Why do people with high IQ's perform below-average in schools?

Why do people with high IQ's perform below-average in schools?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Curse-High-IQ-Aaron-Clarey/dp/1522813756
youtube.com/watch?v=dqTTojTija8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Simply not true

smart but lazy

in my own case (and yes, I know I'm an arrogant faggot), it's because my thought moves much faster than what's needed to comfortably learn the information and do the assignments, so essentially while the teacher/professor takes 20 minutes explaining something to the normies that I could've learned in 5, I've long since been thinking about something else, and am now 20 minutes worth of information behind everyone else. Now even if I focus harder I have to work with new information that's being introduced with the assumption that old information is already known. you could compare it to driving on the highway in 2nd gear

>Social Skills

OP don't know about Pygmalion Effect.

Applying occam's razor we conclude that OP is...

>tfw too smart for school
Bullshit user. You're just fucking lazy

maybe because IQ just an arbitrary test like any other and there's no reason to trust it like some god given indicator of intelligence like most people treat it

Source

>laziness related to intelligence

lmao

to do well in school you need slave mentality, not smarts

This is kind of me as well. I learn subject (x) really easily, then get distracted as the full explanation to (x)'s value to society and why I should care goes on, then suddenly I missed the explanation on subject (y) and then when we start building on (z) which draws from (x) and (y), I haven't got a clue on half the fucking rationale behind (z), so that fucks me over until I go back and figure out (y) later on.

Now I'm not going to say I'm the magical "smart kid who has bad ethic" that a lot of dipshits do, I'm just gonna say that's why traditional schooling is really bad for me. Maybe I just have ADD though.

I'm gonna guess that you meant to ask why do some people with high IQs do bad at school

For me, it was probably a combination of having such a low processing speed, average working memory, lack of trying out of some stupid fear of finding out that I was a lot less intelligent than I thought I was (Teacher said I was the best physicist in my class, but I did shit in every exam), lack of interest in certain subjects, and more than anything pure laziness. That said, my abilities weren't tested to be super high, even though I had all my teachers believing le lazy genius meme

They are too smart for schools.

>Responding to obvious unsourced bait

Because IQ measurements is as relevant as horoscope.

Are you kidding? You must be kidding.

This.

Yes, there are people who had trouble in school but are now very successful people. Why?

I suspect that the reason is that school provides "recipes" for people who would like to become professionals. However, "recipes" can be quite stifling for those that have the ability and are accustomed to creating and discovering on their own.

Hence, people like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Richard Branson, etc. intuitively realize that operating independently instead of continuing to learn "recipes" from school will maximize their ROI.

For those of us that are a little more risk averse or appreciate starting with predefined "recipes" before moving on to our own creations, staying in school makes a lot more sense.

People with high IQ generally perform better in schools.

School was never made for or by them.

Effort is just as important as intelligence

It's less "lazy" and more "attention span of a goldfish". Though you are right, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with intelligence - and actual high IQ kids just pick it up with no issues regardless. The practical difference between the average "high IQ" stemfag here and an actual high IQ person is that the latter finished his master's at 15. Your brain might be slightly faster than a normie's, but the 160iq folks might as well be gods in comparison.

the fuck is this

I wouldn't say I performed below average, but I did get bored a lot and trail off. It's more a problem with educaton systems challenging children less than it is my inability to consciously listen to textbook summaries.

Truley smart people perform well in school, without having to try very hard

funny you say this. I consider myself a retard. But I never learn well from classes. I always learn a lot better just doing the shit on my own. Something about the interaction and self discovery of a problem is easier to grasps than some guy in front of a projector explaining it.

is there a way to find out my IQ for free? I've seen some tests online but they are all either BS or they have a charge.

This honestly
In high school I used to get high grades by studying no more than 10-20 minutes at my home and not even every day, maybe 2 days in a week.
This only considering subjects needing memorization - I never actually had to study math/physics/chemistry/any science or math-related subject, always used to understand everything in class immediately and without further exercise. As for mandatory homework, I usually skipped P.E. and Religion lessons to do them if they were going to actually affect my grades(when teacher said I was going to get a bad grade if I don't do them, basically. Otherwise I used to skip them)

Don't know how much this is worth, but I am pretty sure I was way smarter than my classmates since they actually had to try to perform similar to me and they kept saying it was a very hard school while I could breeze it like this

Is that actually worth something? I only think it means I used to actually pay attention in classes and used a lot of intuition to compensate my laziness, so I became a very quick learner

Maybe if you are so smart you'd be able to catch up with the subject even by missing the explanation, specially in STEM.

Fuck you for being like that, user. I wish I wasn't just a sligthly above average 115-125 IQ brainlet and had this much ease at school.

I don't know how much my IQ is and I don't think online tests are very reliable since I can get 130 one day and 90 the next day in the same test
Pretty sure I am not over 130 though but not less than 115

Smart people do well at school.
You people are just dumb, lazy and arrogant.

Most smart people drop school and perform like shit, then they actually change the world - are they dumb, lazy and arrogant now?
Performing well in school is all about wageslave mentality and pleasing the teachers, including some lucky exceptions like

whatever you say, sunshine. Idiots like you always spend too much time making up excuses and comparing yourselves to people whom you have nothing in common instead of applying your supposed brain power to actually learn things and get somewhere in life.

Just do multiple, spaced tests and make an average. Huge variations are not very common unless you are sleep deprived and hungry in one of the testings.

Nice projection, this still doesn't answer my question though

doesn't matter because you use the same old tired excuses I've heard all my life from my idiot brother who was also supposed to be very smart.
He would go on speeches with the same bullshit as you faggots and the ol' "college is a scam".
Fast forward to years and years later, I have my Masters' degree in Medicine and he has been unemployed for about a year.
It's hilarious.

Also, there is no point in mentioning "Most smart people drop school and perform like shit, then they actually change the world " because you are nothing like them, no matter how much you fantasize about it.

Also, from what you've said you are definitely above 130. I'm about 120 and since around high school I always had to study (specially because I was depressed), not a lot, but it had to be regularly and surely more than 10-20 minutes a day.

Your experience with your brother doesn't outweight an universal truth

>Also, there is no point in mentioning "Most smart people drop school and perform like shit, then they actually change the world " because you are nothing like them, no matter how much you fantasize about it.
I am not like them, but it indeed proves that performing well in school isn't linked to intelligence, just who the fuck said I am talking about myself?

whatever you say, guy.
You are special. You are different. You totally aren't yet another loser who uses the tired old "genius but lazy" excuse like your kind.

Am I claiming that?
Read again
>I am not like them

Also...
>genius but lazy
I legit know a person who's definitely smarter than me but lazy

They don't. IQ is an excellent predictor of academic success.

Don't kid yourself, if you dropped out or under-performed you weren't wise enough to get your brain in gear so you don't have to overwork to compensate later on.

Pretty much the paradigm of the intelligent idiot.

T.Intelligent Idiot

Laziness overweights wiseness, unfortunately

Never skipped a year and perfomed decently, but definitely way less than I could have done. I was performing actually very well the first years, but got incredibly lazy in the last one and underperformed too much

Most schools are for teaching stupid people stupid things. Smart people see this almost instantly and fuck off.

Anecdotal evidence is good enough for 80% of scientists and it is good enough for me.

>I am not like them, but it indeed proves that performing well in school isn't linked to intelligence
It is linked with intelligence. Just because there are people who are smart but lazy and do not do well at school it doesn't mean that there aren't people who are smart enough to be lazy and get good grades and people who are smart and also put some effort at school.

This.
High school is easy. Anyone who manages to get

There are a couple of good ones. A good rule of thumb is that more questions = more accuracy.

I haven't come across a single online one that gives you a full scale score, though. A full scale score is actually four suubscures that grade your processing speed, verbal comprehension, etc...

why are you bad at analogies if you are so smart?

Err... you proved yourself that intelligence is not the determining factor

amazon.com/Curse-High-IQ-Aaron-Clarey/dp/1522813756

>Memorizing crap is intelligence
The entire school system is a meme.

Only some subjects are pure memorization.

because i don't care... I don't perform below average, i perform average... because grades and school is a loss of time and I can study just fine for the exams in an hour rather then pay attention during the whole course. thus I have average grades on all the small tests, because I only use common sense and previous knowledge to solve them... and I perform just fine on the finals because I'm willing tu put and hour or two into that, and nothing else... depending on the subject and how well i understand it already...

school is easy... i'm just not willing to put the requiered energy and time into it... I couldn't care less about whether my grade is A, B... or E as long as I get the same title as everyone else in the end...

It's well known that you learn faster when you are doing something you need and enjoy. so why would I study fully in school and have all this contextless information in my head, if I can learn it naturally by needing it at some point, and having a good memory of it, with plenty of context on how to use this knowledge in more creative ways...

youtube.com/watch?v=dqTTojTija8

>that title
Video is pretty retarded(comparing a car to a classroom, really?), but so is the current school system and it should indeed change in some kind of talent seeking&cultivating system - simply to produce more people who perfectly knows what and how they want to use their skills and maybe finding out way more talented people than we can think.
But no government wants smart people

Did I ever say it is? I said intelligence is linked with academic success, not that it is the sole cause of it. One thing can have multiple other things linked to it, you know?

>High school is easy. Anyone who manages to get

u can't generalize............ there's ur answer

current government wants smart people that they control and a vast majority of dependent idiots. although I doubt that any one group has those intentions directly in mind

It kind of is.
Intelligent people find ways to get around problems when they're young and this often develops into laziness as they grow up.

That sounds a legit explanation for "smart but lazy"
I guess in school if you are used to get high results out of little or no work, you will eventually turn lazy

Some are smart but can't deal very well with social situations, accidentally triggering teachers or other students to react badly to them.

Could be because those not doing particularly well in school mostly don't bother to take the tests and if they do take the tests they perform worse for the same reason they perform worse in tests in school irregardless of actual intelligence.

>drop out of high school at 16 and start doing distance learning
>grades go from Bs and Cs to As
really makes u think