various Teas, Carbonated Water, Orange Juice, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water and Coca Cola.
18) Red Wine, White Wine, Case of Beer, Gin, Vodka, Rum, Rye, Bourbon, Single Malt, Sweet/Dry Vermouth, Sherry and Bitters.

Why doesnt this forum have a sticky

/thread

blogna pasteurized dairy product and bread sliced . maybe some orange juice

Don't forget to fill your fridge up with hot dogs OP.

Thanks a lot, user, this really helped.

Will do, although imo pineapple juice is better.

Paprika and cayenne pepper

>not grinding pepper and cumin when you need them
>powders
Kys

I usually just keep hot dogs in my fridge.

your sneakers man... nothing like slipping on a pair of chilled sneaks

use the door space for hot dog condiments and hotdogs

@OP this is a good post except for a few of these

1-6 you can keep stocked whenever
7 i would buy when you're almost out (pasta/rice/crackers/breadcrumbs you can keep in your pantry)
8-10 buy when you need it for a recipe or if you're craving it, because it WILL go bad (onions, potatoes, shallots exempt -- also, you can buy minced garlic and keep it in the fridge)
11-13 are fine you can keep them in the pantry
14 buy when you need it (you can buy most cheeses pre-shredded as well, and they'll last a while)
15 frozen veggies are GOAT and so fucking easy to make, super fast nutrition and filler for anything you cook
16-18 are fine

just be careful buying perishables unless you KNOW both HOW to use them and that you WILL use them, because I have shit in my pantry that's years old that I haven't used because idk how

3. vinegar's are tricky. quality varies greatly. read up to find acceptable a reasonably priced balsamic vinegar.

4. vegetable oil. This is the only thing I buy in a small size. vegetable oil goes bad very quickly (month or two at most) and and should be kept in fridge if it won't harden up. I don't refrigerate olive oil though

Butter - buy 4 sticks and keep 3 in freezer.

if you like cooking pasta, I would tell you to buy a nice block of parmesean and grate a small containers worth to use as needed with pasta, ramen, soups, etc....

I try to eat healthy, so I always have 3 or 4 frozen blocks of chopped spinach in the freezer. Throw in microwave for 6 minutes and they they can be added to any dish. I'll put a whole block on a frozen cheese pizza & then throw some nice parmesean on top of that.

garlic and onion powders, the others in the list arent powdres

Uhh let's see some classics from my fridge.

Tortillas, for some reason they last forever in the fridge. Shredded cheese too, and pizza dough if I'm making pizza. Maybe a shaker of parmesan. Some lettuce, tomatoes, onion, I like the green onions too. Some of this stuff always wastes. Lunch meats and cheese slices if you eat lots of sandwiches, same goes for hotdogs if you like those. Normally 2-3lbs of packaged chicken or sausage for whatever I'm cooking up that week. A carton of eggs. Lots and lots of beer. Milk, creamer, juice. Jars of various kinds of pickled veggies. The whole door is full of sauces but the ones I use most are a couple kinds of hot sauce, couple kinds of BBQ sauce, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, taco sauce, mayo, couple kinds of dressing, ketchup and mustard.

The freezer has frozen pizza and a couple microwave meals. Fries and frozen veg. Old meats and stuff that was going to go bad, leftovers sometimes. Big bag of frozen chicken wings.

Pantry's full of seasonings. Basil and oregano, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, chili powder, onion powder, love me some cayenne. Tons of other stuff that doesn't get used as much. Rice and beans too, pasta, various flavor packets. Cooking oils and broths. Plus canned whatever, soup, tuna, veg, whatever man whatever.

>@OP
You must be joking

>brelett
>styrk
my nigga

Really good list

Definitely Ketchup for your steak

>i'm fat as fuck and don't really know how to cook all that much at all

I don't think various stocks have been mentioned yet OP. If you have the freezer space, a little homemade chicken stock goes a long way. Also fish stock if you have the space.

OP here, that is definitely a good idea.
I'll look into it, never thought about freezing stock before (I usually make them when I need it and keep it in the fridge for a week max).

>ketchup on your steak

yep, I do like cooking pasta, it's simple and filling. Besides parmesan, what other cheeses would you recommend?

>lots and lots of beer
Kek, that goes without saying.

I'll probably stock up at the farmer's market this weekend, thanks Veeky Forums.