My father drowned a few years ago

My father drowned a few years ago.

The many-worlds interpretation appears to be correct. And, even if you disagree with that, the universe appears to be flat and therefore infinite.

Given that, do you guys think that my father is basically alive, in most universes and in most parts of this infinite universe? And I just happen to be living in a freak part of the multiverse where he died randomly, which may make my experiences worse, but at least most versions of him are living his life out?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt5531470/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No he dies in all possible worlds.

Trump is only president in 0.00000000023% of all possible worlds.

>The many-worlds interpretation appears to be correct

1. Buy a ham radio.
2. Watch Frequency on Netflix,
imdb.com/title/tt5531470/
3. Talk to your father.
4. ???

I know this sounds like a meme, but he dies about 50% of the time.

Do you think that we can alter laws of physics to make your dad alive

e = m * sqrt(c)

Put him in a box. Then he's in a superposition of being dead or more dead.

>The many-worlds interpretation appears to be correct
wew lad

Why on Earth would he leave such a smart young boy like you behind?

he is already in a box
a coffin

>

Your father's dead and gone. One day, you'll be dead and gone too. In the interim, grow the fuck up.

>the universe appears to be flat and therefore infinite.
How is being flat makes the universe infinite?

What would our ancestors think if they were alive today?

They'd wonder why it was so dark and cramped.

You are trying to turn science or rather science fiction into a religion. Stop.

Quantum immortality

Some instance of your father is alive but that's only if the many worlds interpretation is correct, and even if it is, you cannot interact with him in any way.

What I don't get about quantum immortality is: If it's valid, does that mean when you die you just immediately resume experiencing life in the you that didn't die, or do you (user on Veeky Forums) die and some other fork of your existence continues on in world X.

if the universe is infinite then it's deterministic, since every physic event fills the infinite. so, you should be worrying more about if i actually exist or pretending you're alive (i prefer the last option).

>if the universe is infinite then it's deterministic, since every physic event fills the infinite
so tired of this meme

OP here

You guys really think the multiverse theory is sci fi nonsense? An increasing number of physicists are jumping on board. It's over half now.

And the idea that the universe is infinite? It fucking looks infinite, I'll tell you that much.

Well, the many world interpretation is indeed beijg accepted more and more. But do take into account, since it's so much easier for humans to die then stay alive, your father might be dead in more universes than he is alive (at least a bigger infinity)... or since there are an infinite number of worlds, I dunno. Anyway, assuming that or the attractor field theory, he is, indeed, alive in many universes. Of course he is suffering in an infinite number of them, but alive. So yeah, I think he is alive and well in some other universe.

He is still alive in this one... just moved on somewhere else

>It fucking looks infinite, I'll tell you that much.
Uhh, What? No, it doesn't. There's a pretty goddamn clear and distinct edge of what we can see and purely conjecture beyond it.

For anyone interested, that picture is yayoi kusamas gleaming lights of the soul installation in Louisiana musem of contemporary art in Denmark. Kusama has psychological problems that cause her to see dots everwhere during her seizures and this installation is an extension of those experences

>the universe appears to be flat and therefore infinite

All of them are only "models" of Reality (a model is "not" Reality but merely what works best in the present). Sadly, most people can see only a few trees, or one: but they cannot step back and see the whole [forest]. It's depressing to see that most so-called sci's believe as fully in their big bang as the religious believe fully in their god. Both are narrow- and closed-minded; simple and unlearned and merely e-duced (e-duc-uated, seduced).

Kek