Is she as good as they say?

Is she as good as they say?

Other urls found in this thread:

heartiste.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/december-2009-beta-of-the-month/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The books are really good, the covers were a terrible marketing decision. They are definitely a brilliant example of sincerity in literature, as she takes down machismo culture and second wave feminism in favor of a sort of brutal examination of the paths to perdition that we all take, being especially careful to rip herself apart the most. I read all 4 in a little more than a week.

are you a woman(m)?

No. And again, this is why the covers are terrible marketing, they do not reflect the book and they suggest housewives buy it, when 3/4 of it is sexual awakening and predation, violent Neapolitan thugs, academic spats, and labor battles.

I could go the rest of my life without reading something penned by a woman """writer""" and not feel like I've missed out.

t. someone who hasnt read the book

This. Women are simply inferior and barely conscious. They are like plants, children, or dogs.

preach senpai

That's a typical women. They should stay in the kitchen where they belong instead of destroying society with their wickedness and superficiality.

We're better off alone, bro. At least we have our waifus and aren't under the spell of roast.

We are the only ones who are through the facade to the real redpilled truth.

Anime and vidya > women

>They are like plants

get laid retard, women are fine

In the book the protagonist falls for feminism and utterly destroys her life and her relationship with children.

Meanwhile the women who stay at home are also completely fucked and beaten. Your comments regarding this book are preaching to the choir.

If it's written by a women, then I ain't reading it, kid.

I value my time on earth, and women sucks shit. Stay brainwashed

it's still a book written by a woman.

>not at least excluding wuthering heights

I only read the first one and found it quite underwhelming. I think Knausgaard is the best "life as fiction" writer who's popular at the moment.

i dont read books written by women. that's the same as acknowledging them as equals

What are they doing out of the kitchen??!

pretending they're "journalists"

Can't believe what's become of the West

Wish I was born in another era, where women knew their place

>equality of the sexes

You must admit that chad looks real dashing in that pastel blazer

>waaaaaah women shouldnt be able to capitalize on their increased SMV and should be forced to stick with my limp-wristed ass until death

nope, you're still bluepilled

i didnt say anything contrary to that. its in the interest of men to keep women down because otherwise women will always try to take advantage of men.

yeah, if you're always playing from a position of weakness

or you could, you know, increase your SMV so that you're unambiguoualy the clear choice in any room you walk into, barring ryan gosling walking in the door

and if he does walk in, well, there's the insight at the end of this to maybe deal with that: heartiste.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/december-2009-beta-of-the-month/

why not be strong instead of tyrannizing others to keep them weak? oh right, cause that's the hard option

why should you chose the hard option when you have the choice of an easy option? are you retarded?

what an omega mindset jfc

sincerely hope you're trolling

>you should choose the hard option because i say so
you dont even have an argument.

I agree with most of this, although I didn't see the story as at all *centered* on an anti-patriarchal theme. For me it was most of all a series about aging and the ordinary and universal experiences that come with it, and also how a single friendship can shape who we are. I thought Ferrante tackled these ideas with the nuance they deserve and her characters are brilliantly fleshed out. They're very engaging too-- I also read all 4 in probably a little over 2 weeks. The only real negative for me is that the prose isn't particularly unique, but it's not like I read it expecting something like Woolf or Joyce lol.

The effortless 'women writers are shit' comments are so childish...

I was really enjoying it. But somewhere toward the end and the beginning of the second book I start to feel disgust and discomfort. Not sure why.

you're espousing being a paper tiger and acting like that's a superior option when there are real predators out there.

your sexual strategy disintegrates in the face of any worthy competitor. it's pure shit

>paper tiger
>real predators
>sexual strategy
>worthy competitor
ROFL

what is going on in this thread

are you losers actually from trp or are we just havin' a joke?

We're redpilled, kid. Joins us on sluthate

epin, sam hyde

you wont obfuscate your beta nature, rat

the only beta here is you. just look at the way you fucking write you dweeb.

and he got mad, kek

you dare to anger me?

yeah i dont hate you either, cheers

It's bad. Shows in what a bad state literature is at the moment.

that's the same guy. he just got a haircut, bought shades, and worked out a little.

That's le joke

oh i see

My buddy at NYU talked to him and mentioned he's seeking the rights to adapt V. by Pinecone sometime next year...

Good posts, thanks for the info.

The rest of this thread is genuinely the worst I've seen on Veeky Forums. I hate unfunny trolling Christ it's embarrassing.

To add some criticism to it: The story is universal only in it's banality. The Friendship is shallow, the conflicts carry no existential weight to them. This makes it a very pleasant and relatable read, but the whole thing falls for me apart because what is told is entirely replacable and doesn't mediate anything unique or mind-provoking to the reader. There is no pain or no greater joy that is communicated here. And while this is not a requirement of good literature, in the case of this narrative, i think it is a requirement, otherwise it just falls flat. Atleast for me. The prose is uninspired too, mediocre and unpoetic. The reading flows because there are no edges or no craftmansship.

I repeat, this book shows in what a bad shape contemporary literature is. If you compare it to, as some poster here has said, Knausgaard, it remains as a mediocre piece of "art" that nobody will remember in a hundred years.

How new must you be to not just filter it all. I've never even considered these people serious even when they break the filter. Interpret it as some level of irony, smirk, and move on.
Show some aplomb, lass.

Lol.

>The Friendship is shallow, the conflicts carry no existential weight to them

any concrete examples? Because my perception was quite different. Knausgaard has the better prose, but for me, he uses it to disguise a lack of depth, unlike Ferrante.

>this is why the covers are terrible
>they suggest housewives buy it
nice sexism

Filtering is the same as downvoting, It doesn't appeal to me.
spergy shit-posts don't bother me, I'm just commenting on how bad it is in this particular thread.

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO HOLD IT UP TO HIS HEAD. WHY DOES HE NEED TO TAKE A SELFIE WITH IT. WHY IS HIS ANALYSIS SO SHALLOW AND SURFACE LEVEL. WHY IS CHICK LIT NOW CONSIDERED LITERATURE. WHY IS FRANCO SO FAKE?

No I don't mean filter it with whatever functionality the website or addon comes equipped with.

>WHY DOES HE HAVE TO HOLD IT UP TO HIS HEAD.
Because that's how girls always take photos.

> she takes down... second wave feminism
So the book is opposed to women working?

>WHY IS CHICK LIT NOW CONSIDERED LITERATURE
define chick lit

Because, despite his pretension of (to?) being a True Artiste, he is only an actor who relies on his headshots for a living.

>WHY IS CHICK LIT NOW CONSIDERED LITERATURE
I wonder.

>chokemefranco: touch me
lul

>toward the end and the beginning of the second book I start to feel disgust and discomfort

I too felt that, and I dont know if its because the narrator is channeling her hatred of her younger self.

She exists in a patriarchal society, and joins the 70s wave of feminism. In doing so she destroys everything she loves for "muh ideology". In the end, both housewives and rebels against the patriarchy are equally fucked.

I much enjoyed this over Knausgaard. I felt as though she framed all 4 books as an honest conversation with the reader, whereas Knausgaard was definitely playing games with the reader.

its not the same guy this has been debunked a hundred times

>They are like plants
i fucking love this place, can't stop jiggling

What games

Wrong. Plants take nourishment from the earth and recycle C02 into oxygen. Women only drain. In my opinion they are like drains for this reason, or maybe pipes. In any case, say away from them much as you stay away from drainage systems and things of such metaphysical character.

yes

why are you proud of this knowledge?

>When that one guy who's actually read a book somehow wanders onto /lit

its something i learned on Veeky Forums after someone posted that exact same picture.

Everyone who has actually addressed the book has obviously read it. It IS a pedestrian retelling of Knausgaard with some degree more regionalism. I dont think it is a bad thing.

Can we get a confirmation on this

Uninspired trash that's not worth anyone's time.