So can we safely assume that if TWOW doesn't come out before season 7 we'll never get it?

so can we safely assume that if TWOW doesn't come out before season 7 we'll never get it?

What is the fatman actually doing? DFW wrote infinite jest in 3 years

be more grateful you ungrateful ingrate

Who cares

Why? A commercial fantasy writer delivers a service to his readers. He's delivering that service poorly.

>What is the fatman actually doing?
raking in cash

The fatman is fucking lazy. I hate the bullshit argument that it is "his" work. Anyone who says that: fuck off. It'll be more than six years since ADWD by the time TWOW comes out. No book takes that long. The guy's a lazy hack.

>inb4 triggered

You bet I'm fucking mad.

Hes old, and finally has mass recognition and money, let him enjoy it

This.

He's probably nervous. He literally hasn't written a book in the series since the tv show started.
Lots of people watching him now, lots of pressure for it to be great.

It's going to be awesome

he probably can't write an ending that isn't garbage. so he's just gonna die before it ever ends.

With as bad as the show has gotten, he could shit out anything and it would be better than the show. And yet he doesn't. Stupid selfish cunt.

Wow, you did it!

IJ wasn't a series, right? Grrm likes to open various plot threads without closing them properly, now he actually has to conclude all that he's written. I heard fantasy publishers no longer look approvingly on these long doorstopper serials because of situations like this.

his ending is pleb tier and he wants it to be patrician, so he's desperately searching for a way to make it work with the foreshadowing he's built up so far.

(right now his planned ending is daenerys and jon frying white walkers with one of them dying a tragic death and the other forced to rule without them)

>he reads meme books

Y-Yeah dude, meme books!

Hey, what's your favorite character in Finnegan's
Wake? Mine has got to be Finnegan.

>let him enjoy it
no

He shit on Tolkien for writing a generic 'good vs evil' story and then realised he's written himself into a corner where a generic good vs evil battle is the only logical way to get out of it.

So he'd just rather not bother.

Kek, literally this.

Even if he makes, say, Dany, evil and the white walkers good, it's still the same thing.

They were never great to start with, user. He should have nothing to fear.

I like to believe he spent way too much time on that "The World of Ice and Fire" deal. That came out in 2014, right? Maybe he realized some things writing that book that made him want to change his plans from his earlier drafts of TWOW.

>'

>DFW wrote infinite jest in 3 years
Really? No wonder it's shit. Everyone knows it takes at least 10 years to write a masterpiece, it doesn't deserved to be ranked among the two other works of the meme trilogy.