I'm a 25 year old NEET. Is there anyway I can become a robot in terms of work ethics. Not a real robot...

I'm a 25 year old NEET. Is there anyway I can become a robot in terms of work ethics. Not a real robot. I just want to have the work ethic and drive of someone like Henry Kissinger.

tl;dr: I do nothing all day. Is it possible to do work and studying from morning till night all day everyday?

Yeah why not. Just start learning shit.

That is not OP.

Also I'm not going to take advice from the neets on r9k

>inb4 /adv/

/adv/ is entirely 30 year old females

just b urself

If you do nothing all day what's stopping you from just picking a subject and grinding it out.

I have """adhd" since I was 5.

After I open a book for 5 minutes I just can't do it and I go back to my laptop.

What does your doctor say to do?

>close book
>go to laptop
Do you lack critical thinking skills?
Delete everything off your laptop and buy digital textbooks.

I used to take ritilan but he doesn't want to put me back on it.

Plus I get heart palpitations from my asthma inhalers so I don't want to go on it either.

A trick that I sometimes use is switching between multiple productive tasks.

It helps a little in not wasting as much time.

>Is it possible to do work and studying from morning till night all day everyday?- 9 posts shown.
No. You cannot ignore the fact that you are a human and thus have cognitive, psychological, emotional, and physical limitations.

>After I open a book for 5 minutes I just can't do it and I go back to my laptop.
There are several things going on here.
First, you are not used to thinking intensely. Because of your NEET lifestyle, your default mode is passive thinking, doing fairly mindless things like surfing the internet or playing video games or sleeping. Engaging in a cognitively-demanding task, then, is a huge contrast to your everyday mode of being, and you will be resistant to it. There are theories that suggest that humans have aversions to things they don't see as necessary, which manifest both mentally and physically. So, when you are reading or studying, pay attention to the increasing feelings of stress and the negative thoughts and emotions. Be aware that these are occurring because you are attempting to do something that goes against your default mode.
Second, it helps if you actually have an interest or desire to learn what you are reading about, obviously. And have a good idea in your mind of which subjects you really want to learn deeply vs. those subjects you just want general knowledge of. For the latter case you can just pick up a book and read through it, but in the former case you should use all sorts of resources, including textbooks, video lectures, lecture notes, problem sets, etc. etc. Attempting to read a textbook from front to back in the same way you read a more casual book is a bad plan. This is because difficult concepts take time to gel in your mind, and you may need to take multiple passes through parts of the textbook to fully understand them.

Become an athlete?

30 minute jog every day. aerobic exercise is extremely, extremely beneficial, cognitively, and obviously for your cardio-vascular system. You will have more energy, better memory, better executive function, faster information processing speed etc... you will notice the difference within one month of doing this.

but no, nobody works and studies every waking moment of the day.

Sleep well each day.
I didn't last night and fuck me it's hard going through my daily workload right now.

>No. You cannot ignore the fact that you are a human and thus have cognitive, psychological, emotional, and physical limitations.

What happens if I just ignore that?

You burn out and just stop doing anything for a while.

So when people like Henry Kissinger have tier 1 work ethics, is that genetics or something engrained while they were a child?

I mean considering I'm 25 is my cognitive potential already at its peak? Does plasticity have any hope for me.

For full disclosure I have been smoking pot for 10 years but I am in the process of stopping.

100% genetic.
The sooner you accept you are a subhuman, the sooner you can understand that you will never be able to trust yourself and so make sure to be forced to work.

Social pressure, an agenda, stabbing yourself with a knife each time you procrastinate, etc.

I have a love hate relationship with statistics.

In order to make rational choices, I love empiricism and logic.

However, I hate confusing statistics with fate. By definition, rising to the top means being a statistical anomaly.

I like math.

Should I just become a mathematician or something?

When I was 15 I wanted to be a bilderberger but now I just want to have enough money to enjoy all the peaks of the singularity.

No you'll burn out like you've already done. start slow.

Push yourself through reading as much as you can until you are able to read for a long time. Your brain lacks the ability to concentrate. It'll only gain it by practice.

Gotta hammer that anvil everyday until you love it.

I recommend taking on a course load that makes you anxious. Fast way to motivate yourself to perform at a level beyond your current means is to dive in head first and see how it goes. Sink or swim.